Coach Hopkins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Hopkins

That's a brutal slate. On the road against 3 currently ranked opponents and home against UNC. The front half of the ACC is actually tougher than the back half for once. I'd take 5-4.

I would as well, but will the masses? Will the media? I'm 100% on board with Hop after JB decides to leave, he goes 1-8 I still think he's the guy for the job.

I would as well, but will the masses? Will the media? I'm 100% on board with Hop after JB decides to leave, he goes 1-8 I still think he's the guy for the job.
We all agree.
Its not about record its about who you play.
Luckily we will not be explaining that Hop is going to do just fine he might lose 3-4 but they will be @ unc @ duke @ virginia @ miami whoever.

I would love to see Hop coach a few games before JB's suspension kicks in. There are 5 easy dome games before the ACC starts, why not let the team get used to having Hop on the bench running the show? It could be a stick-it to the NCAA if SU used the delayed suspension to their advantage. Not that Hop needs anymore experience but the team acustomed to working directly with Hop.

I don't know why all you guys are so nervous about Hopkins and him coaching those first nine ACC games.

Historically, Syracuse doesn't tank until mid-February and that is well after Boeheim's scheduled return. ;)

if you haven't watched WINNING SEASON you should check it out...

winning-season-film.jpg

I am concerned for Hop with this.. Seems like a lose lose situation for him... If the team does not perform well it is his fault, if they perform well it is because of JB. I just think Hop will have to coach like JB and that is not a fair judgement of Hop.. I think SU did a really smart thing by making Hop the coach in waiting.
Luke Walton says "9 games. Pfft!"

I just talked to the axman!! He promised to ask JB at the next presser :)
So JAB has a radio show and Hop has a radio show. What are the plans during that nine game stretch. Are both shows going on as scheduled? Maybe Hop will field a call from Jim in Fayetteville. Hey Coach Hopkins: I noticed that you changed up the defense a little bit in that last game. Good for you. But something tells me that if you do that again then that coach in waiting label might be a long wait.

Last edited:
I think Hop should wear a JB mask when he coaches.

How do you know it hasn't happened already! Maybe JB was wearing a Hop mask and Hop was wearing a JB mask during the Atlantis games!

The Boeheim family has a small white dog named LuLu. I don't know what breed she is, but she is very cute, and she loves JB. I think JB is her major caregiver when it comes to walking her. (I'm serious).

When the dog is about the squat inside the house, "go zone! go zone! 2-3 outside!"

So JAB has a radio show and Hop has a radio show. What are the plans during that nine game stretch. Are both shows going on as scheduled? Maybe Hop will field a call from Jim in Fayetteville. Hey Coach Hopkins: I noticed that you changed up the defense a little bit in that last game. Good for you. But something tells me that if you do that again then that coach in waiting label might be a long wait.
Okay, that's high-larious!