Coach K has ruined college basketball | Syracusefan.com

Coach K has ruined college basketball

Its not Coach K's fault college basketball refs have no idea how to call block/charge calls. He teaches his players to exploit an obvious flaw in the system. The NBA doesn't have this problem because their refs know how to call the block/charge.

I thought the rules committee said the refs will be focusing on flopping and instructed not to call it as often.

Flopping is the opposite of hacking and holding. The more a team hacks and holds on defense, the more the refs let them get away with without calling a foul. If a team flops enough, eventually the refs get confused and start calling offensive fouls.

This might be one of the most hilarious thread (titles) of all time. Gold.

Didn't Fab flop? Didn't we like it? I guess he took charges. All I know, he was on the ground a lot for a 7 footer.

No bad officiating (or inconsistent) officiating is ruining college basketball.

The second half last night was a joke the way it was called (on both sides)

The flop is pretty annoying no matter how you slice it. Hell the NBA fines players for it, it definitely needs to fixed along with refs getting On the same page when calling a charge or block.

No bad officiating (or inconsistent) officiating is ruining college basketball.

The second half last night was a joke the way it was called (on both sides)
That Allen kid had 7 turnovers, painful to watch at times.

Yeah as an NBA fan, it seems to me that a lot of the flopping (not all, its going to happen on some level) has been cleaned up with the fining. Obviously the NCAA can't fine kids for flopping, but maybe there is something they can do.

K's post-game comments regarding MD leaving the ACC were childish, and unnecessary. If he was upset about losing, maybe he should have taken out his frustration on his POTY candidate. Plumlee had 4 points and 3 boards for the game.

On topic, I hate flopping. I hated when Fab did it, too. I hate that some programs, like Duke and Marquete, seem to emphasize flopping as a defensive tactic. It's embarrassing, and shouldn't be a part of basketball, IMO.

K's post-game comments regarding MD leaving the ACC were childish, and unnecessary. If he was upset about losing, maybe he should have taken out his frustration on his POTY candidate. Plumlee had 4 points and 3 boards for the game.

On topic, I hate flopping. I hated when Fab did it, too. I hate that some programs, like Duke and Marquete, seem to emphasize flopping as a defensive tactic. It's embarrassing, and shouldn't be a part of basketball, IMO.

K's comments on MD remind me of JB's comments on Katz moments after an embarrassing loss...just a case of distemper getting the best of them while they're still smarting. We sterotypically think of K as being the gentleman and JB being the jerk, but they're all human. You might put John Wooden at one end of that spectrum and Bobby Knight at the other end, but never forget they're all highly competitive or they wouldn't have risen to that level of achievement.-VBOF

Yeah as an NBA fan, it seems to me that a lot of the flopping (not all, its going to happen on some level) has been cleaned up with the fining. Obviously the NCAA can't fine kids for flopping, but maybe there is something they can do.

Easy. Consider "flopping" a technical. It's a form of cheating.

What were Coach K's "childish" post game Maryland comments that a couple of you have referred to? I've searched but couldn't find.

What were Coach K's "childish" post game Maryland comments that a couple of you have referred to? I've searched but couldn't find.

It wasnt childish. He just said that if they rivalry meant so much to maryland they would t have bolted for the B1G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasnt childish. He just said that if they rivalry meant so much to maryland they would t have bolted for the B1G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't say that if Duke had won. It's easy for him to whine about teams leaving the conference, when his school and UNC run the show.

Yes, phe would have made similar comments had they won. He's made similar comments ever since Maryland announced the move.

His comments weren't childish h