Coach Shafer releases two | Syracusefan.com

Coach Shafer releases two

Cusetown23

Walk On
Scott Shafer has dismissed DL Markus Pierce-Brewster and Davon Walls from the football team due to a violation of team rules.

Guess he saw the evidence. I predict both get a shot at some desperate 1-AA

If we were in the SEC they would of gotten a one game suspension.

Good.

It sucks, but good.
I agree...what they did was selfish and incredibly stupid. Hope they enjoy playing at PraireView. Their lifetime earnings ability took a major hit. I don't see either making the show.

It hurts but it's the correct decisions given the mountain and clarity of evidence up against them. So long.

Yep. It would be nice to have MPB on the roster, but seriously, let's not even pretend that what these guys did (allegedly) can be condoned. Good on you, Hard Nosed Shafer.

A Hard Nosed decision by a Hard Nosed coach. Kudos if all the charges are true.

A Hard Nosed decision by a Hard Nosed coach. Kudos if all the charges are true.
HCSS really didn't have much of a choice...particularly since he always extolls that one of his mandates is to help create solid citizens.

As painful as this decision might have been, it was the correct one.

Gotta believe that since the charges were initially filed, HCSS has spoken with the police and both players, and feels the evidence is sufficiently compelling to act now rather than drag out the inevitable and allow this be a distraction during spring practice. If there was a reasonable doubt, I think he would have let this work its way through the the legal and SU judicial systems.

HCSS really didn't have much of a choice...particularly since he always extolls that one of his mandates is to help create solid citizens.

As painful as this decision might have been, it was the correct one.

I doubt it was a very painful decision.

Guys are criminals and got caught burglarizing a residence...

It's sad and MPB was certainly a talent on the field as well, but you can't fix stupid.

Morons. F them. Good riddance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great not to have to rationalize a coach's action. He clearly did the right thing. I think it results in 'short-term pain, long-term gain'.

Maybe the coach should hold a team meeting and discuss the perils of theft...Oh Lord

The $EC gives their players free TV's so they don't have to steal them.
yet they still do ... and deal drugs ... pull armed robberies, etc. etc.

Maybe the coach should hold a team meeting and discuss the perils of theft...Oh Lord

I agree, if he had done this already instead of out recruiting in Illinois this would have never happened.

Seriously--is anybody really surprised?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom