"Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk" | Syracusefan.com

"Clemson BOT chairman ends Big 12 talk"

sufan

Scout Team

Clemson Board of Trustees chair David Wilkins told Tigernet:

"We are 1000 percent in the ACC."

"There are no offers, no discussions and we are concentrating on being the best we can be in the ACC".

I'm going to go out on a big limb and predict:
FSU is not joing the Big 12 without a regional partner, and Miami, GT and VT have said no thanks.

FSU is not going to join with UL and WVU, ISU, KSU, KU in a Big 12 division against the TX-OK schools.

Next rumor please.

"There are no offers, no discussions and we are concentrating on being the best we can be in the ACC".

FSU is not joing the Big 12 without a regional partner, and Miami, GT and VT have said no thanks.

FSU is not going to join with UL and WVU, ISU, KSU, KU in a Big 12 division against the TX-OK schools.

Next rumor please.

That guy just confirmed there have been plenty of conversations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1) Please post source of your claim:

Are you referring to the Clemson Board Chair?

"That guy just confirmed there have been plenty of conversations."

2) What exactly does it mean there have been "plenty of conversations?"

Sorry. Your one liners are not really very helpful.

LOL, no he didn't.

BUUUUTTTTTT, I fully expect Clemson posters to say "that's what all BOT chairs say just before moving. See TA&M and Mizzou."

Is there any truth to the rumor that Bees is actually The Dude from West Virginia?

Is there any truth to the rumor that Bees is actually The Dude from West Virginia?

I still don't know who that is and have never read anything he wrote. So whatever.

Your post with his quotes dude.

Nevermind, they were your words not his. So I guess you think there have been numerous conversations.

i love the fact that clemson over rates themselves almost as much as the pundents do.they are at best consistantly mediocore, but a great game day experience

i am amazed that two high ranking sec guys one being slive are upstate ny guys.

i love the fact that clemson over rates themselves almost as much as the pundents do.they are at best consistantly mediocore, but a great game day experience

They seem to have that in common with WVU.

Next rumor please.

Really appreciate the comments of the BOT and the Clemson coaches.

Now, lets make the move and start the ACC competition - I want to see the Clemson Tigers in the Dome and I want a win in Death Valley!!

The Tigers are now a partner - I wish them success except when the play the Orange.

Bees, I'm not sure what you've been trying to get at the past few weeks.

Of course there are "conversations". There are ALWAYS conversations, about everything under the sun. Conversations about conference memberships began over a hundred years ago, and will continue until the end of time.

:noidea:

I remember the days when Bees would post about recruiting and insider stuff. I miss those days.

I remember the days when Bees would post about recruiting and insider stuff. I miss those days.
Without a pay side, that's how it will remain.

Bees, I'm not sure what you've been trying to get at the past few weeks.

Of course there are "conversations". There are ALWAYS conversations, about everything under the sun. Conversations about conference memberships began over a hundred years ago, and will continue until the end of time.

:noidea:

When the heat started up again, many on this board proclaimed there weren't even discussions. That the B12 and FSU weren't even talking and that bloggers were just trying to start things. If you go back to the beginning of these posts, you will find (you can search) posts I made that said IMO, FSU will stay in the ACC. But I also disagreed with people who were saying it wasn't even a consideration. But now that it is obvious there has been discussions between the B12 and other schools, people have changed the bar to whether anyone would actually move.

When the heat started up again, many on this board proclaimed there weren't even discussions. That the B12 and FSU weren't even talking and that bloggers were just trying to start things. If you go back to the beginning of these posts, you will find (you can search) posts I made that said IMO, FSU will stay in the ACC. But I also disagreed with people who were saying it wasn't even a consideration. But now that it is obvious there has been discussions between the B12 and other schools, people have changed the bar to whether anyone would actually move.

OK, got it. I guess I really don't care what random Internet posters *think* is happening, since they have no clue. You've just been beating the same drum for weeks. I, for one, get your point. ;)

That being said, "discussions" is such an ambiguous word. I see it in my line of work all the time. I deal with vendors pitching me stuff almost every day. One of them will talk to me and inevitably say "we've been talking to your competitor, company X, about buying my product". Since my field is pretty small I'll sometimes talk to a friend from Company X to get the scoop, and it's often "oh, they pitched me last week, didn't go anywhere". And then I know at this vendors next call he'll say he's in "discussions" with my company.

So in these conference situations while I know there are occassions when real, substantial conversations are being had, I also suspect a lot of the rumor mill is coming from references to "discussions", not Discsussions.

How was it "obvious" other than the bloggers and posters like the Dude saying that there were conversations. Other than FSU saying they need to consider things internally and that the B12 received feelers from a dozen schools there has been no evidence or even conversation from either of the leagues or schools in those leagues that there have been talks, particularly with FSU and Clemson.

How was it "obvious" other than the bloggers and posters like the Dude saying that there were conversations. Other than FSU saying they need to consider things internally and that the B12 received feelers from a dozen schools there has been no evidence or even conversation from either of the leagues or schools in those leagues that there have been talks, particularly with FSU and Clemson.

The easiest way is to just go back at look at the number of comments made by BOT's, Prez's, AD's etc. All of these people don't speak up if there was ZERO to everything like many claimed.

The easiest way is to just go back at look at the number of comments made by BOT's, Prez's, AD's etc. All of these people don't speak up if there was ZERO to everything like many claimed.

Eh, this gets into a weird modern dynamic though. Once rumours start rolling everyone starts commenting, because the mill keeps churning regardless and we live in such a hyper 24/7 news cycle.

You're almost coming off as coy, like you were in the room a month ago when the President of FSU met with the commissioner of the Big 12. Do you know something? :)

Which is funny because of how many "the silence is deafening" comments there have been on this and other boards.

Face it, the BOT, Prez and AD's are in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' pickle.

Don't buy that at all. Some were forced to speak up because of mounting public pressure - caused by internet rumor, twitters, bloggers etc etc.

The moron trustee who spouted off caused a lot of hot speculation. He clearly didn't know anything and was clearly not privy to any conference discussions that may have taken place. If he was in a room he wouldn't have been so wrong and sounded so dumb about things.

I'd bet hands down we could get an Oklahoma to Big 10 rumor started that would go national and force people nationally to speak about it.

dead horse.jpg

OK, got it. I guess I really don't care what random Internet posters *think* is happening, since they have no clue. You've just been beating the same drum for weeks. I, for one, get your point. ;)

That being said, "discussions" is such an ambiguous word. I see it in my line of work all the time. I deal with vendors pitching me stuff almost every day. One of them will talk to me and inevitably say "we've been talking to your competitor, company X, about buying my product". Since my field is pretty small I'll sometimes talk to a friend from Company X to get the scoop, and it's often "oh, they pitched me last week, didn't go anywhere". And then I know at this vendors next call he'll say he's in "discussions" with my company.

So in these conference situations while I know there are occassions when real, substantial conversations are being had, I also suspect a lot of the rumor mill is coming from references to "discussions", not Discsussions.

Important point.

There is a huge difference betweeen trying to find out the facts, for example what payout the new Big 12 contract may bring if they add teams, gain a playoff and so on and "Discussions" relating to switching conferences.

As I recall, not so long ago, "insiders" were talking nonstop how each team might add 2 million to the payout and the conference game had to be worth 3 million or so and pretty soon you have a payout difference floating around of 8-10 million or so plus of course these incredible 3d tier rights (games against punching bag teams).

What ever happened to all those rumors?

Then you add in the hysterical posts of the "insiders" who claimed it was a "done deal", involving FSU and Clemson with Miami, GT or VT or even ND no doubt in the wings, and on and on.

I have no idea at what level "discussions" occurred but the "insider" posts were droning on that there were not "discussions" relating to fact finding but "Discussions" relating to negotiations.

My question remains:
"who exactly are the real, true, actual "insiders", who apparently usually speak through non-entities with no obvious credible background, how does one separate the true "insider" information from the BS artists and self-important 3d and 4th hand informers, and most importantly what exactly are these "insiders" saying.

Saying there have been "conversations": sorry that really doesn't mean anything.