Clemson Attendance | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

EIt’s pretty freaking sad but obviously from that Maryland loss we are going to lose a lot of people that are pretty much a Fairweather fans that if you see them or one game that they lose or don’t come to play don’t bring there A game they’re not gonna show up it’s a shame that’s why we will never be In the upper echelon of great teams like Ohio State or Michigan Penn State whatever Notre Dame these teams sell out no matter what, and it just pisses me off that it will never be like that and it’s a shame because the kids deserve it

This baffles me too with people not showing up... how does a mediocre basketball team playing a Duke team no matter what their ranking get 35,000 but the best team in college football comes to town and all of a sudden people don’t come. Regardless of what happened in Maryland game, what else is seriously going on here to miss the game for ? Maybe it’s just me but I always want to say I saw the best team in a specific sport and luckily or unlucky for us it’s on our home turf. I’ll be there in section 130 going nuts

This baffles me too with people not showing up... how does a mediocre basketball team playing a Duke team no matter what their ranking get 35,000 but the best team in college football comes to town and all of a sudden people don’t come. Regardless of what happened in Maryland game, what else is seriously going on here to miss the game for ? Maybe it’s just me but I always want to say I saw the best team in a specific sport and luckily or unlucky for us it’s on our home turf. I’ll be there in section 130 going nuts

It’s not people not showing up. Most will if they bought tix. It’s the tix that haven’t been sold.

I have nothing rational to base this on, but for some reason I just envision us playing faster and more confident against Clemson in the Dome. I expect to compete.

Tommy has played better in the dome (fsu, UNC) than he does away from it (Liberty, wmu). Imagine WRs now have a short leash if they halfarse routes as well.

We, the fans, have a real chance to lift this team the next 3 weeks. Let's do what we do best and be loud and help the boys bounce back.

sa
I have nothing rational to base this on, but for some reason I just envision us playing faster and more confident against Clemson in the Dome. I expect to compete.
Same. I think it is rational given how well we play at home.

I think part of it is with a basketball game your in and out in 2 hours and you can move on with your day. With football...and I get this from a lot of people I work with who would be your typical "casual fan"...they don't want to invest 4+ hours of their Saturday at the Dome.

Insert jokes here, but I think the length of a college football game and how it just ties up your entire day for the most part is a big part of it with the casual fan. With that said, I think Saturday at 7:30pm this game will be a near sellout

I think part of it is with a basketball game your in and out in 2 hours and you can move on with your day. With football...and I get this from a lot of people I work with who would be your typical "casual fan"...they don't want to invest 4+ hours of their Saturday at the Dome.

Insert jokes here, but I think the length of a college football game and how it just ties up your entire day for the most part is a big part of it with the casual fan. With that said, I think Saturday at 7:30pm this game will be a near sellout
I wish it wasn’t the case, but this is absolutely a piece of the puzzle.

at some point they will fix it by just not stopping the clock on incomplete passes. 30+ a game at 30 secs and you gain 15-30 min back. with the rules to start the play clock now different maybe they need to rethink that rule as well or only do it the last 2-4 min of the game like the clock OB rule.

My one ask, and its been consistent...whether we get 42K, 45K, whatever...is that if you are in the upper corners please spread out. Please make it look full. Feel free to manspread. Lets limit the big chunks of gray in those corners. If its not a sellout, we can make it look like one.

We gotta see a week long absurd sale of tickets like Louisville last year.

No joke - the length of the games is a major problem and impacting attendance at more schools than SU.

I'm 28, I've never been inside a sold out Carrier Dome for football. Win or lose Saturday, it's going to be special.

The closest I recently recall is the LSU game a few years back. The only true sellout (or close to one) that I recall is the Miami game in I think 92. It was a great game even though we lost.

The closest I recently recall is the LSU game a few years back. The only true sellout (or close to one) that I recall is the Miami game in I think 92. It was a great game even though we lost.

I thought we either sold out or nearly sold out Miami in 1998 but Thanksgiving may have hurt student attendance...

EDIT- We got 49,251 announced that game...thats pretty damn close I think. I remember that game (my last as a student). The Dome was insane and just kept building the entire game

Edit again...yeah that was a sellout based on the max capacity

agree 100% with this which is why I think night games are the absolute best.

No joke - the length of the games is a major problem and impacting attendance at more schools than SU.
It's horrible. For a NOON game most people leave their house around 10:30am (assuming no tailgating), the game doesn't end till around 3:45 pm or 4pm or so. then by the time you get home its 5:15...and your exhausted and just want to go to bed. That's assuming no tailgating prior or no going to grab a bite to eat after the game. Your entire day is shot. People with kids and who have a 9-5 job Mon-Fri aren't giving up a Saturday or they just can't if you have kids as they may have activities or paying for a sitter for most of the day is killer.

It's NOT an SU only problem but its a problem college football has to fix as it is hurting attendance across the country. College football does not need to stop the clock after every first down, trim down halftime by 5 minutes, and the instant replay is killer. Give each team 2 challenges and that's it. If you get the challenge right you keep it. But the refs use the instant replay as a crutch and stop the game every 2 minutes for meaningless reviews.

I read that a lot but to me it's an event that I plan and when it ends...it ends. They play just 6 home games and I don't understand why an extra hour at the game is so a drastic a thing that it stops people from going.

Sigh-

Looking at TM we’ll need a big push this week to get to 48. If i had to guess we’re at 45 now. Those blocks are telling, I agree with bees.

im worried that the 3rd level swaths are lots of folks who were like, eh I'll buy a few more and sell them but if they dont sell will just plain have no one to use them. Section 303 looks pretty awful

im worried that the 3rd level swaths are lots of folks who were like, eh I'll buy a few more and sell them but if they dont sell will just plain have no one to use them. Section 303 looks pretty awful

There’s tickets sold here and there up there now, but a couple weeks ago those upper sections were completely unsold and they were all for resale at the same price. This was the work of Ticketmaster and live nation who are now one and the same in ticket sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom