Coach Boeheim's Biography on Suathletics.com... | Syracusefan.com

Coach Boeheim's Biography on Suathletics.com...

jr4750

All American
Am I crazy? Wait, before you answer that... why does this bio look like it has been 5+ years since anyone updated it.

This is the third paragraph, as of January 16, 2014.

Boeheim wrapped up his most recent season as head coach on the Hill with a 829-293 (.739) overall record. He ranked second among active Division I coaches in wins and sixth overall at the end of the campaign. He was honored with a number of coach of the year awards, including those presented by the Associated Press, Naismith Award, the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC), and the United States Basketball Writers Association (USBWA).

I think Hops is old too. This seems a little low brow for your hall of fame coach who is literally creating history with every win to have his bio on the schools website wrong, does it not?? Am I seeing something

http://suathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=816&path=mbasket

Why doesn't the SUAD just let syracusefan.com run their SUA site for them? There would never, ever be anything out of date. Guaranteed.

:)

The SU Athletics website is the worst - even for the basics.

The Otto's Army page (which a lot of students are likely looking at right now with the Duke campout getting started) - has clearly not been updated since 2011. And Otto's Army now works directly with SU Athletics.

And under "facilities" - even the description of the Carrier Dome - is clearly a relic as well (still trumpeting a 31,000 crowd as one of the greatest ever)... not to mention, the TRACK AND FIELD teams! They moved out years ago... there's no more track in the Dome!!!!!

Welcome to the LOUD HOUSE!!! Come experience the mystique of DOME-ination. The electricity and cheers that 32,000 fans bring to the Carrier Dome sends chills through your body when watching the Syracuse Orangemen dominate their opponents on the basketball court as they improve their impressive all-time Dome record of 279-57.

The Carrier Dome, America's most famous and largest structure of its kind on a college campus, is a facility that generates media exposure and adds glamour that attracts some of the nation's most talented student-athletes to Syracuse University. Former greats that have graced the Carrier Dome hardwood include Dwayne "Pearl" Washington, Billy Owens, Rony Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, John Wallace, Jason Hart and Etan Thomas.

Eighteen million people have passed through the Dome's revolving doors since the building's first public event in 1980. Most fans are aware that the Carrier Dome is a tough place for an opponent to play a basketball game. Just ask the Georgetown Hoyas who witnessed the Dome's largest on-campus crowd in college basketball during the 2000 season. The Carrier Dome welcomed 31,009 fans the day the Orangemen played the Hoyas.

The Dome also was host to the 2000 NCAA East Regional Tournament in March and continues to act as a multi-purpose facility adaptable to staging events. These events range from the annual spring commencement to concerts featuring musicians such as Bruce Springstein and Billy Joel and ice shows such as the sold-out performance of former Olympic skaters.

In addition, the Dome also hosts SU's nationally-ranked football team, the seven-time NCAA Champion men's lacrosse team, the women's lacrosse squad and the track and field teams.

The SU Athletics website is the worst - even for the basics.

The Otto's Army page (which a lot of students are likely looking at right now with the Duke campout getting started) - has clearly not been updated since 2011. And Otto's Army now works directly with SU Athletics.

And under "facilities" - even the description of the Carrier Dome - is clearly a relic as well (still trumpeting a 31,000 crowd as one of the greatest ever)... not to mention, the TRACK AND FIELD teams! They moved out years ago... there's no more track in the Dome!!!!!

Welcome to the LOUD HOUSE!!! Come experience the mystique of DOME-ination. The electricity and cheers that 32,000 fans bring to the Carrier Dome sends chills through your body when watching the Syracuse Orangemen dominate their opponents on the basketball court as they improve their impressive all-time Dome record of 279-57.

The Carrier Dome, America's most famous and largest structure of its kind on a college campus, is a facility that generates media exposure and adds glamour that attracts some of the nation's most talented student-athletes to Syracuse University. Former greats that have graced the Carrier Dome hardwood include Dwayne "Pearl" Washington, Billy Owens, Rony Seikaly, Sherman Douglas, Derrick Coleman, John Wallace, Jason Hart and Etan Thomas.

Eighteen million people have passed through the Dome's revolving doors since the building's first public event in 1980. Most fans are aware that the Carrier Dome is a tough place for an opponent to play a basketball game. Just ask the Georgetown Hoyas who witnessed the Dome's largest on-campus crowd in college basketball during the 2000 season. The Carrier Dome welcomed 31,009 fans the day the Orangemen played the Hoyas.

The Dome also was host to the 2000 NCAA East Regional Tournament in March and continues to act as a multi-purpose facility adaptable to staging events. These events range from the annual spring commencement to concerts featuring musicians such as Bruce Springstein and Billy Joel and ice shows such as the sold-out performance of former Olympic skaters.

In addition, the Dome also hosts SU's nationally-ranked football team, the seven-time NCAA Champion men's lacrosse team, the women's lacrosse squad and the track and field teams.
Embarrassing

Reactions: cto
This would be such a good job for one of the interns that are swarming all over the place ... or for a sports management student who is looking for an internship.

The more I read that Carrier Dome description - the more it grinds my gears.
Not even a mention of Anthony or McNamara as one of those greats who've graced the hardwood.

It clearly has not been updated since 2001.

Poles#7 Can you ask that these pages be updated as soon as possible. Its not a good indication of the great program we have!

Poles#7 Can you ask that these pages be updated as soon as possible. Its not a good indication of the great program we have!

Better still, find out why no one's caught that. Whose responsibility is the website? What does that person do all day?

Better still, find out why no one's caught that. Whose responsibility is the website? What does that person do all day?

IIRC, we are paying an outside company (IMG? Sidearm?) to help manage the website.
With work like this, they should be dismissed immediately.

they haven't updated the record book since the end of the 2010 season, either

IIRC, we are paying an outside company (IMG? Sidearm?) to help manage the website.
With work like this, they should be dismissed immediately.

I have to say, it'd be nice to see consequences for that kind of shoddy work (and not just with technology or in athletics) at SU.

My hunch: that text predates the Sidearm era, Sidearm doesn't want to bother with content it didn't create, and SU doesn't fix it because it didn't hire Sidearm so it could play around with its own website. Breakdown in the delegation of duties and quality control, not too different than DPS ineptitude or slapdash snow removal.

I think we should put together and send one of those group cards (where we all sign) to whoever has the authority to change things at SU. That site has been a disaster for years.

I feel bad for the people who have given them money for OAA only to have to put up with their shoddy product. They're stealing money.

I've seen many much smaller colleges with way less athletic prominence have much nicer athletic websites.