Coach K with back issues again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K with back issues again

Coach K has one of the most talented teams in the country, and they are just getting their guys back and into the swing of things. They could be a major problem to play against in another few weeks. Why would he be having an unnecessary surgery to "duck" anything? I dislike Duke as much as anyone, but cmon.

This is not that team where Cherokee Parks was his best player and Chris Collins was a starter. They've got like 5 first round picks on their roster.

No, it was caused by bending over backwards trying to accommodate Grayson and explaining away his treatment of him.
When GA comes back in 1-2 games, K wont have to explain why the suspension was so short. And he gets to come back in time for a run at a title. As usual works out pretty well for K. Hes led a charmed life...well outside of these back surgeries over 20 yrs apart...

The interesting question regarding K, when GA inevitably trips someone again later this season, possibly injuring them, how long will K make the suspension then??

When GA comes back in 1-2 games, K wont have to explain why the suspension was so short. And he gets to come back in time for a run at a title. As usual works out pretty well for K. Hes led a charmed life...well outside of these back surgeries over 20 yrs apart...
IF widdle baby Gwayson can contwol his disTEMPAW and not TWIP any opposing pwayews again!

The whole thing is dubious to me. I am not saying i can credibly connect the dots but 1) tatum, giles, jackson are clearly not okafor, winslow, jones (altho kennard, allen, jefferson are very very good) and 2) at my age i have had several athletic buds recently who need serious surgery, whether it be shoulder, knee, ankle, back; they are were in considerable pain but NONE of them scheduled surgery "in season" whether it be tennis, golf , basketball they are waiting/waited til the season is over. K really cant wait til April? I guess not
Ever have a bad back? If you did, you would know the answer to your question. I had disk surgery 5 years ago. I could do nothing until after that surgery. Oh, and I tried to put it off too. Dumbest thing I have ever done.

Ever have a bad back? If you did, you would know the answer to your question. I had disk surgery 5 years ago. I could do nothing until after that surgery. Oh, and I tried to put it off too. Dumbest thing I have ever done.
So i have a guy in our indoor tennis league who needs his second disc surgery (altho i could be mischaracterizing it), he is toughing it out thru the end of the season because he is a character guy and he knows we need him. Its heroic watching him but he is in phenomenal shape for his age

Our classy coach B - yes

Coach "Done-This-Before-To-Shave-Losses-Off-His-Record" invites cynicism.

Let's see him Keep the wins and losses to date at least.
Okay, when he went out years ago, he did have something wrong with his back but he was also in some kind of emotional decompensation. His wife told him she would divorce him if he didn't take the year off to get his s*** together. And yes, I am sure the decompensation had to do with the fact that his team wasn't good that year.

Which leads me to wonder about Boeheim's stress level. At least he is staying the course, which was more than K was able to muster!

Coach K has one of the most talented teams in the country, and they are just getting their guys back and into the swing of things. They could be a major problem to play against in another few weeks. Why would he be having an unnecessary surgery to "duck" anything? I dislike Duke as much as anyone, but cmon.

This is not that team where Cherokee Parks was his best player and Chris Collins was a starter. They've got like 5 first round picks on their roster.

I hear you but I don't know if Giles will ever be ready and the funny thing is Cherokee Parks was a first round pick.

I hear you but I don't know if Giles will ever be ready and the funny thing is Cherokee Parks was a first round pick.

Cherokee was good, but he wasn't exactly a can't miss prospect. And he was their only draft pick that year. Then they had nobody drafted the following two seasons. This team is much more talented than that one.

My dad's a Marine and the only time he ever talked about pain is when he slipped a disk.

Well they took away Grayson's Captain designation, so now he's just one of the guys. Back sooner than later.

Well they took away Grayson's Captain designation, so now he's just one of the guys. Back sooner than later.
I took it the same exact way, but could K be so arrogant to telegrapgh it so obviously? We shall see...

To me the Allen thing is very interesting. Ie how many games should a kid be suspended for something like that? One one hand he could have injured somebody so to me it has to be more than 1-2 games. But otoh i dont believe it was allens intent to injure someone, so i would put the suspension at 3-4 games. But to me you should be able to specifically quantify the suspension and the "indefinite" rubs me the wrong way, ie obviously I might think K is using "indefinite" to be flexible and suit his own needs. Why else use indefinite? A psychiatrist is involved and k is waiting for medical clearance? Lol

Last edited:
I took it the same exact way, but could K be so arrogant to telegrapgh it so obviously? We shall see...

To me the Allen thing is very interesting. Ie how many games should a kid be suspended for something like that? One one hand he could have injured somebody so to me it has to be more than 1-2 games. But otoh i dont believe it was allens intent to injure someone, so i would put the suspension at 3-4 games. But to me you should be able to specifically quantify the suspension and the "indefinite" rubs me the wrong way, ie obviously I might think K is using "indefinite" to be flexible and suit his own needs. Why else use indefinite? A psychiatrist is involved and k is waiting for medical clearance? Lol
Dook's schedule: 12/31 @VPI L (Allen sat out); 1/4 Ga Tech; 1/7 BC; 1/10 @ FSU; 1/10 @ Louavul. The question is whether he returns for FSU or not. Louavul would be 5 games and even I think that would be excessive at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom