Clemson tailgate team effort | Syracusefan.com

Clemson tailgate team effort

Cusejuicy

Scout Team
When TexanMark said he needed someone to take the lead on the Clemson tailgate, JohnCuse44 answered the call. And did he ever. He arranged to get the tickets from Clemson and found a location with prepaid parking spots for everyone. He got us a keg and paid for the tap himself. On GameDay he spend most of his time working out seating for folks who needed extra tickets or who wanted to be able to sit with friends he got tickets for at the last minute working out of the back of his vehicle on his laptop. If you need anything, John was the man!
Now John would be the first to say he wasn't the lone ranger, so here is a list of as many as I can remember who helped make this one of the away game tailgates to remember.
Mr & Mrs JJREDDAWG
Mr & Mrs Crusty
JackBauer 44
Moontan
TexanMark
SUTOMCAT
Guinness
VelSu
Marroniac
Florange44
Mrs Cusejuicy
Michael Sgobbo
Keith Rodgers
Pete Swisher
Mr & Mrs Cabby 1
S. Griffin
Pauline (Syracuse Alum Rep)
VA Saline
The ODonnell's
Pete Swisher
Keith Rodgers
Apologies to anyone I missed. Too many beers, not enough brain cells.

Great tailgate! Props to JohnCuse for getting everything set up and for being an AWESOME ambassador for SyracuseFan.com.

A couple of highlights Id like you mention:

PROPS to MrsJJRedDawg and her friend for pounding gin while playing the game Thunderstruck.

PROPS to MrsJJRedDawg and her friend for providing the most hillarious commentary and competitiveness in beer pong I've ever seen.

PROPS to Myself and CuseHoops for going 16-0 on the beer pong table.

PROPS to The Clemson fan that bought us 50 dollars worth of fireball when we stopped at the bar on the way to the game. Great hospitality.

THUMBS DOWN to the Clemson fans who came to the tailgate and attempted to play beer pong against us. I think they were beat so bad, they were asking for CUSE shirts after we beat them the 2nd time.

Overall, great tailgate. Was glad to meet so many people. Can't give enough props to everyone who played a great part. Huge shout out to the Red Dawgs and Crustys for their effort, enthusiasm, and ability I make it feel like the Carrier Dome South!

See everyone at the bowl game!

That Swisher sounds like a hell of a guy. He helped out twice! He was probably class president, QB on the football team, and a smooth talker with the ladies as well.

Awesome tailgate experience for my son and I. I could not make it to either the FSU tailgate at all, or the GT tailgate in time, so, this was by far the most fun I've had at an SU tailgate since the seminal ones we had out of the back of Joyce's car by Hendrick's chapel during the Greggers years.

Super awesome tailgate. Johncuse and the Crusties, I mean wow, awesome job. Great location for a tailgate, and superb last minute planning on all the food, etc. I brought a megacrapton of sweets that I am now eating at home. So, I thank you for giving me this vehicle to eat garbage. The food was great. I put ketchup on my weiner. I forgot you just don't do that. So strange to see Tomcat without a ginger ale, literally all day long. Felt bad for the guy.

We even had access to a bathroom that was in someone's house. Convenient, but weird.

Clemson girls are hot, so it must be a huge distraction for our players, so kudos to them for staying somewhat focused on the game. They all look like Julia Roberts. Not bad.

As a HS sophomore, I got the privilege to play in the Dome in the playoffs. I'll never forget that feeling of walking out of the locker room onto the dome carpet, and looking up into the far corners (where I usually sit). Never thought then, that that would be the last time I would have that experience. One of the many highlights of the day was getting to go onto Clemson's field after the game. It was an awesome experience. Thousands of starry eyed fans re-enacting their heroes big moments, on the field, after the game. Can't imagine a better promotional tool.

Clemson is truly an unbelievable college football environment. I mean their ushers encouraged fans to stand. Piped in music was from 2014, not 1987. Nobody on the loudspeaker hawking taco Tuesday over the band. The IPTAY tailgate scene was epic. The only comparison I can make as to the sheer scale of it is UCFs tailgate scene on Memory Mall. The frats and sororities made these huge floats. One depicted Otto being fried on the barbie. My kid tried to save him.

Overall great experience. This program 'gets it'. Cuse should adopt what it can from schools like Clemson.

It was a long drive from Orlando, but for some reason quite easy. Not as grueling as the drive to Atlanta. XM radio for me, DVDs for the kid, nice weather and little traffic made it a smooth ride. On the way back, I drove through the night, taking a 2 hour catnap along the way, and made it home by 10 a.m. Nice to get home early, but my lower back is seriously killing me.

So great to 'renew old ties', meet some board regulars and meet some new folks. After many years of admiring Guinness's posts, nice to meet him and his son as well. As all these internet encounters go for me, the face and personality never matches the handle. I encourage anyone thinking of making that jump from virtual to reality to just do it. These things are fun. It's awkward the first 5 times, but sometime around the 6th time, depending on proximity to a Blood Moon, and your willingness to streak naked 'one last time', you will be accepted as one of the crowd, and perhaps even knighted. It's a fun ceremony. Met a guy named Ted McCabe at the tailgate. He said he played (something) with Jim Brown. Another poster confirmed that he was at the ED cotton bowl. You meet these kinds of people when you go to these kinds of things. And you also meet guys who are really exceptional at beer pong and making knowing wink-wink type jokes about 2/3 zones and bubble screens. It is a great time.

That Swisher sounds like a hell of a guy. He helped out twice! He was probably class president, QB on the football team, and a smooth talker with the ladies as well.

Awesome tailgate experience for my son and I. I could not make it to either the FSU tailgate at all, or the GT tailgate in time, so, this was by far the most fun I've had at an SU tailgate since the seminal ones we had out of the back of Joyce's car by Hendrick's chapel during the Greggers years.

Super awesome tailgate. Johncuse and the Crusties, I mean wow, awesome job. Great location for a tailgate, and superb last minute planning on all the food, etc. I brought a megacrapton of sweets that I am now eating at home. So, I thank you for giving me this vehicle to eat garbage. The food was great. I put ketchup on my weiner. I forgot you just don't do that. So strange to see Tomcat without a ginger ale, literally all day long. Felt bad for the guy.

We even had access to a bathroom that was in someone's house. Convenient, but weird.

Clemson girls are hot, so it must be a huge distraction for our players, so kudos to them for staying somewhat focused on the game. They all look like Julia Roberts. Not bad.

As a HS sophomore, I got the privilege to play in the Dome in the playoffs. I'll never forget that feeling of walking out of the locker room onto the dome carpet, and looking up into the far corners (where I usually sit). Never thought then, that that would be the last time I would have that experience. One of the many highlights of the day was getting to go onto Clemson's field after the game. It was an awesome experience. Thousands of starry eyed fans re-enacting their heroes big moments, on the field, after the game. Can't imagine a better promotional tool.

Clemson is truly an unbelievable college football environment. I mean their ushers encouraged fans to stand. Piped in music was from 2014, not 1987. Nobody on the loudspeaker hawking taco Tuesday over the band. The IPTAY tailgate scene was epic. The only comparison I can make as to the sheer scale of it is UCFs tailgate scene on Memory Mall. The frats and sororities made these huge floats. One depicted Otto being fried on the barbie. My kid tried to save him.

Overall great experience. This program 'gets it'. Cuse should adopt what it can from schools like Clemson.

It was a long drive from Orlando, but for some reason quite easy. Not as grueling as the drive to Atlanta. XM radio for me, DVDs for the kid, nice weather and little traffic made it a smooth ride. On the way back, I drove through the night, taking a 2 hour catnap along the way, and made it home by 10 a.m. Nice to get home early, but my lower back is seriously killing me.

So great to 'renew old ties', meet some board regulars and meet some new folks. After many years of admiring Guinness's posts, nice to meet him and his son as well. As all these internet encounters go for me, the face and personality never matches the handle. I encourage anyone thinking of making that jump from virtual to reality to just do it. These things are fun. It's awkward the first 5 times, but sometime around the 6th time, depending on proximity to a Blood Moon, and your willingness to streak naked 'one last time', you will be accepted as one of the crowd, and perhaps even knighted. It's a fun ceremony. Met a guy named Ted McCabe at the tailgate. He said he played (something) with Jim Brown. Another poster confirmed that he was at the ED cotton bowl. You meet these kinds of people when you go to these kinds of things. And you also meet guys who are really exceptional at beer pong and making knowing wink-wink type jokes about 2/3 zones and bubble screens. It is a great time.

I spent about 30 minutes talking with Ted McCabe, who is a fascinating guy. I told him about the message board and our tailgates and encouraged him to join. I told him that we would love to hear some/all of his stories. He told me that he would join. If he does, I know everyone will welcome him.

Big shout out to everyone that chipped in, especially Mrs. Cusejuicy for taking over the grilling duties. JohnCuse44 secured an excellent lot, which provided an intimate setting with non port-a-potty facilities. It was a brief 1 mile scenic walk to the stadium, with masses of people everywhere you looked. I definitely don't have a fear of heights, but the steepness of the Top Deck threw me for a loop for a few minutes. Both daughters fell asleep early into the 2nd Half. After the Cole Murphy missed FG, I decided it would be best to head back to the lot and try beating the mass exodus from the stadium. The brief walk to the stadium was long forgotten when we were carrying the girls back. Once we got back to the lot, the youngest had a meltdown. We had planned on staying in the lot for an hour or two after the game, but at that point, I knew it was time to get on the road. Based on where the lot was, the traffic wasn't all that bad and we ended up getting home around 12:30 AM.

The biggest thing I discovered is that I am total tailgate lightweight. About 3 hours in I had to go sit in the shade and take a short nap. Props to all you guys who partied all day then into the game as well.

I clearly have to work on my tailgating stamina.

Couple more thoughts from the event. First, I must echo the kudos to the organizers. The constant stream of food was legendary.

There is a gas station on the outskirts of town called "El Cheapo." You can see it if you're coming in on the main approach from I-85N.

The bats put on a good show after dark, and had cleaned out most of the swarm of bugs around the light cluster above us by game's end.

I went over to one of the Clemson tailgates in the same lot as ours for a bit, and was shocked to find two Rutgers fans in the group. They were visiting a friend who had broken through the wall around NJ to attend Clemson.

Was corralled by a Clemson tailgate group on the way to the stadium. Shafer's tender words in the Dome last year seem to be burned into the Clemson collective consciousness.

Overheard on the way back after the game, from a pair of younger Clemson fans walking behind me:
Girl: "But you're drunk all the time!"
Guy: "I can sober up real quick whenever I want to!"

Admittedly we were very high up and on the end of the stadium, but it is not nearly as loud as the Dome can be. Don't get me wrong, it's loud, and we were certainly not going to inspire the loudest cheers from our opponents' fans, but there is a qualitative difference to the sound in the Dome. It seems to surround you and attack you from all sides.

I may be out of touch with the state of the art in tailgating, but it was crazy to see so many satellite dishes and TV's set up on sheets of plywood.

It was weird not to be able to move between upper and lower decks inside the stadium. They're not connected - you have to leave and re-enter through separate gates to move from one to the other.

Great place to see a game. I hope we can do this every other year.

Here is a photo from the approach ramp into the stadium, overlooking the plum IPTAY lot:

IPTAY.JPG

This is one lot - this kind of thing was repeated in lot after lot.

Big shout out to everyone that chipped in, especially Mrs. Cusejuicy for taking over the grilling duties. JohnCuse44 secured an excellent lot, which provided an intimate setting with non port-a-potty facilities. It was a brief 1 mile scenic walk to the stadium, with masses of people everywhere you looked. I definitely don't have a fear of heights, but the steepness of the Top Deck threw me for a loop for a few minutes. Both daughters fell asleep early into the 2nd Half. After the Cole Murphy missed FG, I decided it would be best to head back to the lot and try beating the mass exodus from the stadium. The brief walk to the stadium was long forgotten when we were carrying the girls back. Once we got back to the lot, the youngest had a meltdown. We had planned on staying in the lot for an hour or two after the game, but at that point, I knew it was time to get on the road. Based on where the lot was, the traffic wasn't all that bad and we ended up getting home around 12:30 AM.

Hey, thanks for the after-midnight TV time in our empty parking lot.

Whoops my bad. I confused you with two dudes whom, also had two kids, whom also fell asleep during the game, and with whom I watched ESPN on their mobile dish setup. My bad.
Ha ha. A mobile dish setup may have to be my next purchase though...

I just wanted to put in a special thanks to John for putting this tail-gate together. John was manning his laptop late into the tailgate finding me an extra ticket close to my group. I truly appreciate the effort. Also, wanted to thank JJReddawg and Mrs. JJReddawg for getting the tailgate started. Also thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Crusty for everything. The name tags were awesome. It was a great job by all involved.

I just wanted to put in a special thanks to John for putting this tail-gate together. John was manning his laptop late into the tailgate finding me an extra ticket close to my group. I truly appreciate the effort. Also, wanted to thank JJReddawg and Mrs. JJReddawg for getting the tailgate started. Also thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Crusty for everything. The name tags were awesome. It was a great job by all involved.
Word! Great job everyone!