Coach P's recruiting classes getting stronger | Syracusefan.com

Coach P's recruiting classes getting stronger

Last I knew, at least 6 of the recruits in their incoming class have been declared ineligble and are either going to attend prep school or a JUCO.

That might be a record for any school, ever.

sounds like his last few classes at SU - amazing when you go back and look at those classes that seemed pretty talented when signed and then see how many of the players either never made it to campus or didn't pan out

That QB will be very successful vs. Memphis and SMU.

Last I knew, at least 6 of the recruits in their incoming class have been declared ineligble and are either going to attend prep school or a JUCO.

Their board claims Fuchs is going to prep school to gain more football experience.

Isn't that what red-shirting is for? That's really strange.

He's no longer in our conference.

He's a great guy and a great coach.

And to the surprise of nobody on this board I'm rooting for him to build that program.

And I still think Edsall - whose last season in Storrs was a series of "rabbits out of hat" wins - left UConn knowing that the cupboard was pretty bare - especially at QB.

He's no longer in our conference.

He's a great guy and a great coach.

And to the surprise of nobody on this board I'm rooting for him to build that program.

And I still think Edsall - whose last season in Storrs was a series of "rabbits out of hat" wins - left UConn knowing that the cupboard was pretty bare - especially at QB.

A great man, decent coach. Biggest issue is a lack of flexibility over embracing trends in CFB. I'd love to see them as the best mid-major just for P, but honestly - I think he is done this year when they finish 3-4 in the weak AAAAAC.

good for coach p-

his time was up at su and he did pretty well in the nfl afterwords-

uconns is no longer a concern to me being left out to dry from the mess of realignment

UConn cupboard wasn't empty when P arrived they have had 6 NFL defensive players drafted in the NFL Draft the last two years the only spot they were weak was at QB, and P couldn't get any talent at that important spot in two recruiting classes coming off a BCS appearance. People talked about how BC was landlocked in the ACC or WVU is right now in the Big XII, but UConn is going to be pretty isolated in the AAC conference after this year Temple will be their closest opponent and then they will have UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston, East Carolina, Tulane, Tulsa that is horrible for recruiting for them THAT is isolated. SU will have BC and Pitt close each year, RU will have Penn State and Maryland close each year and UConn will have Temple and Cincinnati as the closest games that is tough.

UConn cupboard wasn't empty when P arrived they have had 6 NFL defensive players drafted in the NFL Draft the last two years the only spot they were weak was at QB, and P couldn't get any talent at that important spot in two recruiting classes coming off a BCS appearance. People talked about how BC was landlocked in the ACC or WVU is right now in the Big XII, but UConn is going to be pretty isolated in the AAC conference after this year Temple will be their closest opponent and then they will have UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Memphis, SMU, Houston, East Carolina, Tulane, Tulsa that is horrible for recruiting for them THAT is isolated. SU will have BC and Pitt close each year, RU will have Penn State and Maryland close each year and UConn will have Temple and Cincinnati as the closest games that is tough.

Oh please.

UConn was very good defensively.

The Huskies couldn't score - had they been able to score a bit more they would have won a lot more games.

And they had nobody at the QB position - Edsall left them with nothing at the most important position on the field.

Oh please.

The Huskies couldn't score - had they been able to score a bit more they would have won a lot more games.

And they had nobody at the QB position - Edsall left them with nothing at the most important position on the field.

They pretty much scored at will 2 years ago in Hartford.

Sounds like a continuation of the Idris Price model

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Oh please.

of course they couldn't score - he named George Deleone as the OC when he was hired - loyal to a fault

Their QB sure did.

Very true. The QB who could not run.

He used the running QB in much the same way he used Doug Womack in 1992.

DeLeone outcoached Shafer that day - at least in the 4th quarter.

of course they couldn't score - he named George Deleone as the OC when he was hired - loyal to a fault

They couldn't score the year before either - I'm pretty sure the Huskies did not score an offensive TD in the last two or three games of Edsall's last season.

They couldn't score the year before either - I'm pretty sure the Huskies did not score an offensive TD in the last two or three games of Edsall's last season.

they scored no TDs in their last two games, but one of those was against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl (2 TDs but neither was by the O). The week before they had 4 FGs (plus 1 TD by the D) in a road win at USF and in the 3 games prior to that scored 30 against Pitt, 23 against SU and 38 against Cincy.

I wish we could let our fascinations with Coach P go. He is a nice guy, and he needed to be replaced. Every time his name comes up in a thread the usual suspects come out for and against him. He's gone. Let's all get over our obsessions with him and move on. He gave us some very good years and some gawdawful ones. His dismissal from SU, although poorly handled, was inevitable and necessary. Had their been no GRob to eclipse Coach P's worst years, we probably would have forgotten about him by now.

Let it go, everyone.

Another reason to like the ACC - this is the first time I have thought of UConn football in 6 months.

And when I click out of this thread, I expect it to be at least another 6 months before think about that program again. Probably more unless sdhusky jumps off One America Plaza before then.