Clemson TV: Noon / ABC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson TV: Noon / ABC

Most years this would be a 330 or 7 lock, however, with Clemson 2-2 and ESPN putting more emphasis on early games to counter Fox, I fear this will be another nooner.
Never really thought about it, but the school that’s hosting the game has no pull? Does Wildhack have any pull at ESPN anymore?

All I ask is give us our biggest home game of the season at either 3:30 or 7:00, every year. I could deal with nooners the rest of the season, as long as they let our one event game be an event.

Never really thought about it, but the school that’s hosting the game has no pull? Does Wildhack have any pull at ESPN anymore?

All I ask is give us our biggest home game of the season at either 3:30 or 7:00, every year. I could deal with nooners the rest of the season, as long as they let our one event game be an event.
Thought our event game was Pitt?

(ducks)

I’m not an expert but I’m pretty sure lobbying ESPN for gameday isn’t # 1 on the AD job description.
The number one reason people on here told me he was a good hire was his ESPN connections. Enjoy watching our football team play a rivalry game on a baseball field, though!

Yea but we have seen it before , despite Newhouse and our throngs of people working at ESPN , it has never seemed to get us an advantage in programming . I don’t believe you judge your AD on that.
Maybe, maybe not but when you hire a TV exec instead of someone with college athletics admin history to run a major athletic department and supporters are selling skeptics on his connections I'm going to take it into account.

I understand why others feel differently but that's my thought process.

ACCN night game is what I want. UNC and FSU games get the more high profile national ESPN/ABC slots. Even if we don't beat Clemson we'll be the conferences best game the following week.

Have my annual tailgate for this game . I love 3:30 for this .

From what I was told, schools can make a request but essentially have zero pull

I can tell you that if Syracuse had a choice they would pick 3:30 and not a nighttime game. It is Orange Central weekend, and nighttime games are always a problem for those who are travelling and also for the staff who is exhausted by that point and would like to be home by evening after putting in several days of long hours. Also requires more planning for night game. They also would be ok with noon but 3:30 is ideal for Homecoming. But they don't get to choose.
Also Gameday would be a challenge as good hotels are booked, and multiple tents will already be in the way of them setting up their sets. But it could probably be worked out with campus locations. Not sure about hotels, but maybe some nice AirBnBs.

Going to call my shot here… I think we still have a chance at college gameday (deja vu x3 I know). But looking at the lines for this week, I think there’s a very good chance Clemson upsets Florida state which will catapult them back into the rankings. Plus since Clemson has already played UNC and they play FSU this week (which many thought would be gameday preseason), why not us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom