Co offensive coordinators? | Syracusefan.com

Co offensive coordinators?

Actionthrill

Walk On
Can someone please tell me what co offensive coordinators do? Who calls the plays? I just don’t understand why you need two offensive coordinators.

Can someone please tell me what co offensive coordinators do? Who calls the plays? I just don’t understand why you need two offensive coordinators.

One calls all the passing plays.
The other calls all the running plays.

They do Rock, Paper, Scissors when there’s any dispute over which to call.

All of the above is far more logical and structured than anything we’ve seen from Dino since 2018.

One calls all the passing plays.
The other calls all the running plays.

They do Rock, Paper, Scissors when there’s any dispute over which to call.

All of the above is far more logical and structured than anything we’ve seen from Dino since 2018.
Along those lines, one designs the passing game concepts, the other focuses on the running game concepts.

each week both guys are responsible for determining and installing the game plan. On game day, one guy is responsible for the actual calling of the plays. For us I suspect that will be Nixon

Along those lines, one designs the passing game concepts, the other focuses on the running game concepts.

each week both guys are responsible for determining and installing the game plan. On game day, one guy is responsible for the actual calling of the plays. For us I suspect that will be Nixon
Exactly as I see it. Should be fine.

It’s a way of giving guys titles, more money, and additional responsibilities and experience to help them move up the coaching ladder.

its how to attract guys here and take care of them

It’s a way of giving guys titles, more money, and additional responsibilities and experience to help them move up the coaching ladder.

its how to attract guys here and take care of them
All of this. I think it is also a way of ensuring there is someone qualified on staff in the event the program loses a coordinator.

Programs like Georgia and Notre Dame lose coordinators almost every year. If they have a co-coordinator also on staff, it makes it easier to pick up where they left off.

A lot of good thoughts and comments here. I would just add w/ two OC’s both are involved with the installation and game planning week to week. I would imagine most of them have 1 play caller for the game. Other teams may have a system of play calling. One might have control between the 20’s. One might have heavy influence on play calling inside the redzone.

A lot of good thoughts and comments here. I would just add w/ two OC’s both are involved with the installation and game planning week to week. I would imagine most of them have 1 play caller for the game. Other teams may have a system of play calling. One might have control between the 20’s. One might have heavy influence on play calling inside the redzone.
Do you know of any teams that actually have two coaches calling the plays on game day

Or one covers for the other during bathroom breaks … look what happened to Ted Roof last night :)

I didn’t hear. What happened?
There was a turnover in the game … OU pulled in an INT so Roof thinks it’s safe to go pee and takes off sprinting to the bathroom. Jackson Arnold would go on to throw a pick the very next play while Roof was in the bathroom giving the ball back to Arizona. They had on camera the assistants explaining to him what happened and why Arizona had the ball … high comedy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom