Clemson-UVA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson-UVA

Feel badly for McDaniels - they didn't even get him a touch and he was the guy forced to give a foul - pathetic.

I love when coaches call a TO and then draw up a play like that

UVA has a tendency to pull away late against these medioce teams. Lets see what happens.
You called that when it didn't look promising. They righted the ship. They have to be feeling pretty good about themselves.

Do some of these kids have ANY concept of score, time & situation? Unreal! How about Carson last night for ASU. Dribble out the clock you numbskull! I really wanted Zona to lose but I almost wished they would've T'd him up for his cluelessness...sheesh...

UVA has a tendency to pull away late against these medioce teams. Lets see what happens.
They don't beat themselves. And they seem very focused under pressure - they know what they want to do. Bennett is very cool late game and it reflects to the team. It would be in our best interests to not have it be a one-possession game under four minutes with them.

Harris will be a tough matchup for our guards - he's a very nice player and everyone knows their role.

They don't beat themselves. And they seem very focused under pressure - they know what they want to do. Bennett is very cool late game and it reflects to the team. It would be in our best interests to not have it be a one-possession game under four minutes with them.

Harris will be a tough matchup for our guards - he's a very nice player and everyone knows their role.
This team hasn't exactly wilted under pressure in tight games late.

Virginia's inside passing is very impressive- and very useful against the zone.

I can't believe the two primary teams in that state are nicknamed the Wahoos and the Hokies.
That's because we weren't crafty enough to come up with something as brilliant as an orange! Hey... What's in a nickname anyway...

Anyway... March 1st looks like the real deal right now... That's if you can get by the Dookies at Cameron

That's because we weren't crafty enough to come up with something as brilliant as an orange! Hey... What's in a nickname anyway...

Anyway... March 1st looks like the real deal right now... That's if you can get by the Dookies at Cameron

It will be the real deal no matter what happens at cameron.

To be fair, both oranges and wahoos are damn tasty. Bet they'd go well in a ceviche. Now I made myself hungry

I love when coaches call a TO and then draw up a play like that

Possibly the worst possession in the history of basketball. You are down 3 with 12 seconds to go. A guy who is not your best shooter takes an off-balance 25 footer with 11 seconds to go and the guy who is your best shooter fouls out trying to get the ball back.

somewhere Tony Scott is smiling...:p

Possibly the worst possession in the history of basketball. You are down 3 with 12 seconds to go. A guy who is not your best shooter takes an off-balance 25 footer with 11 seconds to go and the guy who is your best shooter fouls out trying to get the ball back.

somewhere Tony Scott is smiling...:p

It was a weird ending. The CU guy had plenty of time to dribble closer to the 3-pt. line and for McDaniels to work to get open. I think is was a combination of panic at being guarded closer than he thought he would be on the far side of the court and not being fully on board with how much time was left on the clock when the ball was in-bounded.

Actually, the Duke game does not make/break the season. The more importat game for SU is shaping up to be against Maryland. Assuming UVA does not lose before then, you are correct..the March 1 game would be the "real deal".

See you in Charlottesville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom