Clemson fans | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

SU2NASA

All American
As I've thought about it over the past week and seeing everything that transpired before, during, and after the game, Clemson's fans are a pretty easy bunch to figure out.

It's pretty easy to go onto someone else's board with supreme confidence. It's even more easy to try and come across as a gracious winner when it basically amounts to a bunch of condescending bullshit.

They're delusional, thinking that they're a national power. Unfortunately for them, they don't have the history to back that up. For all of their chest thumping, they haven't won a conference title in 23 years. They have as many national titles as we do, and they haven't beaten South Carolina since 2008.

They have a great gameday environment, and they use that as the rationale for their belief of being special.

But when the game is closer than they expect, or when they're doing their annual Clemsoning, they show their true colors as the insecure, classless bunch that we got to see on Saturday.

Screw the condescending threads like "positives I saw in your team," screw the classless booing of injured players, which I've never seen before in any college football fanbase (and that includes Ohio State, whose fans are just horrible human beings).

It's pretty easy to come on this board with an olive branch, and be courteous when you have no doubt in your mind that you'll win. That game showed the Clemson fanbase's true colors. Screw 'em.

Last edited:
Please tell us how you feel...don't hold it in. Don't use the passive agressesive approach. It's better to get it out and not let it eat you up inside. It wouldn't be good for something to re-enter the atmosphere over Clemson.

Please tell us how you feel...don't hold it in. Don't use the passive agressesive approach. It's better to get it out and not let it eat you up inside. It wouldn't be good for something to re-enter the atmosphere over Clemson.

I have that problem with holding my feelings in.

Im cool with the "screw the booing" but outside of that, not that bad of a fan base. Maybe delusional... but heck thats not a bad thing. Im certainly delusional.

gotta say, they were really nice and welcoming to me.

Why is everyone so obsessed with their fanbase? Chill out. At least they love their team and are willing to come talk about football without being complete tools about it. Yea, they boo'd our players, that was 2 days ago. Have you seen our basketball fans take over other teams arena's and completely embarass them with "Lets Go Orange" chants all game? I wouldn't say we're very gracious either when it comes to a sport that we are good at.

Not to bring this into a Rutgers thing, but I don't think I have seen anyone compare it to the booing Rutgers fans treated the Navy Midshipmen with. How do you think it compares?

As an alumnus of Clemson and a resident of upstate SC, I apologize for what a LARGE portion of attendees did on Saturday. There was no excuse for the booing, nor an explanation. It's embarrassing to our school and state.
I thank those that came down, and hope your next experience (if there is a next one) isn't marred by such turds.

Why is everyone so obsessed with their fanbase? Chill out. At least they love their team and are willing to come talk about football without being complete tools about it. Yea, they boo'd our players, that was 2 days ago. Have you seen our basketball fans take over other teams arena's and completely embarass them with "Lets Go Orange" chants all game? I wouldn't say we're very gracious either when it comes to a sport that we are good at.

there is a difference between cheering for your team and booing another teams injury though. Im not sure how rooting on your team is not being gracious...

That being said... there is too much worry about their fan base. Take away the insane boo's (which was the most insane thing ive ever been a part of in a crowd - and i was at the braves-cardinals wild card infield pop game) and their fans were pretty good.

You could have just said "I'm really butthurt that Clemson beat us with their backup QB."

No explanation necessary.

(we are playing our 3rd/4th string qb - a true freshman)

You could have just said "I'm really butthurt that Clemson beat us with their backup QB."

Bwahhh hahh ha. This is a laughable statement, especially when (if) you consider how many injuries SU has. You realize we were starting our #3 QB right?

Im cool with the "screw the booing" but outside of that, not that bad of a fan base. Maybe delusional... but heck thats not a bad thing. Im certainly delusional.

gotta say, they were really nice and welcoming to me.

Not a bad fan base? i was flying back from South Carolina and was sitting in the 13th row and a guy wearing a Clemson hat from the 15th row pushed his way past me while we were deplaning. How do you explain that savagery

Not a bad fan base? i was flying back from South Carolina and was sitting in the 13th row and a guy wearing a Clemson hat from the 15th row pushed his way past me while we were deplaning. How do you explain that savagery

Inconceivable. What do they put in the water down there? A big dose of passive-aggressive STUPID!!!?!?!?! Amiright guise?

As I've thought about it over the past week and seeing everything that transpired before, during, and after the game, Clemson's fans are a pretty easy bunch to figure out.

It's pretty easy to go onto someone else's board with supreme confidence. It's even more easy to try and come across as a gracious winner when it basically amounts to a bunch of condescending bullshit.

They're delusional, thinking that they're a national power. Unfortunately for them, they don't have the history to back that up. For all of their chest thumping, they haven't won a conference title in 23 years. They have as many national titles as we do, and they haven't beaten South Carolina since 2008.

They have a great gameday environment, and they use that as the rationale for their belief of being special.

But when the game is closer than they expect, or when they're doing their annual Clemsoning, they show their true colors as the insecure, classless bunch that we got to see on Saturday.

Screw the condescending threads like "positives I saw in your team," screw the classless booing of injured players, which I've never seen before in any college football fanbase (and that includes Ohio State, whose fans are just horrible human beings).

It's pretty easy to come on this board with an olive branch, and be courteous when you have no doubt in your mind that you'll win. That game showed the Clemson fanbase's true colors. Screw 'em.

Scoreboard x2.

Do you really need to have this explained word for word, you freaking simpleton? Your fan base booed injured players, a threshold of classlessness that has not been crossed in Yankees vs Red Sox, Alabama vs Auburn, Celtics vs Lakers or any other rivalry in sports. The booing insinuated that the injuries were fake, which displays an absolutely callous level of disrespect for our team. It is literally the only time I have EVER seen a crowd do something so disgraceful. The image of half the crowd booing as Brisley Estime was being helped off the field by the training staff, limping every step of the way, is just an indelible one in my mind. There was absolutely no excuse for this despicable behavior! What's worse is how many of you classless punks are defending it. I will hate Clemson football for a long time because of the other night. I will root against you guys in every major game you play in, because you have a fan base that does not deserve to enjoy success.

Can you name one other example of when this has happened? If not, then your comment is the dumbest one in the thread.

these are the dumbest threads known to the internet. Great fans, crap fans at every school. Move on.

these are the dumbest threads known to the internet. Great fans, crap fans at every school. Move on.
I disagree , I've never been to a college game where they boo injured players, they broke new ground here. Yes every school has idiot fans but thats different.

Freakin Word Man.

Imagine living in South Carolina for 2 years with this horrible fan base. Hope the Gamecocks #%#% on them AGAIN.

Inconceivable. What do they put in the water down there? A big dose of passive-aggressive STUPID!!!?!?!?! Amiright guise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom