Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel 2018 sponsored by Chris Ash

Terry Richardson leaving UCONN (RB coach) for Miss St.
I bet Terry, a Syracuse alum, would love to have a chance to coach with an X and O wizard like Dino. It would be his best chance to become an OC some day. Terry actually took a demotion to get out of Storrs. He was an assistant head coach for UConn.

I bet Terry, a Syracuse alum, would love to have a chance to coach with an X and O wizard like Dino. It would be his best chance to become an OC some day. Terry actually took a demotion to get out of Storrs. He was an assistant head coach for UConn.
Lower level position at a higher level program.
Good idea to get off the sinking ship that is Yukon.

Terry had been at UConn a long time in two different stints but hard to deny that's not the place you want to be right now.

Last edited:
Terry had been at UConn a long time in two different stints but hard to deny that's not the play you want to be right now.
I am not criticizing Terry for leaving. Just pointing out it was an unusual move. Randy is at a point now where assembling and/or retaining a good staff is a great challenge.

I am not criticizing Terry for leaving. Just pointing out it was an unusual move. Randy is at a point now where assembling and/or retaining a good staff is a great challenge.

Absolutely, totally get your point and agree. It's a mess there. I'd get out also.

OT but Coach Lewis is putting together a solid class at Kent St

Cavanaugh_Blair.jpg

Blair Cavanaugh

• Alma Mater Portland State '16
  • Years at Ball State 2nd season in 2018

Coaching Experience:
Ball State, graduate assistant coach, June 2017-present
Nebraska, offensive volunteer, Winter 2016-17

Coaching Notes:
Worked specifically with the Cardinal wide receivers in 2017 and 2018.

Other Notes:
Played wide receiver for Portland State in 2015 and 2016 … helped the Vikings reach the 2015 NCAA FCS playoffs … began collegiate career at Oregon State (2012-14) … 2012 OSU Offensive Scout Team Player of the Year … member of Oregon State’s 2012 Alamo Bowl team and 2013 Hawaii Bowl team.

Blair Cavanaugh, Coach Cavanaugh's son is now at SU. I don't know what position will hold at SU.

SU has added Blair Cavanaugh to the coaching staff. The son of OL coach Mike Cavanaugh, Blair will be the special teams quality control coach.

Wake got a good one in Currie. I'll bet he has a bigger impact on their hoops program in the near future as Clawson seems to have a good foundation that has produced solid results.

Wake got a good one in Currie. I'll bet he has a bigger impact on their hoops program in the near future as Clawson seems to have a good foundation that has produced solid results.
Think Currie ended up at UT after the whole Schiano fiasco

Think Currie ended up at UT after the whole Schiano fiasco
He was responsible for the Schiano fiasco and let go.

He was responsible for Schiano and run out on a rail as a result.

He did a lot of good work at KSU and hired a few good coaches. Not sure how he came up with Schiano for UT but that mistake makes me like him more for sticking it to the Vols.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom