Rumor: Potential changes coming to exhibition and scrimmages. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rumor: Potential changes coming to exhibition and scrimmages.

The rumor at Le Moyne last month was that they were going to play Syracuse for the season opener this year. Since neither team has announced a season open I assume this is still likely. Anyone else shed some light on this?
I don't have any specifics but playing D1 basketball is pretty expensive and LeMoyne needs to play away games at places where they can make some money to help balance their budget.

Last year, they played at Penn State, Villanova and Georgetown. Playing at Syracuse would give the players a chance to play in a big time facility and give the local LeMoyne fans and students a chance to watch them play in a really nice place just down the road. It has to be something LeMoyne would like to do.

I would think with LeMoyne now D1 and already pretty competitive, it would not be a bad opponent for Syracuse to play. They should give Syracuse a fairly competitive game but still give them a chance to get the subs a chance to get some playing time.

I would be surprised if this does not happen and I agree, it makes sense to make it the home opener. No need to make it an exhibition game now that the Dolphins are D1.

The Athletes in Action will be overjoyed to hear about this. Their prayers have been answered.

I suspect I am totally overlooking something, but it would seem that Athletes in Action had the opposite of having their prayers answered. Aren't teams already permitted to play 2 Exhibition Games? And now there is a possibility of playing exhibition games against D1 teams, which would restrict the market for teams like AIA.

Hey maybe O.C.C has some room on their schedule......what say you?

there would be a lot more demand for tickets than a TBT game.
Depends on who they'd play. A mid-November scrimmage against Lake Tahoe Community College won't draw more than 3-5k.

Depends on who they'd play. A mid-November scrimmage against Lake Tahoe Community College won't draw more than 3-5k.
I was talking about a scrimmage between Syracuse and LeMoyne when discussing a game to be played in the Syracuse area.

It would get more than OCC can hold. Probably more than the War Memorial as well. Moot point now anyway...