Coastal or Atlantic??? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coastal or Atlantic???

People like to point out our history with VPI and Miami. With 1 or 2 exceptions our only history with Miami was historic beatdowns. We had a good thing going with VT but I think alot of it had to do with Vick and Beamer. The Vicks are gone and Beamer's pushing 70 and won't be around too much longer. My point is once Beamer leaves, VT is just VPI again, I'm not sure we could establish the level of vitriol we had with them before especially if he leaves. IDK about Miami, they are a shell of their former selves. FSU and Clemson have more to offer in terms of tradition and atmosphere. I mean would you rather have the chance to play in Death Valley every other year or Sun Life stadium which has seen a 30% attendance decrease in the last 10 years. Not to mention VT fans are D**KS. I think we have a chance to build something with FSU and Clemson if we sneak up and punch them in the mouth a few times.

I like your posts so I don't want you to think otherwise. However, SU is probably in the middle academically in the ACC.
I know about he 80's Canes but my point was Miami is a better academic school than SU.
North Carolina is going to be really good their coach Fedora has been killing it on the recruiting trial and UNC is finally looking their potential will be met. I hope everything you said about SU happens I was just agree you were being optimistic. I hope your right and your post was good so if I offended you that wasn't my intent and I apologize if you feel that way as I respect your posts.

No offense taken. I was making the simple point that too many people, even on this board, praise our opponents and evaluate each as if they are ready for the championship. In turn, they devalue the progress and efforts Syracuse is making to move forward. Teams being up and down are cyclical, nothing more, nothing less. Do some teams have intrinsic advantages? Yes. So what? They don't win it all every year and that is cyclical, too.

I am optimistic, I make no bones about that. I also know that if people expect mediocrity, they will get it. If people focus on the negatives, they will have no problem finding them. Syracuse is coming out of the worst period in football history, the Orange are NOT condemned to stay the perpetual loser (Temple, Rutgers, Indiana, etc.) During this low spot, Syracuse split with Louisville, whom most people, even on this board, are crowning as the only future contenders for FSU and Clemson, this while analysis shows Louisville was supposedly the much better team!

As for Fedora and UNC, until they start beating the Coastal year in and year out, they have fallen far short of their potential. I agree Fedora is out-recruiting most, if not all, of the Coastal division. What does UNC have to show for it? Who in the Coastal fears them? And no one is claiming UNC is ready for FSU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom