Coaches Gave Up Twitter for Lent | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches Gave Up Twitter for Lent

It's a major part of White and Dial's job. I don't care if they gave up personal social media, but to not have any social media recruiting going on is hard to understand.

If they gave up Twitter altogether, yes - I absolutely agree. Ridiculous and hamstrings the job that these two - and the rest of the coaching staff for that matter - are trying to do RE: recruiting.

But there are direct message options on Twitter - and as long as they continued to contact prospects that way, and made sure they continued due diligence in that regard, then it's a minor blip.

But from a fan's point of view, it doesn't make much sense. Give up alcohol or dipping. Not something that may directly impact your job performance.

It's a major part of White and Dial's job. I don't care if they gave up personal social media, but to not have any social media recruiting going on is hard to understand.

I'm not so sure. During the last 30 days all they would have been doing was competing against the "noise' from the other schools. I know it got my attention this morning when they started tweeting again. Maybe it does the same for the kids they are recruiting.

CuseLegacy- I see your point, but let's face it I think missing 30 days would send a message to kids that Syracuse isn't "showing them love". Maybe like SUFan- they are using DM's but I still disagree with the notion of being off social media when they are responsible for recruiting.

CuseLegacy- I see your point, but let's face it I think missing 30 days would send a message to kids that Syracuse isn't "showing them love". Maybe like SUFan- they are using DM's but I still disagree with the notion of being off social media when they are responsible for recruiting.

Well there is still "snail mail". The coaches have been sending handwritten letters. Just me but I would think I was more "loved" getting something more personal like getting a handwritten note then a bunch of tweets.

Oh and the coaches were also still using that thing I used as "social media" when I was young, to contact prospects... it's called a telephone.;)

If they gave up Twitter altogether, yes - I absolutely agree. Ridiculous and hamstrings the job that these two - and the rest of the coaching staff for that matter - are trying to do RE: recruiting.

But there are direct message options on Twitter - and as long as they continued to contact prospects that way, and made sure they continued due diligence in that regard, then it's a minor blip.

But from a fan's point of view, it doesn't make much sense. Give up alcohol or dipping. Not something that may directly impact your job performance.

I don't know maybe we are both wrong. I didn't think they would give up DMing too since it would be stupid, but Eric White didn't follow any of the new recruits all month, and then all a sudden today he is following them all. I don't get the point.

What exactly has been blown out of proportion? Pretty sure a lot of credit for the last two classes has gone to White and his social media prowess, so I see no reason why we shouldn't question him giving it up for 30 days.

No one's said that these 30 days are going to send SU to an 0-12 team, but as the fight to change the perception of Syracuse Football continues, I don't get the benefit of doing this.

so apparently everything entails our lack of visitors, and the coaches giving up twitter...which basically go hand in hand so it's technically 1 thing.

Holy crap it was 30 days and its 300 days until NSD. RELAX. This is going to have 0 impact on our final recruiting class.

Are people here really upset about a group of adults deciding not to tweet for 30 days? It's not like there has been a lack of offers sent out during this 30 day period.

I am always a defender of this staff and their recruiting strategy, I like what they are doing in general. This? Not liking it so much.

hey it's the same old people blowing everything out of proportion! pretty sure McDonald's been in recruiting long enough to know how things work...

Who's blowing it out of proportion?

Maybe it doesn't have any effect at all. But if it effects just one recruitment, it's not a great idea and why take that risk? That's all anyone is saying.

Trust the coaches they have proved they know what they are doing. Do you think kids don't notice these things. Have you seen the letters the coaches have been sending out? They are showing plenty of love. Many of these kids are religious, don't discount the impact of giving something up for lent. It can go a long way with parents.