Cleveland St Doing It Again | Syracusefan.com

Cleveland St Doing It Again

Hmm, weren't Vandy shaky in their first game too?

Vandy beat Oregon 78-64 but I think were behind early and had to hold off a 2nd half rally.

I hate watching games where Vanderbilt is home. That court is just bizarre with all that empty space.

Vandy is often solid but #7? I questioned that when the polls came out

And Cleveland St. wins by 13.
Oh, and Vandy's court is the worst.

...team benches at end under baskets rather than on side...sort of like the blue field at Boise St...shout out we are good...oh wait...both lost this weekend

Vandy is missing one of their better players, not sure if it would've mattered, but worth mentioning.

Vandy's awesome at grabbing #4 and #5 seeds and losing in the first round every year.

Speaking of their court - am I the only one that finds their home games unwatchable on TV because that star marking on the out-of-bounds corners completely washes out the net? It makes it really hard to tell when the ball is going through the net. To me anyway.

Speaking of their court - am I the only one that finds their home games unwatchable on TV because that star marking on the out-of-bounds corners completely washes out the net? It makes it really hard to tell when the ball is going through the net. To me anyway.

I'm more turned off by all the space between the sidelines and the stands.

vanderbuiltbballcourt2_t_w600_h1200.jpg

This^

But, it's so the players don't "fall down, go boom" into the stands.
I went to a game there a few years ago. It's definitely a lot different than any other game I have ever been to. Very difficult for the visiting team to get used to. Very nice campus.

There must be some really awful seats in Vandy's arena. So far from the court.

There must be some really awful seats in Vandy's arena. So far from the court.
The ones on the sides are pretty good since the court is raised and there are not players or benches or tables in the way. Behind the home end line are balconies which you can see in the photo above which seem to be pretty good. I didn't go to that end of the arena but those were all taken. We sat behind the away end line and that was not a good seat, since the players, etc were in the way and although we were a lot closer than at a normal area there was just a lot of commotion going on. Just not enough height to see the flow of the game.

vanderbuiltbballcourt1_t_w180_h400.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom