DART | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DART

They only have up 10 in the second half because our special teams wasn’t letting UNLVs offense on the field

maybe or maybe not. D picked a pass in the 2half and 1 play later we scored a TD. We botched one punt in the half and threw a pick after running 13 plays.

I suppose we can thank the offense in the 2nd half but that’s part of the game And why it helps when you have a good offense. We had six possessions. We scored 4 touchdowns including OT. Our time of possession killed them. We had the ball for 39 minutes.

The D did enough to win. I’ll take offense over defense every time.

As a coach - I absolutely love the concept of what DART has the potential to stand for.

Detail. Accountability. Relentless. Tough.

I said this on Twitter tonight. When the first two letters of DART are detail/accountability - as a coaching staff, you better practice what you preach.

Our special teams has SUCKED because of we flat out lack being detail oriented. Matching scheme. Falling for basic stunts on the line. This should be easily avoidable. There needs to be some accountability with out special teams coordinator immediately. If everything you preach is DART and the head man isn’t following it - the culture will start to laugh at it.

Now let’s talk about the defense. Those that know me know I’m a former DCoordinator. I know HCFB laughed at the gtech coach about suggesting we lack toughness. WE LACK TOUGHNESS. The amount of arm tackles in our secondary is absurd. To watch a DB turn and run with a WR when the QB is already five yards beyond the LOS. To see Perry control the point of contact and our LBs just overrun the play. We need to tighten up immediately. We are wasting a great offensive scheme with the best QB we’ve had in years.
People forget we're missing the LEADER of this Defense in Marlowe Wax who has missed the last 4 game which is crucial to our Defense making sure everyone is lined up correctly and calling audibles and changes on Defense and also bringing and the setting the intensity for the rest of the Defense. Can't come back soon enough imo!

Ok, i get soft zone, but their WRs were getting the ball 10 yards down the field with no defender within 5 yards at least. This has been a problem for many years now, can't really blame the DC, i guess that's more on the quality of the defenders.
It was consistent. At times our corner was playing so far off the WR that a 5 yard sideline pass was there all day long, at other times I saw Barron trying to cover WR’s. I’m not sure what the scheme was but there were major gaps.

He’s not wrong. I was there. Our horrid specials made it a game. Otherwise we would have run away with it.
Oh you were there? Would have liked to have met you and said hi.

As a coach - I absolutely love the concept of what DART has the potential to stand for.

Detail. Accountability. Relentless. Tough.

I said this on Twitter tonight. When the first two letters of DART are detail/accountability - as a coaching staff, you better practice what you preach.

Our special teams has SUCKED because of we flat out lack being detail oriented. Matching scheme. Falling for basic stunts on the line. This should be easily avoidable. There needs to be some accountability with out special teams coordinator immediately. If everything you preach is DART and the head man isn’t following it - the culture will start to laugh at it.

Now let’s talk about the defense. Those that know me know I’m a former DCoordinator. I know HCFB laughed at the gtech coach about suggesting we lack toughness. WE LACK TOUGHNESS. The amount of arm tackles in our secondary is absurd. To watch a DB turn and run with a WR when the QB is already five yards beyond the LOS. To see Perry control the point of contact and our LBs just overrun the play. We need to tighten up immediately. We are wasting a great offensive scheme with the best QB we’ve had in years.
I posted a similar sentiment in another thread about the ST coordinator, before seeing this.
I obviously agree.

Good stuff JB. I agree with your thoughts. Fran has to clean stuff up but I do have confidence in him finding the answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom