coaching change | Syracusefan.com

coaching change

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
replace daoust / brumbaugh with a new DL coach and hire a ST coach. Preferabbly top notch recruiters as well ... thats what I want for Christmas

daoust is the DE coach.. i thought chan did well. idk what mkail or the others did this game

Recruiting is KEY...

We need a QB who can throw deep with accuracy & run at least a little bit. I would take another RJ Anderson at this point.

Nassib was awful in the first half but was excellent in the second save for the pick. He is too streaky and inconsistent with his accuracy but right now is the best we have. While I am sure some will question this, the quarterbacks behind him with the exception of Loeb (Kinder, Hunt and Broyld if he gets here next year) fit a different mold and the offense will likely be tweaked to be more friendly to a mobile QB (Freeze Option, Option, More Spread formations). I think we all know we need a playmaker on offense who can scare the defense and stretch the field. Maybe Kobena develops into that role, maybe Hale, or one of the wr recruits (Cornelius, Lewis). That said, would be great if we can land Perkins and keep hold of mcfarlene as they seem like that type of talent, albeit at RB.

The D-Line was pretty good today - the playcalling that asked them to be overly aggressive in the 2nd half was suspect but they dominated the 1st half.

Brumbaugh is a good recruiter, don't get rid of him.

The D tackles are the one area that have played above expectations. Coming into the season they were the biggest question mark (maybe LB's). They have more than held their own. Wrong answer.

I would fire Hack or possibly move him to Special teams coach. If you fire Hack i would move John to specials teams coach and bring in a top level secondary coach.

I would fire Hack or possibly move him to Special teams coach. If you fire Hack i would move John to specials teams coach and bring in a top level secondary coach.

Anselmo is an overrated coach. He is good for a pipeline to some kids.

replace daoust / brumbaugh with a new DL coach and hire a ST coach. Preferabbly top notch recruiters as well ... thats what I want for Christmas

Tell us what technique issues you have with Daust and Brumbaugh. And tell us what communication issues you have observed with both. And finally tell us about each one's film study abilities.

He may be an overrated coach but having him concentrate just on ST has to be better than this coaching by committee garbage they are doing now.
You can argue Specials has cost us two games this year and toledo could have been a third.

He may be an overrated coach but having him concentrate just on ST has to be better than this coaching by committee garbage they are doing now.
You can argue Specials has cost us two games this year and toledo could have been a third.

No doubt 1 ST coach would be better. And while the ST put us in very bad positions today, I put the loss on poor tackling more than anything. Even when we went to kicking off short to the boundary, we would miss so many tackles that instead of them starting on their 30-35 it would be the 50.

I don't disagree with you and I think there were lots of areas of blame to go around- ST included. Tackling has been bad all year.

Agreed Bees he is basically a clone of Doug. Good CEO type

We need to hire good recruiters. If they're also able to coach, that's gravy.

rutgirls has recruiters that cant coach-
syracuse has coach's who cant recruit-

we have to find the middle ground-

I do not understand why? The DL for the most part has been better than most have thought they would be. This last game against UCONN, yes we did get beat at the line a lot but their OL was better/bigger.

SU needs to get some nice big uglies on campus. That is all. The coaching by those two from what we see is good. We have undersized players playing some good football at times. I am not worried about Daoust or Brumbaugh on the recruiting trail either. They can hype SU all they want to land the better kids, but in the end it's always what the kid wants. We can't force them to accept SU's offer.

we need one DL coach so we can go out and get a ST coach. We need both the DL and ST coach to be recruiters as well as coaches.

No doubt 1 ST coach would be better. And while the ST put us in very bad positions today, I put the loss on poor tackling more than anything. Even when we went to kicking off short to the boundary, we would miss so many tackles that instead of them starting on their 30-35 it would be the 50.
and not fighting through blockers. they freaking give up when someone puts their hands on them.

Agreed Bees he is basically a clone of Doug. Good CEO type
they showed them talking during yesterday's game a few times. it honestly looked like they were flabbergasted. maybe it is just me, but it wasn't a comforting sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom