Clemson... Clemson !!! | Syracusefan.com

Clemson... Clemson !!!

cto

Administrator
Within three days they beat both UNC and Duke, and they now have a record identical to ours (9-7). And it was so weird to keep hearing "Hold That Tiger" for two nights in a row. Who would have thought it? Their football team lost .. and their basketball team beat #3 Duke 24 hours later. And I love that huge orange tiger's paw in the middle of their court. Our orange Block S should be that large.

I wanted to crawl out of my hole of sadness and lift my head into the light for a few seconds to let the OP know that this thread makes the ups and downs of being a dedicated sports fan more tolerable tonight! Thank you for recognizing a rare feat with our basketball team taking down two of the ACC's blue bloods this week. I have been pulling for your hoops program since you were in the Big East and will continue watching in anticipation of the Orange hoisting a trophy in the postseason to reward all Syracuse faithful, so best of luck as we both continue battling through a conference grind...

I thought it was interesting that roy Williams called his loss to Clemson the low point of his career. what a pretentious a-hole

Roy boy mustn’t watch other ACC teams during the season.

I thought it was interesting that roy Williams called his loss to Clemson the low point of his career. what a pretentious a-hole
Is it pretentious if it's true? This is probably the worst team he's ever had. What he may not recognize is that all of college basketball pretty much sucks.

Is it pretentious if it's true? This is probably the worst team he's ever had. What he may not recognize is that all of college basketball pretty much sucks.

At the time it happened our first home loss to Seton Hall in 1998 was the low point of my life. Then I discovered blow, etc...and man, that can give you some perspective.

I mean, they are on their 4th starting point guard. They’ve had a rough go.
sad_face.gif

I think that remark may might have had more to do with them losing 3 straight games at the Dean Dome. I think that was the first time since the 60's.

Within three days they beat both UNC and Duke, and they now have a record identical to ours (9-7). And it was so weird to keep hearing "Hold That Tiger" for two nights in a row. Who would have thought it? Their football team lost .. and their basketball team beat #3 Duke 24 hours later. And I love that huge orange tiger's paw in the middle of their court. Our orange Block S should be that large.

No doubt, that would be cool. However, I'd first settle for the powers that be to get the correct hue/Pantone of Orange on our new court first. :(

I mean, they are on their 4th starting point guard. They’ve had a rough go.

Unfortunately, I seem to remember reading that they won't be on their 4th when they play us. (or has that changed? I havent really followed them this season).

I mean I'm stoked Clemson did what it did, but I'd much rather Cuse get those wins instead, or in addition to Clemson getting them.

It's amazing how bad the ACC is this year.

Shhhhhhh. You can't let Villanova and UConn know that they no longer need to cry and think their title belts are worth less than being in the ACC(even if it's just for a year! They do not deserve a break!!). Do not embolden these schools! We have to just keep chanting A C C like some folks do U S A to shout down anyone with a different opinion. It's easy to do without thinking once it becomes a habit!

I have a bank teller who is a Clemson fan. I plan to console him over the title game, but then to thank his boys profusely for doing something I've only dreamt of the Cuse doing. I've strongly disliked both of those teams long before we joined their conference, even though I realize their wait still trumps my years of wishing we'd scheduled them or met up in preseason tournaments(if only Chilcutt didn't get that amazing bounce! ugh!!).

Living through the Orange is vicarious enough as it is, so hopefully we can match what Clemson did. Go Orange!

While I'm at it, I figured I'd add that Duke and UNC are the only 2 teams in the ACC that Ive felt this way about for so long. I realize it's different for others. UVA? Maybe a kind of nice win, but not nearly the same level of satisfaction. Sure, the guy who did the "Dirty Sanchez" annoyed me with that, but that was one player and one game, which we won.

I'd like the basketball gods to reward JB with a similar feat this season, similar to the lyrics in One Shining Moment about all the hard workd and such. With this team's trajectory, it certainly seems at least possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom