Coach Doug Reminds Me of Calhoun...... | Syracusefan.com

Coach Doug Reminds Me of Calhoun......

newmexicuse

All Conference
When Jimmy C. took over the UConn hoops program it was a lot closer to the dregs of the BE than it was to the elite of the BE. I still remember Jimmy C's strategy. He initially tried to upgrade the athleticism & find kids who would work hard on D & never quit. He instilled winning ways in those kids & pride in the program. Gradually over time better & better talent wanted to go to Storrs & be a part of what was happening there.

I see the exact same strategy & process here at work under Coach Doug, only the sport is different. Now it may be too much to hope for us to become a legit Top Five program winning NC's, but there is no reason this plan can't get us back into the Top 25 consistantly with the occaisional big season when all the stars align.

With every close win, I become more & more of a Marrone disciple. He gets the kids to play...HARD! And now they're learning to win the close, poorly played games that they should likely lose, and are starting to manufacture their own luck.
The fact that he's in for the long haul is just gravy, a la JC.
HCDM seems to have "it". Now I don't know what "it" is, but its becoming obvious that he's got IT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom