Coach K Scouting report | Syracusefan.com

Coach K Scouting report

Duke fan here, and there is a reason why articles like the article you posted about Coach K are very very rare. Him and Boeheim are two outstanding coaches and two gentleman on and off the court, you may think as you wish but I can hope that you don't let people with a big agenda against Duke and Coach K give you a wrong view.

Duke fan here, and there is a reason why articles like the article you posted about Coach K are very very rare. Him and Boeheim are two outstanding coaches and two gentleman on and off the court, you may think as you wish but I can hope that you don't let people with a big agenda against Duke and Coach K give you a wrong view.
You've been a member here a long time.

When Duke played in the Dome during the NCAA tourney a few years back, weren't there a few folks who worked at the Dome who reported that K's wife treated the Dome workers like crap, and wanted special treatment, in a sort of Don't you know who I am? manner?

There is no doubt that K is a great coach and a great person. These articles are a joke.

K and JB are dear friends and really never wanted to have to play each other (as both have said in interviews). What we all get to witness on Saturday is truly awesome. The 2 winningest coaches in NCAAB history facing off against one another in front of a record-smashing crowd.

With that being said, I look forward to JB closing the gap with K by 1 game. ;)

Anything related to UMD is garbage. They are dead to us. They can take their whiney, unappreciated fans and have a tailgate at the RAC.
Was written by a UNC fan.

Anything related to UMD is garbage. They are dead to us. They can take their whiney, unappreciated fans and have a tailgate at the RAC.
At least they can spread out - there will be PLENTY of room there.

Another SU fan who works at Duke sent me this a long time ago. Get a cup of coffee and enjoy.

http://terrapins.wordpress.com/the-anti-duke-manifesto/

I am very happy that Maryland is leaving the ACC. Duke players and coaches have been treated like criminals when going to Maryland. For the Duke program it is extremely unsafe to play at Maryland. The Terrapin fanbase has a hatred for Duke that should not exist. A team of college student-athletes should not be

When Duke played in the Dome during the NCAA tourney a few years back, weren't there a few folks who worked at the Dome who reported that K's wife treated the Dome workers like crap, and wanted special treatment, in a sort of Don't you know who I am? manner?

She should get special treatment as should everyone associated with the teams' official traveling party; just as our traveling party should expect when we are on the road.

I don't get that sense with Syracuse that I have with UNC and Maryland in regards to how they think of Duke. They are very out there and a lot of the fans from those two fanbases truly think Coach K is an evil person.

I respect Boeheim greatly for all of his records and success at Syracuse and for coaching with Coach K on the Olympic team. While it won't be a "friendly" game (both teams obviously want to win.) I get the feeling that there will be tons of respect being shared before and after the game, as I think there should be when two great programs with great coaches play.

I do not like Jamie Dixon he whined the entire game last night and disrespected Coach K in the handshake line.

I strongly dislike Duke [on the court], and have for a very long time.

But I agree with this post.

Duke players and coaches have been treated like criminals when going to Maryland. For the Duke program it is extremely unsafe to play at Maryland.

What does this mean? Do you have any examples you can share with the class?

Coach Boeheim actually won one of those International games because they were playing man to man the whole game and on the last possession USA was up by one score and the staff decided to run the 2-3 zone and it worked and we won the game. I remember Coach Boeheim said after the game jokingly that he doesn't think he will ever suggest to Coach K to run zone again because he is 100% when suggesting it and doesn't want that to change. :rolling:

I do not like Jamie Dixon he whined the entire game last night and disrespected Coach K in the handshake line.

Just from the replay it looks like Dixon was trying to get one last whine/shot in at the ref that was right next to them. I don't think it was about K.

Just from the replay it looks like Dixon was trying to get one last whine/shot in at the ref that was right next to them. I don't think it was about K.

I agree. He looked right at the ref who happened to be walking by as he was shaking K's hand.

I am of the belief that win or lose you should look your opponent in the eye and shake his hand. Dixon barely gave a handshake and did not look Coach K in the eye. I also believe that when you lose by 15 points on your home court and get whipped the way Pittsburgh did in the second half that you should accept your defeat like a man. Why whine to the ref when you lost by 15? Pretty rubbish if you ask me.

I agree. He looked right at the ref who happened to be walking by as he was shaking K's hand.

And that's the problem. If you don't stop and kiss the ring of K the whole duke world gets turned upside down.

I am of the belief that win or lose you should look your opponent in the eye and shake his hand. Dixon barely gave a handshake and did not look Coach K in the eye. I also believe that when you lose by 15 points on your home court and get whipped the way Pittsburgh did in the second half that you should accept your defeat like a man. Why whine to the ref when you lost by 15? Pretty rubbish if you ask me.

I never said it wasn't rubbish, just said it wasn't about K, like lots of things in the world, including the college basketball world, aren't about K.

And that's the problem. If you don't stop and kiss the ring of K the whole duke world gets turned upside down.

It has nothing to do with Duke or Coach K. You should give respect to your opponent especially if they beat you. I was using last night as an example because...it happened just last night. It was the first time I actually paid attention to Jamie Dixon. If I had noticed it before last night I would have had the same opinion on him that I have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom