Coaches on the road starting 4/15/19 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Coaches on the road starting 4/15/19

Got some random info passed to me from a local high school in Virginia that Syracuse has been to T.C. Williams in Alexandria twice this spring, tied for the most among any college visiting the football team. Any idea who we are evaluating there?

I looked at their roster. There is a WR but he is committed to Temple. It's hard to say as it could be a 2020, 2021 or even a 2022 they might be evaluating.

Last edited:
I looked at their roster. There is a WR but he is committed to Temple. It's hard to say as it could be a 2020, 2021 or even a 2022 they might be evaluating.

I heard their sloppy joes are outstanding. And our coaches love their sloppy joes.

The email talked about 20 D1 programs visiting from April to May and included Cuse as a two time visitor and included the likes of Temple (makes sense with their commit being there) and UNC Ohio State, Penn State, UVA WVU, Maryland, Michigan, BC, UCONN and several others.

It also listed a bunch of D2 and d3 schools, and finished with “over 5 million dollars of school monies was offered to TC football athletes”

So I figure there has to be some big fish there to have the likes of some blue bloods visiting to evaluate. Can’t imagine 6’0 160 lb Longerbeam is the right sized guy to get those guys in town to look and see.

The email talked about 20 D1 programs visiting from April to May and included Cuse as a two time visitor and included the likes of Temple (makes sense with their commit being there) and UNC Ohio State, Penn State, UVA WVU, Maryland, Michigan, BC, UCONN and several others.

It also listed a bunch of D2 and d3 schools, and finished with “over 5 million dollars of school monies was offered to TC football athletes”

So I figure there has to be some big fish there to have the likes of some blue bloods visiting to evaluate. Can’t imagine 6’0 160 lb Longerbeam is the right sized guy to get those guys in town to look and see.

Here's the roster. No one caught my eye. Coaches visit schools in an area to also develop relationships.

Here's the roster. No one caught my eye. Coaches visit schools in an area to also develop relationships.

While I agree with you, if there’s “over $5 million” in aid tossed around, somebodies getting offers.

Worth keeping an eye on I suppose. Probably big boys scouting a youngin who hasn’t broken out yet

While I agree with you, if there’s “over $5 million” in aid tossed around, somebodies getting offers.

Worth keeping an eye on I suppose. Probably big boys scouting a youngin who hasn’t broken out yet
Bill Yoast died yesterday. Maybe someone made a nice donation to the football program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom