Clemson fans stormed the court | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fans stormed the court

syr6987

Walk On
For their win over Belmont in the NIT! Haha. Sry if posted already

Clemson fans come on the field at football games and at basketball games. Win or Lose.
That's how we roll. The kids love it. You will see it next season when your hoops teams visit LJ and the football
team visits Death Valley. The post game football deal lasts for about 1.5 hours. Families
mill around kids get autographs etc. Its called tradition.

Clemson fans come on the field at football games and at basketball games. Win or Lose.
That's how we roll. The kids love it. You will see it next season when your hoops teams visit LJ and the football
team visits Death Valley. The post game football deal lasts for about 1.5 hours. Families

Yet again, Clemson owns us.

For many people here program worth and status is on the line and will be significantly compromised by a bad court storm. BTW, I don't agree.

Ugh, I wish SU had tradition in basketball and/or football.

I suggest deleting this thread.

This threads bad mmkay

So wait - they storm the court after every game? Win or lose? Cuz there is a difference between going and hanging out on the court or field after the game versus rushing the court like they just won a national championship.

Good football tradition. Not so much for hoops.

They were behind 66-61 late in the game, and rallied to win the game. That may have been a factor.

It sounds like Clemson staff and its fans try to turn the NIT into as positive experience as possible after just reading a game recap. Odd fact I just read - Clemson has now won 12 straight NIT games at home.

They were behind 66-61 late in the game, and rallied to win the game. That may have been a factor.

It sounds like Clemson staff and its fans try to turn the NIT into as positive experience as possible after just reading a game recap. Odd fact I just read - Clemson has now won 12 straight NIT games at home.
This is not the 1950's.
An extensive NIT history is not a good thing.

Our students sit in the end zones. There is no barrier in front of them and they are a mere few feet from the baseline. In a few steps they are on the court. It is more of a trot onto the court. After the teams have shaken hands, all gather at the Tiger Paw
at mid court and sing the alma mater. Good clean fun. Not sure why so many media types (especially the national guys) hate
a little court storm. Perhaps it says something about their desperate pathetic lives of despair..

Our students sit in the end zones. There is no barrier in front of them and they are a mere few feet from the baseline. In a few steps they are on the court. It is more of a trot onto the court. After the teams have shaken hands, all gather at the Tiger Paw
at mid court and sing the alma mater. Good clean fun. Not sure why so many media types (especially the national guys) hate
a little court storm. Perhaps it says something about their desperate pathetic lives of despair..

Well that is not what happened last night

Who cares if people storm the court??? Why is it ever an issue??? Unless your problem is safety, which is the only real valid issue, it's students trying to have fun at the game, which is the point of going to a game, no? I'm sorry a bunch of old guys are offended at young kids having fun because it somehow "tarnishes" their program.

Good for Clemson they had an exciting win to get to the semifinals of the NIT at MSG. That's a nice building block for their program. At least some ACC team is doing something.
I agree, plus they have a pretty young team. Don't believe they have one senior. I was impressed with them when they came to SU and gave us a battle, then beating Duke at home was a nice win for them. More than likely KJ McDaniels is going to go pro after this year. I love that kids game. That one offensive rebound he had last night and followed it up with a dunk was sweet. The Harrison kid ,who is a BYU transfer, had a really nice game too. Hit some big shots towards the end. Plus when they needed a shot their PG made a nice move to the hoop. They got a decent coach and they could are going to get better.

Every time I see a "court storming" I get a wide grin for some reason (kids having good clean fun).. Sue me.

We should be glad they're storming the court at Clemson. Historically, that program has suffered from fan apathy. This sort of unbridled enthusiasm is a step up for Clemson basketball. By Clemson standards, this a damn good basketball team. If they can get McDaniels back next season they will be very dangerous, a potential breakout team like U.Va. has been this season.

eao1115 said:
"Syracuse has just defeated Marathon Oil 104-57 in tonight's exhibition…. and here come the students!"

If we scored 104 points against anyone a court storming would be warranted.

While Clemson doesn't have the basketball history anywhere near the level of Syracuse, we have had some pretty good "moments" I can assure you, Littlejohn can be an extremely difficult road environment. We suffered some heartbreakers this year that kept us out of the NCAA. Our fans were celebrating the effort our team gave this year. We were picked by the media to finish 14. Not sure what's wrong with a little excitement about your team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom