Coaching carousel prediction thread | Syracusefan.com

Coaching carousel prediction thread

dinosaurbbq

2nd String

1. It's more fun to think of coaching changes at other schools. It would be great to gather all of our guesses in one thread. Here are my guesses:
    Penn State-- Mike Munchak
    Louisville-- Bobby Petrino returns
    Rutgers--Schiano returns this offseason
    Rich Rodriguez is going to wait for Holgorsen to get fired after going 5-7 next year then return to WVU
    Franklin stays at Vandy

There is zero chance RR goes back to WVU. He torched that bridge with napalm. Even hilljacks have pride and standards.

There is zero chance RR goes back to WVU. He torched that bridge with napalm. Even hilljacks have pride and standards.

Hilljacks have more pride than most non-hilljacks, which causes a lot of problems. However, I now live in the heart of hilljack country in Charleston, WV and I am telling you, the majority of WVU fans are disenchanted with Holgorsen and want Rodriguez to come back here. There are still plenty of hold-outs (like me) who haven't forgotten what he did when he left and I am trying to remind the rest of that. However, even after being reminded, the majority still want him back right now. Another year of no bowl for WV and Holgorsen will absolutely be gone and after this experience, I can't see WVU hiring another top of the line Assistant Coach who hasn't been a head coach before. Thus, Kirby Smart at Alabama and Chad Morris at Clemson and Pat Narduzzi at Michigan State and Derek Mason at Stanford are out even if they would be interested. Choices are down to Rich Rodridguez and maybe Bobby Petrino.