Clean house and go Juco route | Syracusefan.com

Clean house and go Juco route

Maxsumm

Scout Team
This team is laughably bad: not talented and not disciplined
Time to try again

Not going to happen.

I asked Marrone if he was going to use the JUCO route with the success that Goggins shown on the field this season. Answer was "No. We are looking one player a DE."

Well cleaning house would potentially mean Marrone is not the one making that decision ;)

Another great call by Doug what a stubborn idiot. Im so sick of Doug and his stubborn BS that i could puke. He should be looking at any players who can step in and upgrade this team. Six turnovers, 10 penalties. Life skills my ass

May not be a bad idea from a physical talent standpoint, however, not sure what difference it will make with the foolish penalities, especially all of these personal foul ones...that's discipline, which falls directly upon the coaching staff.

If Doug had a "win-now" attitude, he would be going hard on the JUCOs for a RB and WR, in addition to a DE and a LB. Maybe a safety.
I can understand the "build" approach (meaning take our lumps while the recruits grow up), but I doubt the fans will stick with it.

With Daryl Gross at AD he better win next season because we have seen in every sport that he his not afraid to fire a head coach who does not win.

I do not think that will happen because if this team finishes in last place again next season I believe that Marrone will resign and go back to the NFL. I hope it does not happen but this program can't afford another last place finish next year.

Let's go the JUCO route ... because kids who couldn't qualify for college two years ago will have no problems getting accepted into SU.

Let's go the JUCO route ... because kids who couldn't qualify for college two years ago will have no problems getting accepted into SU.
I wonder what the data shows on guys like Hay, Tiller, Fisher, Diabate, Ball, Goggins, Alexander, Kose, Taj Smith (from Grob's first year); versus Milford guys like Kobena, D. Davis, M. Davis, Broyld, Smallwood; versus some others on the team who arrived directly. We have had our share of academic casualties among our HS recruits who qualify; we aren't talking all Tim Greens, Pat Kellys and Daryl Johnstons either way.

Bottom line: Marrone has looked to JUCOs to add size, but not to add playmakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom