Coach Kill retires immediately at Minnie | Syracusefan.com

Coach Kill retires immediately at Minnie

Always hate these types of things. With all of the grand mal seizures he's had, hard not to think something bad is going on with his brain like a tumor or something.

Prayers to his family. Damn.

tough time for sports fans in minnesota

i was nervous for him the whole time in the texas toast bowl

An excellent coach.

Wish him the best.

Man, they are dropping like flies in college football.

This is NOT the year to be looking for a good coach, way too many vacancies at top spots.
Yes. This year, if your program has the option of waiting, better to do so.

That is probably a smart move, the guy is always having health issues.

In what way?
Because there wont be many good candidates out there. lots of openings and his top targets might choose other schools. Makes it less likely that Shafer will get fired this year.

Last edited:
Because there wont be many good candidates out there. lots of openings and his top targets might choose other schools. Makes it less likely that Shafer will get fired this year.
Makes sense.

But I don't think the Minnesota job's opening was a tipping point on the issue.

Makes sense.

But I don't think the Minnesota job's opening was a tipping point on the issue.
No, but it's one more contender. I hate to say it, butI'm guessing that's a more attractive job than Syracuse. They've won more games than us in the last 4 years, have been to more bowl games, and based on Kill vs. Shafers contract (2.1 mil vs 1.3 mil) they'll be willing to pay substantially more.

based on Kill vs. Shafers contract (2.1 mil vs 1.3 mil) they'll be willing to pay substantially more.
Stop it. How much would you pay for an inexperienced head coach? $5M? The coaches were paid market value at the time they were hired.

Due to the late departure date of FHCDM, TGD didn't really have any other options. You don't know what SU is able, and willing, to pay for an experienced head coach. Hint, more was offered to other experienced head coaches the last time that SU did a timely search.

I'm going by what the athletic dept. has traditionally paid. Boeheim isn't even paid comperably to coaches with a similar resume'. Why would they pay an unproven comodity the fair market value, when they never have. I understand Shafer's salary. That's a different situation. I don't know if it's Coyles call how much to spend, but hopefully he would do what has not traditionaly been in the past, and offer a competitive salary with peer schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom