clean house . shut it down. | Syracusefan.com

clean house . shut it down.

Millhouse

Living Legend
learn something from PSU. it is OVER. program is disgraced but the community doesn't neccessarily have to be.

Are you ing kidding me? PSU scandal just came out! Let the investigation play out. If Fine was involved in the "said" allegations, then he should go down obviously, but allow DUE PROCESS to take first dude. Jeez...Not good man, but it is NOT the time to close the program down considering the totality of circumstances right now.

SU did everything PSU should have done, but SU is still supposed to shut it down?

Really.

Why, exactly?

learn something from PSU. it is OVER. program is disgraced but the community doesn't neccessarily have to be.

Lord, Millie. Take a chill pill, my man.

SU investigated this in six years ago. There may be some truth to this...or perhaps this young man, as espn noted, this 39-year-old man, is trying make a quick buck.

If SU did anything to cover this up, I agree. But, if SU is to be believed, it conducted a 4 month investigation through its attorneys.

huh? why? PSU scandal just announced...not saying it's not true, but now would be the time all the crazies came out...

While I applaud Millhouse for his thought, and it may come to that, we are a long ways away from that. You don't shut it down because you have a monster working for you. You shut it down if JB and the university covered it up. No sign of that as of yet.

If SU did anything to cover this up, I agree. But, if SU is to be believed, it conducted a 4 month investigation through its attorneys.

One would have to assume with an allegation of this nature that they kept a lot of records that they can turn over to the city police that supports their stance they did an investigation and found nothing.

One would have to assume with an allegation of this nature that they kept a lot of records that they can turn over to the city police that supports their stance they did an investigation and found nothing.

If SU is telling the truth, then it sounds like it did the right thing as best it could.

What are you kidding me we have one of our deepest teams ever. This team has the potential to be blowing people out by double digits come march like UNC did a few years back.

Fine needs to be on paid leave and sadly maybe JB to until he can show no regret. Its not about what JB could have done its about him having no regret so we know he did his best. God I hope JB is that guy in this dark time but the truth is going to come out.

In the span of less than five minutes, you've had a post suggesting SU basketball get shut down, and talk of a red phone to a moderator/BOT member. Very well done.

Problem is turn on any National Radio Show right now (SIRIUS, FOX, SportingNews..etc) the ONLY part of the story they are focusing on is that when this was brought to police, the chief of police was a former SU player under Boehiem. Perception is Reality in American Culture and right now the perception is of a COVER UP!

Not saying it was, but outside of the Syracuse Bubble that is the perception

meltdown-front-cover.jpg

What are you kidding me we have one of our deepest teams ever. This team has the potential to be blowing people out by double digits come march like UNC did a few years back.

Fine needs to be on paid leave and sadly maybe JB to until he can show no regret. Its not about what JB could have done its about him having no regret so we know he did his best. God I hope JB is that guy in this dark time but the truth is going to come out.

If SU covered this up, who the f*** cares about whether we have a deep team and could win a national championship? If the allegations are true, two kids could have had their lives ruined. And if it is true, it didn't stop at 2.

You sound like the idiot Penn State fans.

There better be some damn fine good record keeping. The fact that the public or media was not informed is not what brought down PSU. It was that the police were not informed. This so far sounds like the opposite. Still sick to my stomach and not looking forward to work or the discussion with my kids. Guilty or not Bernie probably needs to go. No reason to subject himself or the team to the ridicule coming his/their way if he stays.

Problem is turn on any National Radio Show right now (SIRIUS, FOX, SportingNews..etc) the ONLY part of the story they are focusing on is that when this was brought to police, the chief of police was a former SU player under Boehiem. Perception is Reality in American Culture and right now the perception is of a COVER UP!

Not saying it was, but outside of the Syracuse Bubble that is the perception
Exactly. If Joe Paterno knew every single thing that happens in State College then Jim Boeheim knows every single thing that happens in Syracuse. Perception is Reality.

If SU covered this up, who the f*** cares about whether we have a deep team and could win a national championship? If the allegations are true, two kids could have had their lives ruined. And if it is true, it didn't stop at 2.

You sound like the idiot Penn State fans.

Thats not the point I am making the point I am making is if JB feels guilty for this and he stays then he is going to have that perception on tv for as long as hes here.

We don't need that we need a Fearless, guiltless leader who is giving his all. As I said before he was a young coach in the 80's how many HC's were out looking for things like that.

Agree I am sickened by this but I want a championship this year. If that makes me a big basketball fan who isn't ready to quit on this season then so be it.

There better be some damn fine good record keeping. The fact that the public or media was not informed is not what brought down PSU. It was that the police were not informed. This so far sounds like the opposite. Still sick to my stomach and not looking forward to work or the discussion with my kids. Guilty or not Bernie probably needs to go. No reason to subject himself or the team to the ridicule coming his/their way if he stays.

The media did know about it. ESPN's OTL investigated, but felt there wasn't enough to go on, according to the story on espn.com right now...

Agreed.

I take solace that both ESPN and the Post-Standard in 2003, and then the University in 2005 investigated and couldn't find sufficient evidence to publish these allegations or take further action [in the case of the university]. That doesn't mean that Fine is innocent--if any portion of this is true, no matter how minuscule, then Boeheim is gone and Millhouse will get his overreactionary wish.

The only reason this is making news now is that police are investigating. ESPN doesn't need "evidence" now to publish the story, all they are doing is reporting something factual about the police looking into this.

Hope to christ it isn't true. If it is, then Fine is a ing monster.

The state of the basketball team should have NO BEARING on this whatsoever. We need to know 1) whether this true, and 2) who knew what, and when. If there is a PSU-style cover-up, then everyone needs to go.

Some things are more important than 'Cuse hoops.

Agreed.

I take solace that both ESPN and the Post-Standard in 2003, and then the University in 2005 investigated and couldn't find sufficient evidence to publish these allegations or take further action [in the case of the university]. That doesn't mean that Fine is innocent--if any portion of this is true, no matter how minuscule, then Boeheim is gone and Millhouse will get his overreactionary wish.

The only reason this is making news now is that police are investigating. ESPN doesn't need "evidence" now to publish the story, all they are doing is reporting something factual about the police looking into this.

Hope to christ it isn't true. If it is, then Fine is a ******* monster.
i once asked you if you were fine's kid. oops, sorry about that!

Fire Fine and Boeheim.

Let Hopkins take over at HC, and let Gerry takes over Hop's position.

Hire someone who isn't affiliated with Syracuse to take over for Fine.

If we don't do this now, our program will never recover. Our recruiting will suffer horribly. Get it over with now.

The state of the basketball team should have NO BEARING on this whatsoever. We need to know 1) whether this true, and 2) who knew what, and when. If there is a PSU-style cover-up, then everyone needs to go.

Some things are more important than 'Cuse hoops.

Some of us live for Cuse basketball. When we lose we die for 5 months with a occasionaly recruiting dream in our sleep.

Cuse basketball is Life. There is no other Karma team in the universe I would give Myself to.

If you don't feel like that big of a fan at heart then thats fine, but I do.

Once again if JB feels unguilty thenI feel he passes the test.

Some of us live for Cuse basketball. When we lose we die for 5 months with a occasionaly recruiting dream in our sleep.

Cuse basketball is Life. There is no other Karma team in the universe I would give Myself to.

If you don't feel like that big of a fan at heart then thats fine, but I do.

Once again if JB feels unguilty thenI feel he passes the test.

Dude, don't tell me about what it's like to be a 'Cuse fan. Everyone who knows me knows what kind of completely devoted diehard fan I am and what I have done over the years in terms of following this team.

Mason

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom