Clemson game time? | Syracusefan.com

Clemson game time?

BayonneOrange

Scout Team
Anyone have any idea what time kickoff will be for the Clemson game?

We are making the trip up, but my wife has a high school reunion Friday night and needs to RSVP and pay for it. If kickoff is noon or 12:30, then the reunion is out. But if it's a later kickoff, she can make her party and we can still make it up Saturday morning for the Fine tailgate and the game.

Thanks for any info...Mark

I'd love some guesses on Tulane too if anyone has any input. I'm guessing a Wagner type time of 3:00 or 4:00?

We are making the trip up, but my wife has a high school reunion Friday night and needs to RSVP and pay for it. If kickoff is noon or 12:30, then the reunion is out. But if it's a later kickoff, she can make her party and we can still make it up Saturday morning for the Fine tailgate and the game.

Gotta wait for TV...Dome says university has no discretion...I asked same question as game time will impact dinner reservations that night for Homecoming...

They likely won't announce until Monday, September 23rd. TV typically makes their picks on that Monday, 12 days before the Saturday games. They could announce earlier if they think there's a good chance of 3-1 SU vs 4-0 and Top 5 Clemson. But wouldn't happen until they see how we do this weekend. They might also wait to make sure Clemson doesn't trip on Sep 19 at NC State.

the better clemson plays the more profile they get the better chance we get a late game. us winning this week would add to the buzz of the first dome ACC game.

the competition for good tv games that day that are not already scheduled

fsu-mary
miami-GT
WV_Baylor
LSU-Miss St
GA-Tenn

I'm still waiting for tickets as to whether it goes against the HS games that day.

Tough not knowing. Going to Syracuse for alumni club Presidents meetings. They can't finalize our meeting until they know game times. I can't sign up for any other events until I know game time. TV you are wrecking havoc with my life!!!! Most of all I want to come to our tail gate. That means we need a 3 pm or later game. Cause our meetings will be on Saturday morning for sure.

the better clemson plays the more profile they get the better chance we get a late game. us winning this week would add to the buzz of the first dome ACC game.

the competition for good tv games that day that are not already scheduled

fsu-mary
miami-GT
WV_Baylor
LSU-Miss St
GA-Tenn

I'm still waiting for tickets as to whether it goes against the HS games that day.

If we don't win this weekend, and Miami can beat Florida (in Miami), both ACC games might look like better matchups. That doesn't favor us for a 3:30 slot. FSU-Maryland could easily be a battle of undefeateds. If Miami gets by Florida, they're likely undefeated. GT has 3 straight ACC games leading up to that, won't be easy for them to win all 3, but the tougher ones (UNC and VT) are at home. Duke on the road.

Hope for Bama to lose @ aTm, Oregon to lose @UVA. The closer Clemson is to #1, the more likely we are to get a good slot.

no way they put Ala vs (0-4 )Ga State on a prime spot

Wasn't my point. My point was if Alabama loses to aTm on 9/14, then Clemson is closer to #1 when they announce the Clemson-SU gametime. And that helps the attractiveness of the game, no matter what we do this weekend. Of course, aTm could then jump Clemson.

Our biggest battles are the other 2 ACC games. Ohio State - Northwestern is already an 8 pm on ABC. Will there be another? Who knows. But probably just one of those ACC games gets 3:30.

I think the Clemson game will be 330 or later unless we lose to wagner. fsu-maryland or Miami-Georgia tech will likely end up in the 330 espn u slot. Since its our acc opener like pitt's I see them giving us national tv on espn,2 or abc

as for Tulane im guessing it will be 1230 unless we are stuck on espn 3 again

as for Tulane im guessing it will be 1230 unless we are stuck on espn 3 again
I trust your tv knowledge Chris, you've always been good but if Tulane isn't a TV game wouldn't gross pick a late afternoon like he did for Wagner ?

I trust your tv knowledge Chris, you've always been good but if Tulane isn't a TV game wouldn't gross pick a late afternoon like he did for Wagner ?

that's why I said if its an espn 3 game it will likely be later in the afternoon, the 1230 time is assuming we either get split acc network coverage or RSN (msg/yes) game slot.

here are the other ACC games that week with top games high on the list:
Clemson@ NC State(espn Thursday night)
Maryland Vs. West Virginia@ Baltimore- national tv
North Carolina@ Georgia Tech-national tv
Pittsburgh@ Duke
Wake Forest@ Army(cbs sports network as its army's tv)
Virginia Tech@ Marshall
Syracuse Vs. Tulane

then ACC vs FCS games:
Virginia Vs. VMI
Miami Vs. Savannah State
Florida State Vs. Bethune Cookman

that's why I said if its an espn 3 game it will likely be later in the afternoon, the 1230 time is assuming we either get split acc network coverage or RSN (msg/yes) game slot.

Pittsburgh@ Duke
Virginia Tech@ Marshall
Syracuse Vs. Tulane

then ACC vs FCS games:
Virginia Vs. VMI
Miami Vs. Savannah State

Ahh got it. You the man.

Pittsburgh@ Duke
Virginia Tech@ Marshall
Syracuse Vs. Tulane

then ACC vs FCS games:
Virginia Vs. VMI
Miami Vs. Savannah State

This screams ACC Network @12:30pm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44