Clemson Attendance | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

Ive never heard of manspreading to make a stadium look more full but it oddly makes sense.

That works when the empty seats are scattered all over. When you have large sections empty, no manspreading is going to help.

So will the school announce attendance of 49k (sellout) even tho a lot of tickets are being resold on secondary market (by scalpers/casual fans) and may go unsold.

Yes, I have watched college games that were “sellouts” with some empty patches in the upper decks. I think it’s the new normal.

Theres zero other explanation. Individual game tickets for Saturday have been in HIGH demand since May.

Inexcusable if not sold off imo.

I get that this decision's been made several levels above her, but I'm still not happy with my ticket rep.

With however many donor points I have, having held between 3 and 10 season tickets in football alone for a decade (and more for hoops), she told me a month ago that she couldn't find me a single? BS.

All those who are so pleased with Wildhack have to reconcile that with this practice. It's no way to treat longtime customers.

I get that this decision's been made several levels above her, but I'm still not happy with my ticket rep.

With however many donor points I have, having held between 3 and 10 season tickets in football alone for a decade (and more for hoops), she told me a month ago that she couldn't find me a single? BS.

All those who are so pleased with Wildhack have to reconcile that with this practice. It's no way to treat longtime customers.
Terrible. Id be mad and this is only my fourth year.

That does sound poor but it also doesnt make a ton of sense. What is the incentive for not selling you tickets? I am trying to find a reasonable alternative, but cant.

Get in price back to 52 bucks... Some kind of algorithm is at work here...

That does sound poor but it also doesnt make a ton of sense. What is the incentive for not selling you tickets? I am trying to find a reasonable alternative, but cant.

I'm not in the biz so I can't say for sure, but my guess is that they were contractually obligated to turn all those 300-level seats over to Ticketmaster for resale? Or maybe technically they had already been turned over (but SU knew they'd be flipping them as we got closer to the day of the game)?

From the university's perspective, the incentive is two-fold and boils down to the usual suspects: (1) image and (2) greed.

(1) Image-wise, they want a "sell-out" and will juke the stats to claim that. That seems to involve selling large numbers of tickets to Ticketmaster or other brokers, claiming that they're "sold" while understanding that they're not actually yet in the hands of potential attendees.

(2) This practice allows SU to hedge against the possibility of getting stuck with unsold inventory should circumstances change after that bullish summer of season ticket sales. (Say, SU is selling tickets at a steady clip but has always faced an uphill battle filling a 50,000 seat stadium, then demand falls off a cliff when they get blown out in one of their first two games. If they managed 100% of the seats themselves, they're forgoing a bunch of revenue; since they shifted the liability to the brokers, SU makes its money even regardless of demand. Prospective buyers are shut out.)

I'm not in the biz so I can't say for sure, but my guess is that they were contractually obligated to turn all those 300-level seats over to Ticketmaster for resale? Or maybe technically they had already been turned over (but SU knew they'd be flipping them as we got closer to the day of the game)?

From the university's perspective, the incentive is two-fold and boils down to the usual suspects: (1) image and (2) greed.

(1) Image-wise, they want a "sell-out" and will juke the stats to claim that. That seems to involve selling large numbers of tickets to Ticketmaster or other brokers, claiming that they're "sold" while understanding that they're not actually yet in the hands of potential attendees.

(2) This practice allows SU to hedge against the possibility of getting stuck with unsold inventory should circumstances change after that bullish summer of season ticket sales. (Say, SU is selling tickets at a steady clip but has always faced an uphill battle filling a 50,000 seat stadium, then demand falls off a cliff when they get blown out in one of their first two games. If they managed 100% of the seats themselves, they're forgoing a bunch of revenue; since they shifted the liability to the brokers, SU makes its money even regardless of demand. Prospective buyers are shut out.)

Thats very thoughtful. But why would ticketmaster hold back? Do we know where the newly released seats are located?

Get in price back to 52 bucks... Some kind of algorithm is at work here...

63 sold so far this morning. Have like 8 left under $50 then next lowest is $58. Should be over $60 at some point this afternoon.

I am nearly positive that they were holding a thousand or 2 back for possible seasons right up to the opener and possibly a few days after. At some point though, those were sold off to Ticketmaster or they just list them themselves as re-sale.

63 sold so far this morning. Have like 8 left under $50 then next lowest is $58. Should be over $60 at some point this afternoon.

I mean, I would hope that as we get closer the price start globally falling on that site. Even as the "cheaper" tix sell I would hope the higher priced ones are dropping 10-15% a day till kickoff

Hoping resale ticket prices drop sharply on Friday/Saturday and they sell at least 2000 of the 4000 for sale or the individuals selling their tickets pull their unsold tickets offline and go the game.

Shocked to see large blocks seats in the 300 level sections for resale on Ticketmaster. You would think that if they were individuals selling tickets they would be spread throughout the dome.
It must be a broker deal with Ticketmaster where they bought X amount to sell off. So in the eyes of SU ticket office “yup we sold out!” And Ticketmaster is like “please people buy our tickets that we bought in bulk”

This is very embarrassing that the university is stating a sell out when that’s not the case.

Oh and btw they aren’t selling because they’re over $100! The pricing is outrageous for 300 level tix. They should be $50 and they would be sold. The university better not announce a sell out at the game with 3 thousand bare empty seats. What a joke.

the upperdeck seats have been sitting in resale mode on TM for months, same seats that are there on Stub hub

the upperdeck seats have been sitting in resale mode on TM for months, same seats that are there on Stub hub
I wish they could a promotion Friday like

Pack the dome promotion:

“All remaining tickets for sale for $40 each”

Like do the math. No butts in the seats = $0.

I don’t get what’s so hard? Supply and demand. The demand for tickets over $60 is LOW. There for the supply price needs to go down... am I stupid? Or is it just common sense?

Here’s a few pics of 3 different upper deck sections. Many other sections look the same.

4D7DC071-5C65-4065-9608-59FF86CC28F4.png
EF571813-9CD3-4099-93B4-043902EC1E9A.png
C001A87F-C78E-4DE3-861B-6B7D05028CE1.png

Here’s an overall pic. If I remember right, dark blue is 100+ tix available and light blue is 1-99. Gray is sold out.

7CF8DC1F-34A2-4F3B-AAEC-E0603B6EA00E.png

Yes, I have watched college games that were “sellouts” with some empty patches in the upper decks. I think it’s the new normal.

I noticed that at Liberty and their stadium is tiny.

I wish they could a promotion Friday like

Pack the dome promotion:

“All remaining tickets for sale for $40 each”

Like do the math. No butts in the seats = $0.

I don’t get what’s so hard? Supply and demand. The demand for tickets over $60 is LOW. There for the supply price needs to go down... am I stupid? Or is it just common sense?

have had this discussion for years. I'd rather have a filled dome at $20 a seat and make up the money on the back end with concessions and merchandise rather than unfilled seats making 0$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom