CNN Live at PSU 'RIOT' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CNN Live at PSU 'RIOT'

Flares and tear gas have been deployed.

Modern Warfare 3: State College, PA

Hmmm, decisions decisions. Which weapon to use. I'll go with the Riot Shield, flash bangs, and a shotgun. That should do the trick

Maybe the saw my post mocking them for not having a real riot.

Too bad our cops don't ride horses like they do in London.

ESPN has a bunch of ABC reporters and ESPN guys there. Blowing up on twitter, too.
"g
Thanks man. I just had a Penn State Alum blow up my Facebook defending the students who are rioting. I have to post his comment here because this site is well informed about this scenario...you can tell he is not and is wearing blue and white shaded glasses. This is what he had to say:

My status talked about the PSU Students rioting and commented about how PSU students are supposed to be "gifted". Here is his response.

"a few men covered up a tragic horrible thing a few. Psu is bigger then a few men.Just like i dont blame every white person for slavery even tho i got attacked by the kkk as a child and how people turned a blind eye. People become all holy when its fitting. I dont approve by any means of what was done and i hope coach S is put away. and all those who were a part of it. But being a part personally of tragic events i know where to put the blame. Joe pa should have done more true but so should the DA who taped the conversations of Coach S. They were the ones who did not file for criminal charges. So do i think every cop in mississippi is a racist because some didnt do anything when my friends were beaten no i dont. I dont hate the entire police force there because a few of them let me and my family and friends down. The ones who were suppose to protect us and i will always have the physical and emotional scars to remember that day. O and by the way riots went on about this as well and i dont think we were less then gifted for doin it."

Can't make this stuff up.

The ESPN guy on the scene said they had trouble finding anyone to interview that could put together a cogent thought. "80 to 90% of the crowd"

There's a Penn State education for you.

"g
Thanks man. I just had a Penn State Alum blow up my Facebook defending the students who are rioting. I have to post his comment here because this site is well informed about this scenario...you can tell he is not and is wearing blue and white shaded glasses. This is what he had to say:

My status talked about the PSU Students rioting and commented about how PSU students are supposed to be "gifted". Here is his response.

"a few men covered up a tragic horrible thing a few. Psu is bigger then a few men.Just like i dont blame every white person for slavery even tho i got attacked by the kkk as a child and how people turned a blind eye. People become all holy when its fitting. I dont approve by any means of what was done and i hope coach S is put away. and all those who were a part of it. But being a part personally of tragic events i know where to put the blame. Joe pa should have done more true but so should the DA who taped the conversations of Coach S. They were the ones who did not file for criminal charges. So do i think every cop in mississippi is a racist because some didnt do anything when my friends were beaten no i dont. I dont hate the entire police force there because a few of them let me and my family and friends down. The ones who were suppose to protect us and i will always have the physical and emotional scars to remember that day. O and by the way riots went on about this as well and i dont think we were less then gifted for doin it."

PSU is no bigger than one man - problem is people can't detach themselves from that fact and look objectively at the school as a whole apart from that.

How were the cope unprepared Steve Levey? They were there before the kids were - did you want them to mace and rubber bullet the whole crowd? Sure, there were a couple incidents but they seemed to pit this thing to bed in an orderly manner.

I'm addicted. NBA pressers on now. No deal, meeting tomorrow at noon. Stern's "Smithers"-like sidekick gives me the creeps.

This is flying around my Facebook from kids I know who go to Penn State.

"We are not this scandal. We are not one person. We are not the administrators who chose to cover the trail of this one person. We are the 100,000+ who show up for game day at beaver stadium and the millions more who watch the games, wherever we may be. We are alumni, children of alumni, fans, and we bleed blue and white. We stand by Joe Pa and his legacy. We stand by his morals and character and believe that he did what he was supposed to do at the time. This is not on him. This is not on us. This is on them. They are not Penn State. We are... PENN STATE."

I bolded the only part I really have a problem with. It is on him. I grew up 2 hours from State College and I'm a casual PSU fan. Sandusky is the child molester, but Paterno didn't live up to his own morals in handling the situation. His firing had to happen.

This is flying around my Facebook from kids I know who go to Penn State.

"We are not this scandal. We are not one person. We are not the administrators who chose to cover the trail of this one person. We are the 100,000+ who show up for game day at beaver stadium and the millions more who watch the games, wherever we may be. We are alumni, children of alumni, fans, and we bleed blue and white. We stand by Joe Pa and his legacy. We stand by his morals and character and believe that he did what he was supposed to do at the time. This is not on him. This is not on us. This is on them. They are not Penn State. We are... PENN STATE."

I bolded the only part I really have a problem with. It is on him. I grew up 2 hours from State College and I'm a casual PSU fan. Sandusky is the child molester, but Paterno didn't live up to his own morals in handling the situation. His firing had to happen.

I agree that PSU is not the admins who chose to cover this up. But Joe Pa is one of those admins. That is what Penn St fans do not get. Do they really think Joe Pa wasn't behind this at all? He likely was the ring leader. He was part of the cover up. Everyone knows Joe Pa ran PSU and that town. Now he is little innocent Joe that had no idea what was going on? Please.

"g

I think that Penn State alum is selling himself short - he's more than a little less "then" gifted. Quite the bright bulb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom