Coach Ash Makes Case for Traditional Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Coach Ash Makes Case for Traditional Uniforms

It's good to see a Rutgers coach focusing on the most important issues facing his team, at least the ones circumstances may allow him to correct.

Hiring Ash would have maintained the status quo of mediocrity.

We're going back to our traditional uniforms.

Which one?

Good question. I'm pretty sure it's red though.

Leaked image of Rutgers' new uniforms:
images

It's Rutgers. Don't you need a tradition first?

I suspect that he is referring to the break out season that Rutgers had under Schiano when the Knights wore a traditional scarlet/white uniform - that did not vary from game to game.

I think he's referring more to identifiable branding than to a long history of success on the field at Rutgers.

its interesting that they went off on some teams for what they did with the helmet logos and completely ignored teams that created uniforms with unreadable numbers that the rules state must be readable.

A coach whose name describes the Rutgers program as never to rise up from the Ashes

OrangePA said:
I suspect that he is referring to the break out season that Rutgers had under Schiano when the Knights wore a traditional scarlet/white uniform - that did not vary from game to game. I think he's referring more to identifiable branding than to a long history of success on the field at Rutgers.

This is like talking about the branding of Jim's Burgers. Who, you ask is that?

Exactly.

It's good to see a Rutgers coach focusing on the most important issues facing his team, at least the ones circumstances may allow him to correct.
Control the controllables

Any first year head coach who is talking about the teams uniforms has his priorities in the wrong place. He will be an unmitigated disaster there.

It's just uniforms, who cares!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom