Clemson AD Shoots Down Big 12 Rumors | Syracusefan.com

Clemson AD Shoots Down Big 12 Rumors

sufan

Scout Team
"Clemson AD Shoots Down Big 12 Rumors"

"TigerNet: There are a lot of rumors concerning a Clemson move to the Big 12…
TDP: There is no substance to that. None. The Big 12 has a committee formed – I guess you would call it an expansion committee – to look at the future of the Big 12 Conference. I would suspect without knowing that part of the charge of that particular committee would be to look at continual expansion because they are no longer the Big 12. They have lost their championship game and so I would suspect they are looking at it. But in regard to Clemson or Florida St. – of course I can't speak for Florida St. but I do have a pretty good feel for that part of the country – but I don’t feel like they have talked with anyone or visited with anyone and I can say for sure with Clemson there is no substance to that."

Why in the world would this guy respond to a blog from a wv fan? Attention? I don't get it.

Does anyone believe anything a college AD says anymore when it comes to expansion and moving? Seriously.

No not really but I don't understand his need to respond to something like this, just seems rather odd.

Which everyone knows that his denial really means somethings happening.

Which everyone knows that his denial really means somethings happening.

Listening to sports radio here in SC, I'd say they would rather erect a monument to Abe Lincoln on the campus than move the football program to the Big Whatever the heck they are now...

This is ACC/SEC country...If the SEC came calling, maybe Clemson moves but I'd be shocked to see them move to the Big XII

He doesn't want to give the SEC the idea that they are flirting with someone else too.

He doesn't want to give the SEC the idea that they are flirting with someone else too.

And money from Donors/Alumni and Job Security...they raise a S*&^load of money for the football program...If they think he's up the football program with a Big XII move money could dry up and his job could in jeopardy....If Dabo doesn't work out, TDP might be looking for a job as well

If the sec was on the fence regarding Clemson wouldn't you think that him just putting it out there may help push it a little? I'm with you in thinking Clemson wants in and if south carolina is ever ok with it, they are gone.

Why in the world would this guy respond to a blog from a wv fan? Attention? I don't get it.

Because some idiot who pays $29.99 per month can write something, googlers pick it up, and radio stations pick it up, and twitterers pick it up. Next thing you know, you have to say something because if you don't everyone thinks that what is out there is correct.

It's a fascinating time in our country's history. It's that easy to escalate a rumor you make up.

If the sec was on the fence regarding Clemson wouldn't you think that him just putting it out there may help push it a little? I'm with you in thinking Clemson wants in and if south carolina is ever ok with it, they are gone.
The SEC will not be pushed by anyone. They're perfectly content counting their millions and dividing them among the current members.

I think there are few things that most people do not consider when they talk about another potential SEC expansion. First, most AD's and coaches in the SEC are really reluctant to sign on to a 9-game schedule to begin with and they do not want to lose their rivalries (there is talk of UGA-AU and Bama-Tenn going away). Adding teams like Clemson or FSU or GT would further complicate the situation by making those in-conference opponents for their respective in-state rivals. People who make the pod argument for the SEC have not tried it, because there is no way to make pods without pissing off at least half of the schools. Consider just UGA. They have to play UF, SCar would demand to play them every year, they would be closest geographically to Clemson (if they joined), UGA-Auburn is the south's oldest rivalry, UK and Vandy would probably also want something to say about it too. Now think about that with AU and all there rivals. The 12-team SEC worked so perfectly because it was such a delicate, yet nearly perfect, balancing act. I think people are just now beginning to appreciate it for all it was.

Also, there is a comfortable balance between the ACC and the SEC, not on the field, but off the field. One does not really gain much from hurting the other. The relationship works well and with the B1G and the Pac-12 jumping into bed with one another even more so than before, having a strong ally at the BCS negotiating table cannot be overrated.

No not really but I don't understand his need to respond to something like this, just seems rather odd.
Because he likes to see his name in headlines. And he WANTS the Big 12 to come calling. This is his wink-wink-nudge-nudge way of keeping the story alive. Say you aren't going but hope you get a phone call.

Because he likes to see his name in headlines. And he WANTS the Big 12 to come calling. This is his wink-wink-nudge-nudge way of keeping the story alive. Say you aren't going but hope you get a phone call.

Just like Missouri trying to get themselves invited into the B1G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom