Coaching women than men | Syracusefan.com

Coaching women than men

SkyTopBus44

Starter
I know for years there was a thought that Geno Auriemma might coach a men’s basketball team. Becky Hammon becoming a head coach in the NBA is on the table right now. i recall conversations of Pat Summit being considered for men’s basketball. Now Gait has made the switch to the men’s lacrosse game. Has it happened before? I honestly have no clue and it likely has and maybe someone here can enlighten me.

I don’t know about switching between the two, but there are some who do it contemporaneously. Joe Spallina is the women’s coach at Stony Brook and also coaches one of the best Team 91 boys club teams.

Not sure what this obsession on this board about switching between the men’s and women’s game is all about. The games are different, obviously, but core concepts apply to both. And it’s not like human beings aren’t capable of focusing on multiple things at once. I coach high school lacrosse and practice law. Those are two VERY different things, but I’m able to do both fairly well. For a looooong time at the high school, the football coach was also the basketball coach and the baseball coach. A good coach can coach anything if they’re willing to put in the effort to learn what they need to. Gait will be more than fine.

I know for years there was a thought that Geno Auriemma might coach a men’s basketball team. Becky Hammon becoming a head coach in the NBA is on the table right now. i recall conversations of Pat Summit being considered for men’s basketball. Now Gait has made the switch to the men’s lacrosse game. Has it happened before? I honestly have no clue and it likely has and maybe someone here can enlighten me.
Geno wouldn't be able to recruit in the men's division. Gary is going to recruit like the BOSS in men's lax.

I don’t know about switching between the two, but there are some who do it contemporaneously. Joe Spallina is the women’s coach at Stony Brook and also coaches one of the best Team 91 boys club teams.

Not sure what this obsession on this board about switching between the men’s and women’s game is all about. The games are different, obviously, but core concepts apply to both. And it’s not like human beings aren’t capable of focusing on multiple things at once. I coach high school lacrosse and practice law. Those are two VERY different things, but I’m able to do both fairly well. For a looooong time at the high school, the football coach was also the basketball coach and the baseball coach. A good coach can coach anything if they’re willing to put in the effort to learn what they need to. Gait will be more than fine.
Spallina was also the head coach of the New York Lizards (MLL) from 2012 to 2018 so the dude knows how to coach lacrosse regardless of players gender or age.

Spallina was also the head coach of the New York Lizards (MLL) from 2012 to 2018 so the dude knows how to coach lacrosse regardless of players gender or age.
Ah yes. Forgot about that. Point is, it’s completely possible to successfully coach men and women, either contemporaneously or one after the other.

Ah yes. Forgot about that. Point is, it’s completely possible to successfully coach men and women, either contemporaneously or one after the other.
I was just wondering if it had ever happened not that Gary Gait couldn’t do it.

I was just wondering if it had ever happened not that Gary Gait couldn’t do it.
I understand. My response was probably more of a response to all of the posts on the other three threads questioning whether he could do it.

I once had a coach describe his view on the difference between coaching boys and girls (note: not college age). He said if you sit a bunch of players down and start to tell them that there are things that need to be improved, every girl will think to themselves, “It’s true. I do need to get better at that.” While every boy will be looking at the kid next to him thinking, “He needs to get better at that.” :)

Geno wouldn't be able to recruit in the men's division. Gary is going to recruit like the BOSS in men's lax.
That is a fact! I have no problem or hesitation saying that the old cuse lacrosse is righgt or better than we left off after our last title!!!! 2012 was it!

I once had a coach describe his view on the difference between coaching boys and girls (note: not college age). He said if you sit a bunch of players down and start to tell them that there are things that need to be improved, every girl will think to themselves, “It’s true. I do need to get better at that.” While every boy will be looking at the kid next to him thinking, “He needs to get better at that.” :)
Lol! I've heard the exact samething from a coach.

Ummm,.when then defender delivers a hard shot to the shooter, you still must file a habeas corpus brief.

When you score fifteen times more than your opponent, it's appropriate to file a.missing persons report on the defense.

When the defense flips the script and runs a fast break,.th defense must file a motion in limine to slow the process.

And we all know the jury can be out on close calls until the verdict is in/final whistle is blown.

Not seeing much difference between coaching lacrosse and practicing law. Probably less switching from women's to men's game, or vice versa.