"Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk"

You're almost coming off as coy, like you were in the room a month ago when the President of FSU met with the commissioner of the Big 12. Do you know something? :)

I haven't stated anything of fact. I have only said IMO FSU doesn't leave and that it is clear to me that there have been discussions by teams and other conferences. That I know without listening to whomever that dude from WV is that people keep talking about. There are people at SU that worry some about how this plays out also. Doesn't mean anything happens but it's not going to surprise me if it did or if it does next year. A lot depends on this championship thing as well as $$$. But IF FSU leaves the ACC, it's going to be interesting to see what some people here say.

Don't buy that at all. Some were forced to speak up because of mounting public pressure - caused by internet rumor, twitters, bloggers etc etc.

The moron trustee who spouted off caused a lot of hot speculation. He clearly didn't know anything and was clearly not privy to any conference discussions that may have taken place. If he was in a room he wouldn't have been so wrong and sounded so dumb about things.

I'd bet hands down we could get an Oklahoma to Big 10 rumor started that would go national and force people nationally to speak about it.

You heard it here first. B1G is adding ND in all sports and Oklahoma to get to 14. Unless they don't.

Am I an Insider now?

I haven't stated anything of fact. I have only said IMO FSU doesn't leave and that it is clear to me that there have been discussions by teams and other conferences. That I know without listening to whomever that dude from WV is that people keep talking about. There are people at SU that worry some about how this plays out also. Doesn't mean anything happens but it's not going to surprise me if it did or if it does next year. A lot depends on this championship thing as well as $$$. But IF FSU leaves the ACC, it's going to be interesting to see what some people here say.

I hope you're wrong but certainly understand the feeling.

It does seem though that the Clemson statement is as definitive and unequivocal as I have ever heard.

I don't think I ever heard that kind kind of statement from Mizzou, or Texas A&M or the others.

I am really excited about this ACC move - it can't get her fast enough.

And not because I hate the BE or didn't like playing Cincy or Louisville or UConn or the rest.

I had no problem playing those teams.

But I have felt for nine years that we were screwed out of what should have been ours - a spot in the ACC back in 2003.

And I really do believe that Syracuse Football, with its rich and unique history and tradition, deserves a place at a conference with Florida State, Va Tech, BC, Pitt, Miami, Ga Tech and Clemson.

Is there any truth to the rumor that Bees is actually The Dude from West Virginia?

but I have seen him walking around and thru the underbrush in the fine lot with a coonskin hat on...hope that helps clears it up

but I have seen him walking around and thru the underbrush in the fine lot with a coonskin hat on...hope that helps clears it up

i'd like to know what i have said that matches what that guy said. i suppose he must have said something definitively like fsu was going to the b12. i never said that and people just see what they want to in posts.

i'd like to know what i have said that matches what that guy said. i suppose he must have said something definitively like fsu was going to the b12. i never said that and people just see what they want to in posts.

The "Dude" is probably your "other" ego. Seriously, you haven't. I may disagree with you on some things, but I don't recall you stating FSU is gone. However, you really have been a downer and not your usual self, high on Orange and full of good info that those of us outside the State need to get us through until Kickoff.

Eh, this gets into a weird modern dynamic though. Once rumours start rolling everyone starts commenting, because the mill keeps churning regardless and we live in such a hyper 24/7 news cycle.

Yep, in the old days you didn't even have to address it. Crazy talk, not worth the comment. In today's world, doesn't really work that way.

But of course, as you said, doesn't mean they aren't at least delegating to their AD to talk to a chummy AD at a Big 12 school and saying "so, what really is the deal in your league?"

AD tells someone he got a call. That person tells someone, who tells someone, who tells Swaim, and the translation is lost even worse than the prison grapevine in Johnny Dangerously.

You don't have to be credible to find people who want to believe what you say about conference expansion. A website and a twitter account will do the trick.

Bees -- I hope you understand that I was just kidding you. I don't really think you and the Dude have much in common at all except that neither of you speaks in a way that would bring comfort to Pitt or SU fans who hope to join the same ACC they agreed to join last September. The Dude relishes the opportunity to skewer the ACC/Pitt/SU. I don't see that in you at all.

don't know,but how's the cap holding up

Bees -- I hope you understand that I was just kidding you. I don't really think you and the Dude have much in common at all except that neither of you speaks in a way that would bring comfort to Pitt or SU fans who hope to join the same ACC they agreed to join last September. The Dude relishes the opportunity to skewer the ACC/Pitt/SU. I don't see that in you at all.

No problem. I just keep seeing this name dudeof wvu or whatever and I have never seen anything he said. like everyone, i read things on the net said by certain people and try to weed out the bull from the straight stuff. i read that bohls guy, chip brown, the warchant, and even swaim sometimes. i also get alerts fro acc expansion that includes random articles. i also listen to what some at su say.

but most of all i use my head and i know the landscape is going to continue to change even more. remember when the acc had 9? when the pac10 had 10? when the big10 had 10?

Btw, why did the BOT even discuss this at their meeting and furthermore why did they invite coaches to give their opinions to the BOT?? If there was nothing to anything you don't go to that extent just to debunk internet rumors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Btw, why did the NOT even discuss this at their meeting and furthermore why did they invite coaches to give their opinions to the NOT?? If there was nothing to anything you don't go to that extent just to debunk internet rumors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
im trying to catch up here, but CLEARLY, clemson at least talked to someone at the bevo and then felt it was necessary to then say...'we aint going'.

this is pretty black & white.

the bevo as its currently constructed, isnt on equal footing with the other big 4(3?, nah ACC is a player) confs because they dont have a conf champ game.

so they have to expand.

but where??

they want to be strong, but heres their options, ND...yeah right. or its the big east, confusa, and the mac & wacs.

UNLESS, they decide the ACC is ripe to be picked. hence the rumours.

smart people need to explore all options before making a decision. informal discussions take place.

HOWEVR, until a formal 'we are not going anywhere' is given, nothing will quell annoying chatter about a possible move.

clemson has done so.

next.

im trying to catch up here, but CLEARLY, clemson at least talked to someone at the bevo and then felt it was necessary to then say...'we aint going'.

this is pretty black & white.

the bevo as its currently constructed, isnt on equal footing with the other big 4(3?, nah ACC is a player) confs because they dont have a conf champ game.

so they have to expand.

I wonder about this, do they have to expand for Conf Championship purposes? This would be if they can't get an FSU, and I can't imagine they would ever get ND. They have two of the biggest bargaining chips going for any playoff scenario, Texas and Oklahoma. There will be no playoff scenario that excludes those 2. And maybe Okie State if Pickens $ is ensuring inclusion.

So the Conf Championship game is another barrier to the Final 4. Maybe they avoid it? Especially in that league where underdogs have so often won the conf championship game (Texas over Nebraska, aTm over Kansas State, Colorado over Oklahoma).

The upside of the Conf Championship is always $. But are there enough $ to be made to split 12 ways and keep the same share per team? And if Texas - OU are going to ensure they have the Red River Rivalry game each year, do they just want to setup what would be an annual rematch, or possibly a Bedlam rematch in Okie State's up years?

I still think what will bother them the most is having "12" in their conference name when they only have 10 teams.