Clemson Recap | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Recap

JohnCuse44

Starter
Well it was a good time but not such a great game but well you can't win them all.

The family left Nashville about 3:00 on Thursday we made it almost all the way there but stopped for the night about an hour out of Clemson in Lavoina, GA.

On Friday we checked out Greenville. First we has lunch at the Brick Street Café, pretty nice little place great spot to grab a lunch everyone was polite and friendly. http://www.brickstreetcafe.com/

Then we headed over to the Children's Museum was a lot of fun for our 2 year and well as my wife would point out I had a good time too :) A tip for visiting Greenville is to park at the Museum and then walk to the rest of the attractions downtown which are only a few blocks. I think because it was a weekday we didn't have to pay for parking at all. http://www.tcmupstate.org/

Next we stopped at a place called The Trappe Door really cool little place with many rare beers which you don't see often. They specialize in Trappist Style beers here are a few we really liked.

After that we headed back to Clemson to check into the hotel and get something for dinner. We stayed at the Hotel Tillman which I think is pretty good for the money $70-100 per night. It was very clean and well the room was maybe a little small not much smaller than you would expect. They did not have a bath but a stand up shower, not a problem for me but that might bother some people. Also right behind the building there are train tracks and the train seems to go by pretty regularly (once every hour or two). So if you are a very light sleeper I would recommend finding another place to stay, not an issue for me however.

Game day we got up and got some free breakfast downstairs. We chose to walk from the hotel to TD's which was about 1.3 miles. Not too far but a pretty good walk for a 2 year old. Walking had the advantages of not needing to find parking and not having to drive home after the game.

TD's was a lot of fun I don't think we were the first people there but we were one of the first few got there a few minutes after noon. http://www.tdsclemson.com/

There were a couple of people who didn't seem thrilled with the venue but it was a typical small town college bar. If you have ever been to Potsdam think McDuff's or Backstreets but bigger. But I think most people were pretty happy with it (was the only place that was going to fit all of us anyway.) I met the owners they were both super friendly and very thankful to have us there.

codyman56%2Ftds1.jpg

Here is a picture of the backroom they has reserved for us. We has our own bartender and plenty of tables to sit and order a bite before the game.

codyman56%2Ftds2.jpg

Most of the Syracuse crew spread out throughout the bar and either found seats or sat at the bar.

The bar would be on the left in this picture sorry I didn't get a picture of it.

codyman56%2Ftds4.jpg

Not so great picture of JohnCuse44 and family.

I would say there was at least a good 100 or more who came to TD's. Thanks everyone who came out!

It was about a 10 minute walk from TD's to Littlejohn Coliseum, its a very nice little town and campus also the weather was 55 and sunny and you can't beat that in January.

The game was disappointing for sure but I was pretty happy with the seats we had. Really in a 9k arena I guess it is bad to have bad seats but they were better than I expected.

codyman56%2Fgame1.jpg

This was all the way zoomed out on my phone which really doesn't do it justice.

There were several very good "Let's Go Orange" chants which a couple guys up behind me in 204 kept starting. We you got the 100+ seated in our group started it was plenty for the rest of the Cuse fans there to pick up on it. I really want to thank those 2 guys who stood and sheered all game and started the chants, you did a great job guys.

codyman56%2Fgame3.jpg

I remember taking this picture and thinking first points not scored by Christmas.

I will leave the game analysis to the others here who do a better job at it than I could but here are my general observations:

Our shooting was awful in the first half. I couldn't tell if it was out offence unable to find an open shooter or just that the Clemson defenders played their harts out probably some of each. Then add to that a bunch of our open shots didn't fall and all of there's seemed to go in. Pretty quickly the game got out of hand and I don't see this as the kind of team that will be explosive enough to come back from 20 down.

With that said hats off to the Clemson team they clearly came in with a good game plan and were able to execute it. I only wish we had a better shooting night and it would have been a heck of a game.

I am starting to feel like a bad luck charm as the games I have been to recently all seem to end in a loss but I guess its just a run of bad luck.

Well we did have a very satisfying dinner a Tokyo Restaurant in Clemson. Hopefully we get them next time.

Thanks to everyone who came to the game and extra thanks to anyone who bought tickets from me!

Pictures from The Trappe Door really cool little place with many rare beers which you don't see often. They specialize in Trappist Style beers here are a few we really liked.

codyman56%2Funnamed.jpg

codyman56%2Fbeer.jpg

Good time at TD's pre-game...not-so-good time at the actual game. Glad I found this board, met John, his family and many other SU fans at TD's, and hope to see this group again soon. Thanks for setting it up John!

Thanks for sharing! You have good tastes, sir. Sushi and Belgians. Nice!

John, everything you could control exceeded expectations. Thank you! Great trip with my daughter and was proud of the overall su turnout. I thought it was funny when Dabo had the mic at halftime and congratulates the crowd on the sellout. That was US!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom