Coach K Adjustments | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K Adjustments

Boeheim consistently answered, Why would you want to substitute, these athletes don't get tired and they get enough of a break during all the natural stoppages...win or lose with your best players on the floor.

He says that when his bench sucks or doesn’t exist.

Boeheim consistently answered, Why would you want to substitute, these athletes don't get tired and they get enough of a break during all the natural stoppages...win or lose with your best players on the floor.
but team usa is sui generis ... on that team, there is next to no dropoff between starters & reserves

It's funny, how do you define "Best College Coach" ever. Clearly based on results he is there, but the playing field is never even. He is clearly the best program builder ever, clearly one of the top recruiters ever...but given the talent that he has every year does he achieve results that would be befitting of the "best coach ever" mantle.

He starts this season with the top 3 class of 2018 recruits, including the top 2 talents in the next NBA draft. When he loses one of those 3 he can turn to a prior year 5 star Marquis Bolden on his bench. When Trey Jones goes down he can turn and insert a 4 star and #33 player in the class of 2017 Alex O'Connell as a replacement.

What would JB, Buzz, Mike Brey, Bennett or Chris Mack do if they consistently had the talent that K has had? Would the results be much different?

I think K is has built a fantastic program at Duke. Is he the best "coach"? Depends on your definition. Calipari is the same deal, only a bit more obvious as his results haven't compared to K's.

His body of work speaks for itself. Being a college coach is recruiting, coaching etc. He's 2nd to Wooden and I don't think it's really much of a debate. Don't overthink it, like him or hate him.

Plenty of coaches have recruited great talent and not done what he has. I agree this year is a little bit absurd but those are the breaks.

he completely took eli out of the game 2nd half

Eli had some great looks again in the second half, they just didn't go down. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there were absolutely shots attempted in the second half that didn't have a defender right in their mug.

Eli had some great looks again in the second half, they just didn't go down. I'm not saying you're wrong, but there were absolutely shots attempted in the second half that didn't have a defender right in their mug.
duke was determined not to give him space to shoot after the break; he only had 4 fg attempts in the entire 2nd half vs 11 (plus fouled in the act once) in the first

Of all the blue blood schools Roy is the worst
First, my Duke friend usually says this after Duke loses or plays a game too close for comfort. Second, if Roy could stop getting so dizzy - poor guy! - his in-game coaching would probably improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom