Clearly a leverage play by Marrone... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clearly a leverage play by Marrone...

It wouldn't hurt long term at all. However, we have a kid about to annouce later this week. It can't help if the Head coach who he has been saying he likes, may not be there. Plus, there are 4 or 5 other guys. I am talking short term.
Plus you have to consider all of the verbals as well. Worst case scenario is that if Marrone leaves then the new coach would have to convince all of the verbals to stay committed. You could call that short term, but it's really a 5 year term.

Remember how good Ray Rice would have looked in Orange. That changed the fortunes of Rutgers and Syracuse. Here is an article about this same subject that hits the nail on the head.

http://www.nj.com/rutgers-fans/index.ssf/2011/02/2011_recruiting_class_makes_yo.html

Jake, the only problem I have with this , is that Doug would have to know that this will hurt recruiting. We still have guys to sign.

All of this would be wrapped up well before national signing day.

Jason LaCanfora reporting the Bills "short list" is Horton, Whisenhunt, Marrone (not listed in any special order)

All of this would be wrapped up well before national signing day.
Isn't the only way it's wrapped up is if the Bills or Browns go elsewhere. If he goes, isn't the carousel just starting? Unless you believe Marrone is only blowing smoke.

I think Doug wants this wrapped before signing day. The leaks push up the timetable.

As for any suggestion that Doug already has an extension in place...why the radio silence? It helps nobody by keeping it a secret.

It's like that scene from a few good men..,"Santiago was so excited about leaving, that he hadn't called a soul, and hadn't packed a thing."

Stern, don't know what to tell you buddy. We're not gonna agree on this.

I think Doug wants this wrapped before signing day. The leaks push up the timetable.

As for any suggestion that Doug already has an extension in place...why the radio silence? It helps nobody by keeping it a secret.

It's like that scene from a few good men..,"Santiago was so excited about leaving, that he hadn't called a soul, and hadn't packed a thing."

Stern, don't know what to tell you buddy. We're not gonna agree on this.

We won't agree. You view this as a leak I view this as just news. If we can't agree on that no chance we can go any further debating this.

Jason LaCanfora reporting the Bills "short list" is Horton, Whisenhunt, Marrone (not listed in any special order)
So LaCanfora got to the bills org and got three names. Amazing. The bills organization must really hate Schefter for not giving him the other two names.

So LaCanfora got to the bills org and got three names. Amazing. The bills organization must really hate Schefter for not giving him the other two names.

Maybe the Bills didn't have the OTHER 2 names last night when Schefter reported it! I think you are looking for something when there really is nothing.

LOL

Pay him and build the GD practice facility!

With what money? Do you believe the athletic department should run in the red or that the school should use general student funds ala rutgirls?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Maybe the Bills didn't have the OTHER 2 names last night when Schefter reported it! I think you are looking for something when there really is nothing.
Or maybe the schefters original source was the Marrone camp.

I mean. C'mon fonzie, you can say it..,

Or maybe the schefters original source was the Marrone camp.

I mean. C'mon fonzie, you can say it..,

Once again, I don't see this as a leak. It's just stating news and a fact. Who gains by this info leaking? Sorry, not Doug! What is SU going to offer Doug more money today and Doug NOT going to take those NFL interviews? That's not reality. Doug is taking those interviews and if offered the job he's gone! I don't see this as Doug's camp being sneaky and floating stuff out there. They don't have to!! They already got the interviews lined up and everyone knows it! How does leaking info last night help Doug? It doesn't! SU already has the message loud and clear, they got a hot property on their hands, if they want to keep him pay him a lot of $$$. Leaking this info about his interviews didn't reinforce that any. People in power on the hill know he is taking these interviews, no need to leak it!

With what money? Do you believe the athletic department should run in the red or that the school should use general student funds ala rutgirls?

Why isn't borrowing the money today against the money to come in from the ACC an option?

4 years ago this facility upgrade was on the table without the knowledge that the ACC money would be there in a few years.

The bigger question is what is the plan for the increased ACC money? Is it to continue to fund programs in the red specifically programs that don't generate revenue or programs that drive the entire athletic program?

Leak or news - what is the difference in this case? Bees is right - the side with an agenda tells the press. DM wouldn't be the first coach to leverage this kind of situation.

The real question is: Is there a binder that says Cleveland Browns on the cover?

Once again, I don't see this as a leak. It's just stating news and a fact. Who gains by this info leaking? Sorry, not Doug! What is SU going to offer Doug more money today and Doug NOT going to take those NFL interviews? That's not reality. Doug is taking those interviews and if offered the job he's gone! I don't see this as Doug's camp being sneaky and floating stuff out there. They don't have to!! They already got the interviews lined up and everyone knows it! How does leaking info last night help Doug? It doesn't! SU already has the message loud and clear, they got a hot property on their hands, if they want to keep him pay him a lot of $$$. Leaking this info about his interviews didn't reinforce that any. People in power on the hill know he is taking these interviews, no need to leak it!
Well sport, teams don't list the date, time and names of their interviewees. It doesn't work that way, so if there is a 'fact' out there...it was leaked.

Although, if that name is Sabon, Meyer, Parcells etc...them yeah, team is leaking it.

And unless the BOT is sitting around Hendricks chapel sipping baileys, Jameson and coffees together, the best way for them to know marrone may be leaving is for his camp to leak it...and let them see it on sports center

Thanks for playing.

Why isn't borrowing the money today against the money to come in from the ACC an option?

4 years ago this facility upgrade was on the table without the knowledge that the ACC money would be there in a few years.

The bigger question is what is the plan for the increased ACC money? Is it to continue to fund programs in the red specifically programs that don't generate revenue or programs that drive the entire athletic program?

I don't know what the books look like. I don't know what they can or can't buy or what they currently gave outstanding. I'm talking more about the posts saying hand over the money now.

As far as capital improvements - most notably a practice facility - I don't get it. Get as much in the way of donations as possible. Leverage the additional revenue coming from joining the ACC (a massive increase to the AD). Then finance the what's needed. The interest rates are what? Did I hear low? Really low? Low as they have been in modern times or will be again? If you're not going to do it under this lending environment - you aren't ever going to do it.

Ugh Wisenhunt, you gotta be kidding me.

As far as capital improvements - most notably a practice facility - I don't get it. Get as much in the way of donations as possible. Leverage the additional revenue coming from joining the ACC (a massive increase to the AD). Then finance the what's needed. The interest rates are what? Did I hear low? Really low? Low as they have been in modern times or will be again? If you're not going to do it under this lending environment - you aren't ever going to do it.

Isn't it a financial risk to borrow against potential future revenue? Is that good business?

Isn't it a financial risk to borrow against potential future revenue? Is that good business?

It can be. Kinda depends on risk / reward. It's how businesses often grow.

I hope so! As a Bills fan and a Cuse fan enduring years of football futility I finally have reason to be excited (and its not a new year, clean slate excitement, its a program being built in front of our own eyes excitement) and that is because of HCDM. My hope is the Bills hire Lovie Smith and HCDM scares the crap out of whoever he needs to scare at Syracuse and gets what he needs and what we need to compete in major college football.

In reading all these Marrone threads, the biggest question I have is how the hell did a kid from Long Island become a Bills fan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom