Classic JB - | Syracusefan.com

Classic JB -

He's not knocking on the ACC's door - he's kicking it down. LOL

The ACC rotation of their greatest asset, the ACC tournament, is not well thought out, imho. The only times that tourney has anywhere near the excitement of the BET at MSG is when it's held in North Carolina. The tourneys at Atlanta and DC lacked that excitement.

Not sure how the logistics would work, but I was wondering if the ACC does expand to 16, would it be possible to have 8 teams play at MSG and 8 teams play at Greensboro, Thursday (all day, 4 games at each site) with the winners advancing to Friday night games, those two winners playing Saturday afternoon and then have the championship game Sunday afternoon at one of the sites - alternating each year.

It would probably give an unfair advantage to the team that didn't have to travel Saturday, but ticket sales at two great arenas should be ease the pain somewhat.

I'm sure there is something else I haven't thought of.

Cheers,
Neil

I'm not sure the Big East Tourney will be held in MSG. Especially if Trangeese gets in the fold here and steps in and helps the Big East out as he has hinted at today. He won't allow that. But that new arena in Brooklyn, yeah the ACC could claim that and hold tournament games there.

JB already pointed out the option of the new Brooklyn arena. It ain't MSG, but having us, UConn, Pitt, Duke, UNC, etc- will definitely draw crowds.

I'm not sure the Big East Tourney will be held in MSG. Especially if Trangeese gets in the fold here and steps in and helps the Big East out as he has hinted at today. He won't allow that. But that new arena in Brooklyn, yeah the ACC could claim that and hold tournament games there.

The BET contract with MSG is through 2016. If the ACC expands with UConn and one other, MSG's issue will be do they want the comfort of the Big East every year versus the ACC once in a while. Or could something be worked out where both tourneys can be held there?

A Tuesday (2 play-in games), Wednesday (4 games), Friday afternoon (2 semi-final games) , and a Saturday night tourney championship for the Catholic League Big East 10 and a 16-team ACC tourney where 8 teams come to play 4 games on Thursday, 2 games Friday night, a semi-finalist Saturday afternoon and a championship game Sunday afternoon every other year.

Just trying to think out of the box.

Cheers,
Neil

The BET contract with MSG is through 2016. If the ACC expands with UConn and one other, MSG's issue will be do they want the comfort of the Big East every year versus the ACC once in a while. Or could something be worked out where both tourneys can be held there?

A Tuesday (2 play-in games), Wednesday (4 games), Friday afternoon (2 semi-final games) , and a Saturday night tourney championship for the Catholic League Big East 10 and a 16-team ACC tourney where 8 teams come to play 4 games on Thursday, 2 games Friday night, a semi-finalist Saturday afternoon and a championship game Sunday afternoon every other year.

Just trying to think out of the box.

Cheers,
Neil

They will take the Big East every year over the ACC once every 4. With the St.Johns tie-in, its not even an issue really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom