Coach Ash Makes Case for Traditional Uniforms | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Ash Makes Case for Traditional Uniforms

Any first year head coach who is talking about the teams uniforms has his priorities in the wrong place. He will be an unmitigated disaster there.

It's just uniforms, who cares!
Doug Marrone seemed pretty concerned about our practice uniforms and restoring other traditions in his first year to erase the Grob mentality. Didn't make him a disaster. That being said, I love the fact that Rutgers is returning to the look they held for most of their century of ineptitude. Hope they spend the next century in the exact same place.

Rutgirls,Traditional = 10 losses annually:rolling:
laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

i wish we played them every couple of years. good tailgaiting (johnson park) easy road game to attend, particularly for me from bethlehem pa, fertile recruiting grounds in nj.

It's good to see a Rutgers coach focusing on the most important issues facing his team, at least the ones circumstances may allow him to correct.

Interesting that this is written yet there is a 9 page thread on here and the first comment is that Babers wants to tweak the uniforms. There was one article written about Ash wanting to change their uni's and all of a sudden he isn't focusing on football and is a disaster as a coach. Weird.

Interesting that this is written yet there is a 9 page thread on here and the first comment is that Babers wants to tweak the uniforms. There was one article written about Ash wanting to change their uni's and all of a sudden he isn't focusing on football and is a disaster as a coach. Weird.

Is that what I said? Not sure where I said Ash was a disaster. Regardless, Rutgers' situation (Jersey - You know, the place NYC couldn't care less about; AD being in debt to high heaven; playing Michigan, tOSU, Michigan State and PSU annually; the list goes on and on) probably will not allow Ash to reach his potential. That was my inference. That, and Ash could influence uniforms. That does not make Ash a disaster, it makes Rutgers the disaster.

uRQkl.gif

montanaRU said:

We were correctly pointing out using the word traditional and Rutgers was funny.

Not sure concussion protocol will allow leather helmets
Does concussion protocol come into effect when your conference mates will simply steam roll you and your OOC schedule is made up of peewee and pop Warner teams?

One of the best was when Rutgirls got mad at us for showing them mercy in a 50-3 beat down in '97. It doesn't get much better than four consecutive kneel downs to force a turnover on yourself just because you feel flat out embarrassment for them. Hell, they started the damn game trying an onside kick. Things got ugly for them very quickly. :rolling:

"The Orangemen beat the Scarlet Knights for the 11th consecutive time. Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni showed mercy, ordering his offense to take a knee on four consecutive downs after getting a first-and-goal with 2:45 to play."

8811522-standard.jpg

Oh yeah, and the following year they didn't get any mercy. Bwahahahahaha...

Capture.JPG

One of the best was when Rutgirls got mad at us for showing them mercy in a 50-3 beat down in '97. It doesn't get much better than four consecutive kneel downs to force a turnover on yourself just because you feel flat out embarrassment for them. Hell, they started the damn game trying an onside kick. Things got ugly for them very quickly. :rolling:

"The Orangemen beat the Scarlet Knights for the 11th consecutive time. Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni showed mercy, ordering his offense to take a knee on four consecutive downs after getting a first-and-goal with 2:45 to play."

View attachment 60452

Oh yeah, and the following year they didn't get any mercy. Bwahahahahaha...

View attachment 60453
i was at both games---they got mad no matter what we did ---as i remember in one of those games, one of our running backs played half the 4th quarter at quarterback---cannot remember his name though---he was recruited as quarterback---any help here with that??/dee brown,kyle johnson maybe???

Last edited:
i was at both games---they got mad no matter what we did ---as i remember in one of those games, one of our running backs played half the 4th quarter at quarterback---cannot remember his name though---he was recruited as quarterback---any help here with that??/dee brown,kyle johnson maybe???
Dee Brown? Scored the last TD of that game.

this has nothing to do with uniforms but i'm so happy we have babers over ash.

ash might be just as good at coaching defense as babers is on offense but if you think of two curves, i think the curve for offensive coaches is much wider. the difference between the 50th percentile and 90th percentile of offensive coaches is bigger than the 50th and 90th on offense.

sorry to digress, but i see the word ash and i pinch myself that we have babers.

Millhouse said:
this has nothing to do with uniforms but i'm so happy we have babers over ash. ash might be just as good at coaching defense as babers is on offense but if you think of two curves, i think the curve for offensive coaches is much wider. the difference between the 50th percentile and 90th percentile of offensive coaches is bigger than the 50th and 90th on offense. sorry to digress, but i see the word ash and i pinch myself that we have babers.

I think Ash used our open position to raise his profile mostly. It worked. Rutgers and UCONN love the girls we've dated.

ash might be just as good at coaching defense as babers is on offense but if you think of two curves, i think the curve for offensive coaches is much wider. the difference between the 50th percentile and 90th percentile of offensive coaches is bigger than the 50th and 90th on offense.

sorry to digress, but i see the word ash and i pinch myself that we have babers.

I like Babers a lot.

He knows what he wants to do - there is no learning curve for him.

He relates very well to the players and to the press.

And, he seems to be a very intense guy who is committed to Syracuse University.

And, I agree that his offense should be fun to watch this fall.

Ash might end up being a better head coach than Robinson but I cant help to think of him when listening to him talk.

Last edited:
Just saw that Ash hired Houstons WR coach/Recruiting coordinator.

Getting some serious McDonald vibes from that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom