Coach K with back issues again | Syracusefan.com

Coach K with back issues again

If he ejects on this season he should just retire and give the job to Capel.

Maybe JB has some type of back condition too that has him and his team so discombobulated? Maybe Hop can fill in too for a while...oh wait...never mind. ;):)

I guess coach k knows some losses are coming his way....i am sure he will pick up the wins regardless.

duke had the consensus #1 overall class this year. when do they get everybody back ?

There's no public contract but is the prevailing thought that Capel, the Associate HC, eventually takes over for K?

Also, IMO, Duke cuts down the nets this year. They're the country's deepest, most complete/talented team now that everyone's healthy & once Allen returns.

There's no public contract but is the prevailing thought that Capel, the Associate HC, eventually takes over for K?

Also, IMO, Duke cuts down the nets this year. They're the country's deepest, most complete/talented team now that everyone's healthy & once Allen returns.

I can't imagine that being the case. Duke has other ex-players and alums currently coaching, (Collins, Wo-Jo) that appear to be doing relatively well for their respective schools if they plan on keeping things 'in-house' once K retires.

Absolutely NO WAY this is to deflect attention away from Grayson...
I guess coach k knows some losses are coming his way...i am sure he will pick up the wins regardless.
duke had the consensus #1 overall class this year. when do they get everybody back ?
The consensus on our board is that he now knows the freshmen aren't going to live up to the hype (supposedly they're all back now), so he's giving the losses to Capel (Pete Gaudet II).

The consensus on our board is that he now knows the freshmen aren't going to live up to the hype (supposedly they're all back now), so he's giving the losses to Capel (Pete Gaudet II).
Too bad I can't post my own emojis here.

Head of chicken, mound of poop.

At least he gets the 'overrated' top 10 recruits to come to Duke.

Yeah, I mean the guys getting surgery

Sorry, lol may have been a poor choice. Either way the precedent was set for him to jump ship when things start to go downhill.

A lot of Duke fans thought they would go 40-0. They had everybody back before Grayson was suspended. I'm sure the drama there has taken a mental toll along with the physical issues.

The whole thing is dubious to me. I am not saying i can credibly connect the dots but 1) tatum, giles, jackson are clearly not okafor, winslow, jones (altho kennard, allen, jefferson are very very good) and 2) at my age i have had several athletic buds recently who need serious surgery, whether it be shoulder, knee, ankle, back; they are were in considerable pain but NONE of them scheduled surgery "in season" whether it be tennis, golf , basketball they are waiting/waited til the season is over. K really cant wait til April? I guess not

Obviously, the surgery can't wait! He's been in pain for quite a while. I know we fans are cynical, but he wouldn't choose to have this surgery if he could avoid it. He makes me mad a lot but I have to wish him well.

The other time he left, it seemed to be at least partially emotional. Things weren't going well, and then he had back problems. But the mental and physical are closely tied together.

This thread has referred to it, and I want to expand the subject. Coaches B & K are getting old. K's body has really been having problems. For our Coach B, it may be more mental fatigue. The stress of the upcoming retirement has to be working on him. Both want to go out on a high, of course. K may achieve this, but it is looking shaky potatoes for B. This present team seems to absolutely confound him. He says that "talk is nonsense," but clearly it is not! Coaches need to talk to their teams (I think he was referring to the players' meeting) and I have difficulty picturing him working on schemes to develop his players' confidence. Now, that may be a completely unfair thing to say, because I don't know what goes on inside the coaching room. As he has gotten older, has this gotten more difficult (in addition to all the other factors playing into this nightmare of a season)?

I want nothing but success for our Coach and the ending of this story - at the present moment - makes me profoundly sad.

Obviously, the surgery can't wait! He's been in pain for quite a while. I know we fans are cynical, but he wouldn't choose to have this surgery if he could avoid it. He makes me mad a lot but I have to wish him well.

The other time he left, it seemed to be at least partially emotional. Things weren't going well, and then he had back problems. But the mental and physical are closely tied together.

This thread has referred to it, and I want to expand the subject. Coaches B & K are getting old. K's body has really been having problems. For our Coach B, it may be more mental fatigue. The stress of the upcoming retirement has to be working on him. Both want to go out on a high, of course. K may achieve this, but it is looking shaky potatoes for B. This present team seems to absolutely confound him. He says that "talk is nonsense," but clearly it is not! Coaches need to talk to their teams (I think he was referring to the players' meeting) and I have difficulty picturing him working on schemes to develop his players' confidence. Now, that may be a completely unfair thing to say, because I don't know what goes on inside the coaching room. As he has gotten older, has this gotten more difficult (in addition to all the other factors playing into this nightmare of a season)?

I want nothing but success for our Coach and the ending of this story - at the present moment - makes me profoundly sad.
Our classy coach B - yes

Coach "Done-This-Before-To-Shave-Losses-Off-His-Record" invites cynicism.

Let's see him Keep the wins and losses to date at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom