Coach Shafer releases two | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Shafer releases two

The only move to make. It does not matter if they were "stealing" their stuff back, two wrongs don't make a right.

It's the right decision. And it's a good message to the rest of the team. You have a great opportunity here, don't do something dumb and blow it.

Interesting. Now the former player once referred to as "Law Firm" will need just that, and the former player named Walls may well find himself behind them. Such a waste.

Scott Shafer has dismissed DL Markus Pierce-Brewster and Davon Walls from the football team due to a violation of team rules.

As far as I'm concerned, Shafer passed his first major test as the teacher of young men. I am happy he is our coach; this was the right thing to do given the situation.

Not to hijack the thread...Cater is always mentioned because of the similarity of the alleged crime. Nobody ever mentions that high school quarterback from Colorado who was thought to be a savior for a brief time. The punch the guy during a cell phone theft dude.

I can't remember his name. Did he end up somewhere other than the county jail? Anybody know?

I don't want players dumb enough to ruin this opportunity on this team.

Good riddance.

The upside to this is that Shafer got to play the disciplinarian in a place where there's just not a lot of grey area. This action reinforces that Shafer won't take crap and certain conduct is completely unacceptable, which the team of course knew before, but now they really know. It's nice that this isn't at all vague, or that the reasons behind needed discipline didn't need to be manufactured. New leaders sometimes feel like they have to manufacture a situation in order to enforce the idea of discipline and accountability.

Nothing to manufacture here.

Not to hijack the thread...Cater is always mentioned because of the similarity of the alleged crime. Nobody ever mentions that high school quarterback from Colorado who was thought to be a savior for a brief time. The punch the guy during a cell phone theft dude.

I can't remember his name. Did he end up somewhere other than the county jail? Anybody know?
That was Jonny Miller. He left the program last year before Spring Practice.
I don't believe that he ever served time behind bars.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2012/03/mario_tull_jonny_miller_shane.html

Donnie Simmons is gonna have to step up. He gained about 20 pounds. Hopefully he kept some of that speed. He can be that speed rusher and Raymon can be the run stopper at that position. We are fine. Lets move on.

I thought Raymon was moved to Defensive Tackle? I'm not a fan of 320 pound DE's, myself.
Raymon is unique. not your average 320 pound DE. To be honest, the times I saw him in practice he didnt impress me at DT. He has skinny legs, moves very well. Dont look like he's 320. When teams like Pitt, Penn St, BC, Miami, try to run off tackle and kick out the DE, thats when he comes in hand, not pass rushing situations, he can play a 3 tech for that

I like the relative swiftness of the move. Assuming they are guilty of these transgressions, I'd rather they go into Spring Practice knowing that they're no longer on the team, rather than a cloud of maybe they will, maybe they won't. Hardnose 1 Idiots 0.

I agree, if he had done this already instead of out recruiting in Illinois this would have never happened.
Actually HCSS needs to assign Asst Coaches to patrol Skytop 24/7 to interceed before our players do anything stupid.

HeloDads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom