Class of 2016 - Clock ticking down to Wednesday LSD | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Clock ticking down to Wednesday LSD

Flacusian

All Conference
This Wednesday is the deadline for the Late Signing Date (LSD)

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/

There was quite a bit of buzz about a month or so ago when we had a contingent of potential Syracuse commits visit us over that weekend. Many here felt as though we would come away with at least one in the fold by the close of the visit but it never did materialize. Although we did get Gillon, he is really an outlier since he is a 5th year transfer and not your typical high schooler who is looking to select the school where he will " be taking his services" as it's said in the vernacular.

It would now appear that we are awaiting word for 2 players in particular: Tauren Thompson (who's recruitment has now taken on a cloak and dagger vibe resulting from whispers about his ability to qualify) and ..

Omer Yert7 , who has had rumors swirling around him, centering around an accusation of perhaps having been victimized by a European club who placed $ in an account with his name on it as an effort to derail any notion he had of playing a year in the States at the NCAA level. Certainly he represents what would be an enormous recruiting jackpot as some have stated that, should he show up on an NCAA team roster he might be one of the most talented bigs to ever set foot on a hardwood court in history.

Other than that, all who frequent this hallowed board have heard the talk about the "mystery recruit",Mr. 10% ...and a host of other monikers he's been referred to as. He represents longshot fodder for dreamin' big but nothing substantive in terms of a reasonable expectation for someone who might wear Orange next year.
It's hard to get excited for someone who's name can't be openly mentioned and has been characterized as a longshot by trusted posters here.

And finally, some people made the suggestion that Hami D. might reclassify to 2016 and be able to fill a pair of shoes that need filling next year on the Hill. That by most estimates is fanciful at best and delusional at worst.

So... anyone care to make a final prediction as to who might be the last minute commits that will help us out when we hit the court next fall? We have a little over 72 hours before the deadline for the LSD party.
I'm wondering if there is a kid with dead-eye accuracy from the 3 with a fierce handle and a Pearl like crossover that might be named Timothy Leary, A. Huxley or something like that.

Or... are we going to move forward with what we've got and no expectations of any additional commits? "
It's starting to look that way... but my intuition tells me that JB and the staff have at least one more kid to roll out that's going to wear Orange next season.

Flacusian said:
This Wednesday is the deadline for the Late Signing Date (LSD) http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/ There was quite a bit of buzz about a month or so ago when we had a contingent of potential Syracuse commits visit us over that weekend. Many here felt as though we would come away with at least one in the fold by the close of the visit but it never did materialize. Although we did get Gillon, he is really an outlier since he is a 5th year transfer and not your typical high schooler who is looking to select the school where he will " be taking his services" as it's said in the vernacular. It would now appear that we are awaiting word for 2 players in particular: Tauren Thompson (who's recruitment has now taken on a cloak and dagger vibe resulting from whispers about his ability to qualify) and .. Omer Yert7 , who has had rumors swirling around him, centering around an accusation of perhaps having been victimized by a European club who placed $ in an account with his name on it as an effort to derail any notion he had of playing a year in the States at the NCAA level. Certainly he represents what would be an enormous recruiting jackpot as some have stated that, should he show up on an NCAA team roster he might be one of the most talented bigs to ever set foot on a hardwood court in history. Other than that, all who frequent this hallowed board have heard the talk about the "mystery recruit",Mr. 10% ...and a host of other monikers he's been referred to as. He represents longshot fodder for dreamin' big but nothing substantive in terms of a reasonable expectation for someone who might wear Orange next year. It's hard to get excited for someone who's name can't be openly mentioned and has been characterized as a longshot by trusted posters here. And finally, some people made the suggestion that Hami D. might reclassify to 2016 and be able to fill a pair of shoes that need filling next year on the Hill. That by most estimates is fanciful at best and delusional at worst. So... anyone care to make a final prediction as to who might be the last minute commits that will help us out when we hit the court next fall? We have a little over 72 hours before the deadline for the LSD party. I'm wondering if there is a kid with dead-eye accuracy from the 3 with a fierce handle and a Pearl like crossover that might be named Timothy Leary, A. Huxley or something like that. Or... are we going to move forward with what we've got and no expectations of any additional commits? " It's starting to look that way... but my intuition tells me that JB and the staff have at least one more kid to roll out that's going to wear Orange next season.

You can add kids after signing day.

It would be great if we could get whomever we are going to add to sign a letter of intent, but not necessary. In the case of Yurtseven, the sooner he gets his information to the NCAA to figure out his eligibility, the better. Anyone else, it is just better for us, because it locks them in to Syracuse and keeps us from going crazy.

Is there any doubt that Thompson is going to take his decision down to the last possible minute?

OK, fine, let's start guessing on the mystery man. The crazier and more far out the better! I'll go first. Well we need a guard, so Dylan Ennis is getting the medical redshirt and wants to transfer to cuse. All fences after mended, Tyler's and Dylan's dad admits that Tyler just wasn't ready yet. Canadian pipeline formally established. Canada Goose becomes our official secondary apparel sponser.

Hans Janulis is the mystery man. Marius' son. Some "issues" with his foreign transcripts which could spook yurt7. Sorry if this was supposed to wait but the elitist payside spiel is just annoying.

Hans Janulis is the mystery man. Marius' son. Some "issues" with his foreign transcripts which could spook yurt7. Sorry if this was supposed to wait but the elitist payside spiel is just annoying.
Hey watch it, people are just following the rules. The first rule of payside, is you talk about the payside. Always talk about the payside. Never stop talking about the payside, got it?

OK, fine, let's start guessing on the mystery man. The crazier and more far out the better! I'll go first. Well we need a guard, so Dylan Ennis is getting the medical redshirt and wants to transfer to cuse. All fences after mended, Tyler's and Dylan's dad admits that Tyler just wasn't ready yet. Canadian pipeline formally established. Canada Goose becomes our official secondary apparel sponser.

We will find out soon enough.

I would love to get Yurtseven and hope that he gets cleared to play. As for the mystery guy, I would love to get another guy who can stroke the 3 at a 40% rate and grab us 7+ boards a game. For me though, I think I still want Green and Diallo for 17 more than any other recruits. the 2017 class looks strong on paper.

86522_movies-alan-rickman-die-hard-john-mctiernan-americans-are-all-alike_200s.gif

Hey watch it, people are just following the rules. The first rule of payside, is you talk about the payside. Always talk about the payside. Never stop talking about the payside, got it?

He doesn't know the payside rules because he is not a member as he has not been invited to be a member...

You must earn the right to be invited to the payside and comments like that will reflect negatively on your chances to get an invite...

Oh, yeah, in that case...what payside?

Oh we can talk about the payside...It is an elite membership...of which you must be hand selected to be offered the opportunity to apply. The reason payside members can talk about it is to remind non-members of the payside that they are not members of the payside.

Oh we can talk about the payside...It is an elite membership...of which you must be hand selected to be offered the opportunity to apply. The reason payside members can talk about it is to remind non-members of the payside that they are not members of the payside.
oh, son of a...that's right. Fightclub, they said I can't talk about Fightclub, forgive me, I get the rules mixed up sometimes, especially after a night at Fightclub...which doesn't exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom