Clemson Attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

I think part of it is with a basketball game your in and out in 2 hours and you can move on with your day. With football...and I get this from a lot of people I work with who would be your typical "casual fan"...they don't want to invest 4+ hours of their Saturday at the Dome.

Insert jokes here, but I think the length of a college football game and how it just ties up your entire day for the most part is a big part of it with the casual fan. With that said, I think Saturday at 7:30pm this game will be a near sellout
agree and to throw in another wrinkle, so many of the people who are going to the in and out 2 hours basketball games are the same people we need to get football attendance over the hump.

there are only so many days in a year you can waste going to the dome.

i think basketball eats away at football because people look ahead. football attendance is not that bad considering that with the population. there are some real diehards

Watched the 4:00 p.m. news and Steve Infanti reported that the game is officially a sellout per SU. I am hoping ticket prices drop dramatically on Ticketmaster so the remaining bandwagon fans will attend this event.

I'm 28, I've never been inside a sold out Carrier Dome for football. Win or lose Saturday, it's going to be special.
Best and loudest crowd ive seen was pregame for McNabb senior class vs Miami. Top blew off that place before the kickoff.

It's horrible. For a NOON game most people leave their house around 10:30am (assuming no tailgating), the game doesn't end till around 3:45 pm or 4pm or so. then by the time you get home its 5:15...and your exhausted and just want to go to bed. That's assuming no tailgating prior or no going to grab a bite to eat after the game. Your entire day is shot. People with kids and who have a 9-5 job Mon-Fri aren't giving up a Saturday or they just can't if you have kids as they may have activities or paying for a sitter for most of the day is killer.

It's NOT an SU only problem but its a problem college football has to fix as it is hurting attendance across the country. College football does not need to stop the clock after every first down, trim down halftime by 5 minutes, and the instant replay is killer. Give each team 2 challenges and that's it. If you get the challenge right you keep it. But the refs use the instant replay as a crutch and stop the game every 2 minutes for meaningless reviews.
Totally. Ive managed to trade gamedays for plenty of ladies nights. Its all about compromise. I missed a few soccer games for the kids last year but meh.

This is going to be awesome. I hope our men come prepared. Nothing will come easy.

Watched the 4:00 p.m. news and Steve Infanti reported that the game is officially a sellout per SU. I am hoping ticket prices drop dramatically on Ticketmaster so the remaining bandwagon fans will attend this event.

CE61ACE7-481E-4999-AE4F-A36E98A373F3.gif

prices have creeped back up to the 60 dollar level this afternoon (resell market)... Was $52 get in price this morning...

prices have creeped back up to the 60 dollar level this afternoon (resell market)... Was $52 get in price this morning...

171 tickets sold on Stubhub so far today. Today was the day for a cheap ticket, they are going to be back up to $75 by Wed/Thurs.

171 tickets sold on Stubhub so far today. Today was the day for a cheap ticket, they are going to be back up to $75 by Wed/Thurs.

And almost 4,000 available on stubhub (many are probably also on Ticketmasterscalp.)

Friday will probably be the biggest sell date. Everyone will be scrambling for a last minute ticket.

It's horrible. For a NOON game most people leave their house around 10:30am (assuming no tailgating), the game doesn't end till around 3:45 pm or 4pm or so. then by the time you get home its 5:15...and your exhausted and just want to go to bed. That's assuming no tailgating prior or no going to grab a bite to eat after the game. Your entire day is shot. People with kids and who have a 9-5 job Mon-Fri aren't giving up a Saturday or they just can't if you have kids as they may have activities or paying for a sitter for most of the day is killer.

It's NOT an SU only problem but its a problem college football has to fix as it is hurting attendance across the country. College football does not need to stop the clock after every first down, trim down halftime by 5 minutes, and the instant replay is killer. Give each team 2 challenges and that's it. If you get the challenge right you keep it. But the refs use the instant replay as a crutch and stop the game every 2 minutes for meaningless reviews.

When you consider that we might have 15 nice Saturdays weather-wise in an entire year in CNY, its a big sacrifice. I don’t think we had a nice Saturday until June this year, and once mid-August hits - who knows what’s gonna happen?

When you consider that we might have 15 nice Saturdays weather-wise in an entire year in CNY, its a big sacrifice. I don’t think we had a nice Saturday until June this year, and once mid-August hits - who knows what’s gonna happen?

And that is why I refuse to ever move back to NY despite my entire family still being there. Got that 1st taste of winterless consistent weather in California and that was it for me.

47k in the building can look like a sellout. 45 or below there will be lots of ugly patches up top :/

For some reason there are some single game tix now available that aren’t resales. They are the blue dots upstairs. $200 per. Yikes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom