Classic SU Football games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Classic SU Football games

Do we have a morvil11 equivalent on the football board who can achieve demigod status by posting lots of old games that we haven't seen in a long time?

For example, I would love to see 1995 at UNC, McNabb's first game.
Better dig up coaches film then. I seem to recall this being one of the last non-televised games (unless it was a regional broadcast, as I lived in Cincinnati at the time) ... and one of the first games I listened to over an internet radio feed.

Better dig up coaches film then. I seem to recall this being one of the last non-televised games (unless it was a regional broadcast, as I lived in Cincinnati at the time) ... and one of the first games I listened to over an internet radio feed.

I’m 98% sure the 1995 UNC game was on ESPN Saturday primetime with like Ron Franklin. I think you’re thinking of the 2003 opener which we won in 3OT which was totally untelevised.

I’m 98% sure the 1995 UNC game was on ESPN Saturday primetime with like Ron Franklin. I think you’re thinking of the 2003 opener which we won in 3OT which was totally untelevised.

You are right. McNabb’s debut was televised. The 3OT game was not.

I want to see McNabb playing Michigan in Ann Arbor, when he was taken out of the game in the third quarter because we were so far ahead of Brady's Wolverines. It was a fun walk back to the car in Orange garb after the game.

I was there - pretty sure I remember ESPN being there. I know a bunch of our players were mugging for the camera on the sidelines in the closing seconds as the camera did their closeup shot. I was right behind it, standing down there.

I want to see McNabb playing Michigan in Ann Arbor, when he was taken out of the game in the third quarter because we were so far ahead of Brady's Wolverines. It was a fun walk back to the car in Orange garb after the game.
It was on YouTube forever but it seems to have been removed

Yes, it was very hot. Great game though. The group of guys I was with all thought that this was the year for SU, the way the manhandled Wisconsin. Then over the next few weeks we had a couple of coach P's What losses.

I actually never saw this game and it was my senior year at Syracuse. I was invited to a seafood cookout in Liverpool and ended up boozing and eating and hearing the highlights through a radio. Feels like 300 years ago.

It was on YouTube forever but it seems to have been removed
Stephen Barnett was the YouTube account that had this game along with hundreds of other games but his account was removed

Heartbreaker with a last minute TD, but tons of offense. Nassib threw for 470. Season opener if I remember correctly.

Heartbreaker with a last minute TD, but tons of offense. Nassib threw for 470. Season opener if I remember correctly.
That game was very similar to the Wake Forest opener the year before with us making a miraculous comeback, but we just couldn't seal the deal at the end against NW. Ugh that late hit out of bounds penalty was maddening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom