Clearly a leverage play by Marrone... | Syracusefan.com

Clearly a leverage play by Marrone...

Jake

Mod
There is only one way Marrone gets mentioned simultaneously for two separate jobs by Adam Schefter - it had to come from Doug or his agent.

I hope so! As a Bills fan and a Cuse fan enduring years of football futility I finally have reason to be excited (and its not a new year, clean slate excitement, its a program being built in front of our own eyes excitement) and that is because of HCDM. My hope is the Bills hire Lovie Smith and HCDM scares the crap out of whoever he needs to scare at Syracuse and gets what he needs and what we need to compete in major college football.

He's like a double naught spy that agent of Dougs. I say we match the Bills offer of Tim Horton gift cards and sign him to a long term deal.

There is only one way Marrone gets mentioned simultaneously for two separate jobs by Adam Schefter - it had to come from Doug or his agent.
If it is then good for him. If the board isn't acting in good faith and giving him what he deserves then he should do this. These people should be forced to act. They are so conservative that they need to have this thrown in their face.

SU is going to the ACC the money will be there so they have no excuse.

Yep, but you have to be willing to leave if bot won't pay and I think Doug is, he also has to be offered the job. I hope Doug gets what he knows the program needs. I think many at Syracuse are unwilling to spend what it will take to compete at at the highest level, I think 8-5 and a bowl game is just fine with most up there. Invest!!

I disagree. Most likely Adam Schefter got the info from the teams themselves. He was probably trying to find out who each team was going to interview and got the info from them

I disagree. Most likely Adam Schefter got the info from the teams themselves. He was probably trying to find out who each team was going to interview and got the info from them
And amazingly the only name either team mentioned is Marrone. Imagine the coincidence!!!!

Check Schefters tweets from last night. It's the only coaching carousel tidbit he offers from those two franchises.

And amazingly the only name either team mentioned is Marrone. Imagine the coincidence!!!!

Check Schefters tweets from last night. It's the only coaching carousel tidbit he offers from those two franchises.
Jesus these teams fired their head coaches about 10-12 hours before this news broke. Also it was announced Keith Armstrong is interviewing in Chicago. There were Ray Horton interview requests lined up. The news is out here you are just choosing to ignore it. This isn't some sneaky thing by Doug and his agent to leak stuff. NFL teams aren't going to "help Doug" get more money out of Syracuse University, hate to break it to ya!! They really want to interview him because they are considering him for the head coaching position!

It may be the ONLY news from last night because well it was the only news from last night. Haslam has said he wants to talk Chip Kelly for weeks, did you expect Schefter to report that for the 40th time last night? . So it MIGHT have been the only news "last night" on a "holiday" and a "slow news night" but its not some grand conspiracy by Doug and his agents.

Leveraging what? What if he has already signed an extension with a significant pay raise? Is he leveraging reopening that agreement?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Leveraging what? What if he has already signed an extension with a significant pay raise? Is he leveraging reopening that agreement?

EXACTLY!! Some people are living in a la la land. And now Adam Schefter and the Browns and Bills are "helping" Doug get more money out of Syracuse by taking the time to meet with him and Schefter reporting it!?! Unreal!

So what is really going on here?

Does Marrone want an NFL job or is he trying to get the BOT to listen to him and meet his demands?

I doubt he got any info from the bills. no one inside the bills knows what's going on there, there aren't many people in the mix at all, and one of them is an owner who hasn't been seen or heard from in years, they keep things very close to the vest. i find it much more believable that this news comes from marrone.

Jesus these teams fired their head coaches about 10-12 hours before this news broke. Also it was announced Keith Armstrong is interviewing in Chicago. There were Ray Horton interview requests lined up. The news is out here you are just choosing to ignore it. This isn't some sneaky thing by Doug and his agent to leak stuff. NFL teams aren't going to "help Doug" get more money out of Syracuse University, hate to break it to ya!! They really want to interview him because they are considering him for the head coaching position!

It may be the ONLY news from last night because well it was the only news from last night. Haslam has said he wants to talk Chip Kelly for weeks, did you expect Schefter to report that for the 40th time last night? . So it MIGHT have been the only news "last night" on a "holiday" and a "slow news night" but its not some grand conspiracy by Doug and his agents.
He didn't say that. This is a pretty dopey post.

Marrone leaking the interview news is leverage. it doesn't mean the bills are just doing him a favor to get more money

EXACTLY!! Some people are living in a la la land. And now Adam Schefter and the Browns and Bills are "helping" Doug get more money out of Syracuse by taking the time to meet with him and Schefter reporting it!?! Unreal!

Yeah, because coaches have NEVER leaked that they are in play for other jobs to get a bump.

It's absolutely UNHEARD of.

Doug Marrone is a "hot" name right now. I'm not sure if people here think that the Browns and Bills would seriously consider Marrone but I would think there is a distinct possibility they would. He is "fresh" but has some great bloodlines. Cuse needs to react in the right way.

So what is really going on here?

Does Marrone want an NFL job or is he trying to get the BOT to listen to him and meet his demands?

I take it your screen name is a rouse?

I want Doug and the whole staff to stay so if this is what if takes to wake their butts up then I'm all for it. If these clowns go the BC route then it's totally possible I'll do the same with my season tickets and be more fiscally "responsible" as well.

Jake, the only problem I have with this , is that Doug would have to know that this will hurt recruiting. We still have guys to sign.

Leaks usually come from the side that wants something.

Jake, the only problem I have with this , is that Doug would have to know that this will hurt recruiting. We still have guys to sign.

How is it going to hurt if he ends up getting more resources into the program.

Leaks usually come from the side that wants something.

I don't see this as a "leak". Man gets interview for a job, not really a big deal in the NFL this time of year. Very common place.

Interviewing for the Browns

Cards D-Coordinator Ray Horton who is also a candidate for the Cards job

Falcons O-Coordinator Dirk Koetter he's also interviewing with the Chiefs & Eagles

Oregon HC Chip Kelly is believed to be the Browns top choice

Penn St HC Bill O' Brien has a $9.2 buyout in Happy Valley he may be using the NFL to sweeten his PSU pot. Philly, Arizona & San Diego are interested in him too.

New England O-Coordinator Josh McDaniel has said he is happy in New England. He was rumored to be one of the candidates

Other rumors

Andy Reid to Arizona

Check this piece out

How is it going to hurt if he ends up getting more resources into the program.
It wouldn't hurt long term at all. However, we have a kid about to annouce later this week. It can't help if the Head coach who he has been saying he likes, may not be there. Plus, there are 4 or 5 other guys. I am talking short term.

It wouldn't hurt long term at all. However, we have a kid about to annouce later this week. It can't help if the Head coach who he has been saying he likes, may not be there. Plus, there are 4 or 5 other guys. I am talking short term.

This program isn't going to rise or fall on Ogundeko

This program isn't going to rise or fall on Ogundeko
Did I say it would? Nope. But sooner or later I would like to win one of these battles that we never seem to win. Also, there are other kids out there that are considering us that might be put off. And that may mean a win or two down the road at a big time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom