Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Clemson

orangencpolice

Starter
I get that Etienne and Sunshine are great and all, but I don’t believe the team is as good as 2018 or 2017 for that matter. I certainly don’t think they are 24 points better than Syracuse. We lost Dungey, Slayton, Custis and a handful of other contributors, but we kept so many pieces of the puzzle from the successful season we had last year. I have been beating myself up trying to come up with a logical reason why we got man handled by UMD, but still unsuccessful. I think we have a chance to do the impossible Saturday night at 7:30. Maybe I’m delusional, but I don’t think Clemson is really as good as they think they are.

If we do get blown out, I will not come back on the board for a while due to severe depression.

Go Cuse!

Last edited:
I get that Etienne and Sunshine are great and all, but I don’t believe the team is as good as 2018 or 2017 for that matter. I certainly don’t think they are 24 points better than Syracuse. We lost Dungey, Slayton, Custis and a handful of other contributors, but we kept so many pieces of the puzzle from the successful season we had last year. I have been beating myself up trying to come up with a logical reason why we got man handled by UMD, but still unsuccessful. I think we have a chance to do the impossible Saturday night at 7:30. Maybe I’m delusional, but I don’t think Clemson is really as good as they think they are.

If we do get blown out, I will not come back on the board for a while due to severe depression.

Go Cuse!

I'd go with "they are better than they were both years and we'd be lucky to cover" and then come back to the board on Monday hopeful we'll get it righted over the next two games so we can go to a good bowl

EDIT: this is NOT what I hope will happen, but where my expectations are set

they may be better, but the first 2 games didnt show it.. lets hope game 3 doesnt show it either..

it did show we are not as good though so the net effect may still be bad.

if we only score 10 we can say we're as good as the Aggies offensively.

I think they are better than 2017 for sure, not sure if they are better than 2018 just because that Dline was so insanely great, not that the guys they have now are stiffs, but the last group was beyond the beyond

This Saturday, the Orange will trot out redshirt sophomore Tommy DeVito, a former four-star recruit who described his team’s offense as “exhilarating” at Atlantic Coast Conference Media Day in July. The stamina of the offensive line is left to performance coach Sean Edinger, who runs an aggressive weightlifting regimen he first developed while working with the University of Missouri’s up-tempo football team.

When the two coaches first arrived in Syracuse in the spring of 2016, the level of cardiovascular fitness required to make it through practice shocked most of the roster. According to Babers, so many players vomited from exhaustion during the first few training sessions that the trash cans lining the field were nearly filled.

Garoppolo said Babers’s arrival at Eastern Illinois was greeted with a similar amount of bodily fluid. During the second day of spring practice in 2012, the quarterback remembered having to snap the ball moments after his center threw up on it.

“I’m pretty sure the pass was incomplete,” said Garoppolo. “That was my first eye-opening moment to the offense.”

By year four of the Babers era, Syracuse’s roster is fitter and stronger than ever. According to coach, the only players with their heads in the trash cans are freshmen, who “don’t count.”

Let’s cut to the chase ... every year is roster change you can’t compare teams or players with even 1 different piece . We are middle of the pack at best recruiting wise yet we want to be too 25 and beyond. We knocked off Clemson , played them tough but both times without there Qb . We couldn’t block liberty and MD so I’m not optimistic. Last 2 years our D rose up will pride and an elector Dome to start the game be enough? That’s my hope and I’m clinging to that ! Get in your seats early and make some noise !

SU has to do their jobs, tackle, block and hang onto the ball and punch Clemson in the mouth. When Clemson scores on a long TD bounce back and punch them again. If SU heads drop down the game is over because the Tiger will smell blood. The players, coaches and crowd all have to do their jobs to win this one.

Go Cuse!

Clemson has at least four guys that would have been first day starters last week in the NFL on offense and at least two on defense.

They are significantly more talented than any team other than Alabama in the sport

Clemson has at least four guys that would have been first day starters last week in the NFL on offense and at least two on defense.

They are significantly more talented than any team other than Alabama in the sport

But, but I read here many times how recruiting rankings don't mean diddly, and that we have so many guys whose talent have been simply overlooked...now with chips on their shoulders. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom