Clemson alum welcomes you to the ACC... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson alum welcomes you to the ACC...

thanks.

lets see if you can win back that chunk of rock we took last week.

it will be on display next to Ernie's Heisman.

next year we take the rest and leave you for dead in death valley afer we deliver another sound beating that will have you scrambling for the exits early.

Oh Lord
Ever the diplomat. lol

ClemsonTiger...meet Kaiser ...our very own Welcome Wagon President

thanks.

lets see if you can win back that chunk of rock we took last week.

it will be on display next to Ernie's Heisman.

next year we take the rest and leave you for dead in death valley afer we deliver another sound beating that will have you scrambling for the exits early.

Oh Lord

Nice!...but it won't work with them...they know it was most likely a Coot that did it.

Nice!...but it won't work with them...they know it was most likely a Coot that did it.
its precisely that ignorance and lack of clairvoyance which has me none two worries bout dem suthners.

keep letting them think and look for it down there, its the cornerstone of the new IPF at Manley.

fools.

Oh Lord

its precisely that ignorance and lack of clairvoyance which has me none two worries bout dem suthners.

keep letting them think and look for it down there, its the cornerstone of the new IPF at Manley.

fools.

Oh Lord

Hmmm I smell a naming rights here...maybe $50k will get it for us. ;)

Actually what happened was pretty disgusting...one thing to spray paint something...another thing to ruin something they cherish as a fanbase. Right up there with the moron who poisoned the trees in Auburn.

Hmmm I smell a naming rights here...maybe $50k will get it for us. ;)

Actually what happened was pretty disgusting...one thing to spray paint something...another thing to ruin something they cherish as a fanbase. Right up there with the moron who poisoned the trees in Auburn.
im still not giving it back. ;)

the trees, i had a real problem with.

this?? well this was a rock that some rich alumnus stumbled over, threw in the back of the trunk of his car, (while likely drunk or on the peyote mind you) in the real death valley...and gave to the school. they were likely too scared to tell him no, (what if the checks bounce???!!) so they put it outside the stadium on a table or whatever.

surprised it hasnt happened sooner. doesnt make it right though.

Oh Lord

im still not giving it back. ;)

the trees, i had a real problem with.

this?? well this was a rock that some rich alumnus stumbled over, threw in the back of the trunk of his car, (while likely drunk or on the peyote mind you) in the real death valley...and gave to the school. they were likely too scared to tell him no, (what if the checks bounce???!!) so they put it outside the stadium on a table or whatever.

surprised it hasnt happened sooner. doesnt make it right though.

Oh Lord

It was a doorstop.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/traditions/a/Tradition-Clem.htm

Since I also received a degree from Duke, I can add to the education. Dukes admiral blue is called "True Blue" while "Carolina Blue" is robin egg blue.

Any "Dookie" will tell you that Carolina blue is the past tense of Carolina sucks. :rolling:

Hey Kaiser!

Did you have anything to do with this:

Guard the Lion Shrine

The Lion was successfully guarded for Homecoming 2011!

2978031.jpg

Immediately after the Homecoming Pep Rally, the Lion Ambassadors throw a huge event called Guard the Lion Shrine, which is jam packed with guest speakers, food and drinks, a DJ and, of course--Penn State Pride.

This tradition began in 1966 when Sue Paterno and a friend daubed the shrine in orange latex paint to stoke interest in that year's Homecoming football game against Syracuse. They left the scene in a getaway car when they thought they had been spotted by campus police. The paint washed off easily, but Syracuse fans later doused the shrine in oil-based paint, making the removal process much more difficult. Since then, "Guard the Lion Shrine" has been recognized as a Homecoming event, making it one of Penn State's best traditions.

Hello, Syracuse Nation...I just wanted to come on your board and say hello in preparation to being future conference mates in less than 2 weeks now...Even though I'm a South Carolina native, I have enjoyed watching Cuse basketball, especially in the Big East tournaments, over the years and I was at the bowl game (Gator) where your team surprised us Tigers by putting a sound beating so bad my family and I left the game in shock. I did keep up with some of the Doug Marrone era games you played recently and really liked your talent level, especially quarterback Ryan Nassib, and know you guys will compete on a high level in our conference in all sports.
Anyways, I know the cultural differences between the Northerners and Southerners will pop up but where I'm from in the coastal Myrtle Beach region of South Carolina I deal with people from NY, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, etc., who have been moving here in throngs, on a daily basis at work, in my neighborhood, and so on, even developing close friendships with many, so it's all about taking the time and effort to get to know someone on a deeper level than the things you see on the the surface. With that said, I'm really glad we got your New York school, and fellow Orange enthusiasts, and not Rutgers (rumored to be in the ACC at one time) because I have found just a little of that "famous" Jersey attitude goes a long way...:p

I apologize for the long post and I want to close by saying I'm excited to share support for our conference together that tends to live in the shadow of the SEC down here and the B1G up there and will be wishing you guys to perform well and be successful, when you're not playing Clemson, in the future like I will also be cheering on Pittsburgh and Louisville once they arrive.

P.S.- I cannot wait to see your team play Dook and the Tar Holes in basketball. That will be epic, my friends...

Thanks Clemson Tiger! One of my best friends is a former Upstate New Yorker who moved back to Clemson as he has retired there. Also he, his wife, and two children graduated from Clemson. I look forward to our anticipated side bets. I too remember that Gator Bowl and when going to work after seeing my frined who was very corgel and I offering only offering a smile and thank you to his congrates. I think this series could develop into a nice game if for no other reason there are a great deal of transplanted New Yorkers down your way. It will take us winning some games or being very competitive at the least before they pop their heads but hopefully that is sooner than later. Just for the record I have always voted for the tigers, not only becasue of my buddy but, hell just because you wear orange, maybe the wrong color orange, LOL but orange non the less. Thanks for having us in.

The orange blubberfest continues. Oh well, here let me help you out:

6228050068_5cedbd32fd.jpg

107039312_crop_650x440.jpg

136298876_crop_650x440.jpg

fbc-9-4-art-g8oj57jl-1ncaa-football-georgia-tech-at-virginia-tech-jpg.jpg

Syracuse practicing for ACC road games:

white_medium.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150