Clark Lea named to coaching staff (footballscoop.com) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clark Lea named to coaching staff (footballscoop.com)

Sort of ironic that the board melts down when Marrone "steals" SU assistants - but happiness when SU offers a better opportunity to a key BG coach who was only there for one year!!
e56a3.gif

Sort of ironic that the board melts down when Marrone "steals" SU assistants - but happiness when SU offers a better opportunity to a key BG coach who was only there for one year!!
I doubt Clark Lea told BGSU fans that it was his dream, and every decision that he made was so that he could be the linebackers coach at Bowling Green State University.

Right but we wants best for SU. I dont care about BG. I am sure the BG message boards are pissed because we stole a coach from them.

Well, assuming the people here who actually know what happened are telling the truth, it's much more the manner in which Marrone brought in former SU assistants, and particularly Hackett. Flat out lying that he had no intention of bringing Hackett to the Bills, and then hiring him right before he was bout to sign on to continue as OC here says far more about Marrone's integrity. I don't think you would see nearly as much anger if he had simply been honest about his intentions. The slow drip approach to grabbing former SU assistants instead of just ripping off the damn bandaid is also pissing some of us off.

Seems to be a excellent recruiter... maybe we mine California now? This staff as it sits, needs recruiters, seems like we got one.

Now we need an eastern guy.

Does this mean anything in regards to Morrison? Or may Anselmo? Will we still go with 2 LB coaches (waste IMO)? If so, maybe Anselmo goes to offense?

I have it on good authority that Shafer told the Bowling Green coaches that he wasn't going to take any of their coaches. Now he does this? What a jerk.

Ps- that's obviously a joke. I don't agree with your post at all.

Interesting...things not settled yet...per scoop.

post removed temporarily at request of university involved

Does this mean anything in regards to Morrison? Or may Anselmo? Will we still go with 2 LB coaches (waste IMO)? If so, maybe Anselmo goes to offense?
Lea seems well qualified and I am sure he will do a good job.

Regarding John, except for when he was the HC at Nassau CC, Anselmo has always been a defensive coach. I could see him focus on special teams, maybe coach the TEs? I hope this doesn't mean John is calling it quits now. Seems like all our recruiters have left the building.

Regarding John, except for when he was the HC at Nassau CC, Anselmo has always been a defensive coach. I could see him focus on special teams, maybe coach the TEs? I hope this doesn't mean John is calling it quits now. Seems like all our recruiters have left/are leaving the building.

Regarding John, except for when he was the HC at Nassau CC, Anselmo has always been a defensive coach. I could see him focus on special teams, maybe coach the TEs? I hope this doesn't mean John is calling it quits now. Seems like all our recruiters have left/are leaving the building.

It would be nice to have Anselmo around for at least 1 more season to help establish some post-Marrone continuity on the metro recruiting, given what a focus that area has been for us.

Regarding John, except for when he was the HC at Nassau CC, Anselmo has always been a defensive coach.

I assume that this means Hendersron is leaving too, Anselmo is returning to coaching DBs and Lea replaces John as the 2nd LB coach.

With the talent and coaches in place I expect nothing less than a top flight attacking defense next year moving to the ACC.

post-Marrone continuity...

That sounds like coachspeak for "I called X number of NFL coaches for this coaching position and they all said no... so I hired [insert name] from Syracuse...

That sounds like coachspeak for "I called X number of NFL coaches for this coaching position and they all said no... so I hired [insert name] from Syracuse...

The rest of that statement read something like "...on the recruiting trail in the metro area."

Well, assuming the people here who actually know what happened are telling the truth, it's much more the manner in which Marrone brought in former SU assistants, and particularly Hackett. Flat out lying that he had no intention of bringing Hackett to the Bills, and then hiring him right before he was bout to sign on to continue as OC here says far more about Marrone's integrity. I don't think you would see nearly as much anger if he had simply been honest about his intentions. The slow drip approach to grabbing former SU assistants instead of just ripping off the damn bandaid is also pissing some of us off.
^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom